Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

12-15-2020, 11:33 PM   #1
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Koch Chemie Products

Anyone have experience with this product line? If so, please let me know your thoughts. More interested in maintenance wash related information...car has PPF and is already coated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

I personally haven't tried any of their products, but it seems like every several months, every YouTuber or detailing shop is pushing a new product that's a game changer. I've bought a lot of stuff over the past couple years and lately there's always a new latest and greatest. I get there's progression of products but I would think there's some marketing bs in there too.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 05:59 AM   #3
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
I personally haven't tried any of their products, but it seems like every several months, every YouTuber or detailing shop is pushing a new product that's a game changer. I've bought a lot of stuff over the past couple years and lately there's always a new latest and greatest. I get there's progression of products but I would think there's some marketing bs in there too.
Moreman made a video and now suddenly people want whatever he says is good so that people buy from his store.

OP, I think that, in your case, there really is not much new to be discovered if your car is already protected to a very high level - PPF and ceramic coating. What brand the coating is, what products are you currently using and what are your pros/cons of them?
      12-19-2020, 12:42 AM   #4
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
I couldn't agree more. Very well said.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #5
jlozano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

I think there is some truth in the sentiment stated. As luck would have it, I finished my gallon of Adam’s car shampoo and needed more....figured I would try the gsf by Koch chemie and I really like it...if it’s time to stock up, I don’t think you will regret the purchase. Oh yeah, I am also with a ppf’d and coated vehicle...it played nicely
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #6
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlozano View Post
I think there is some truth in the sentiment stated. As luck would have it, I finished my gallon of Adam's car shampoo and needed more....figured I would try the gsf by Koch chemie and I really like it...if it's time to stock up, I don't think you will regret the purchase. Oh yeah, I am also with a ppf'd and coated vehicle...it played nicely
Thanks! I am in the same boat in regards to existing protection & thats helpful.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 12:51 AM   #7
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

I have their entire product line that I got during their launch sale. Let me know if you have specific questions. I haven't gotten a chance to test every product though.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 11:48 PM   #8
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I have their entire product line that I got during their launch sale. Let me know if you have specific questions. I haven't gotten a chance to test every product though.
Good to hear & thanks for offering to provide some insight. My F80 is fully protected w/PPF & a coating so I am most interested in the following. If necessary, I can let you know what I currently use to give you something to compare their product line to.

- Gentle Snow Foam
- Leather & Alcantara cleaner
- Leather Star
- Interior TS plastic trim conditioner
- Magic Wheel Cleaner

Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #9
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagR2611 View Post
Good to hear & thanks for offering to provide some insight. My F80 is fully protected w/PPF & a coating so I am most interested in the following. If necessary, I can let you know what I currently use to give you something to compare their product line to.

- Gentle Snow Foam
- Leather Star
- Magic Wheel Cleaner

Thanks again!!
- Gentle Snow Foam - Best in class foaming soap. I've used just about all of them (Adams Mega Foam, Carpro Reset, Gyeon Foam, Ethos Ceramic Shampoo, etc.). This stuff actually removes grime from the paint and you can see brown/black foam drip from the car. The other shampoos just drip white foam but doesn't roll the dirt off as nicely. The foam isn't SUPER thick with GSF but you don't want that. The foam is supposed to dissipate easily so dirt can roll off with it.

- Leather & Alcantara cleaner - It works as a pH neutral APC and its good. You can dilute as needed for the proper application.

- Leather Star - I like this product but you NEED to follow the instructions. Apply, let it DRY fully then buff off.

- Interior TS plastic trim conditioner - Haven't used this yet

- Magic Wheel Cleaner - Haven't used this yet. It has iron removers similar to Sonax or Adams wheel cleaner so I am sure it is effective.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      01-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #10
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
I just actually bought a bottle of GSF to test out. Keep in mind, I'm a novice to the whole 2-bucket thing.

I'll post my thoughts once I washed my car with it.
You can get away with using 2 buckets if you have 5-6 wash mitts available. Use one mitt per panel then throw it into a dirty bucket and don't reuse it on the car until the next wash.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 12:37 AM   #11
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

- Gentle Snow Foam
- Leather Star
- Magic Wheel Cleaner

Thanks again!!
- Gentle Snow Foam - Best in class foaming soap. I've used just about all of them (Adams Mega Foam, Carpro Reset, Gyeon Foam, Ethos Ceramic Shampoo, etc.). This stuff actually removes grime from the paint and you can see brown/black foam drip from the car. The other shampoos just drip white foam but doesn't roll the dirt off as nicely. The foam isn't SUPER thick with GSF but you don't want that. The foam is supposed to dissipate easily so dirt can roll off with it.

- Leather & Alcantara cleaner - It works as a pH neutral APC and its good. You can dilute as needed for the proper application.

- Leather Star - I like this product but you NEED to follow the instructions. Apply, let it DRY fully then buff off.

- Magic Wheel Cleaner - Haven't used this yet. It has iron removers similar to Sonax or Adams wheel cleaner so I am sure it is effective.
Appreciate the detail - Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #12
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:

Thank you for the info on the snow foam, I just bought a bottle but haven't used it yet. I've been using Adam's but fell for Matt's love of the product so thought I would give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 12:06 AM   #13
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You can get away with using 2 buckets if you have 5-6 wash mitts available. Use one mitt per panel then throw it into a dirty bucket and don't reuse it on the car until the next wash.
What do you recommend? I live in an apartment and park underground. No access to a wash bay/ water etc.
Look into Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. I would buy plenty of microfiber towels (500 gsm) to use. Mix a few oz of Uber into a 5 gal bucket then throw 10 towels into the bucket to soak and leave another 10 on the side for drying. Spray the car down with diluted Uber in a pressurized spray bottle then use the soaked microfiber to wipe down each panel flipping it once it gets dirty. Never reuse the dirty microfiber on a new panel. Grab the next soaked microfiber for a new panel then repeat. Then dry off each panel with a dry clean microfiber.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 11:37 PM   #14
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What do you recommend? I live in an apartment and park underground. No access to a wash bay/ water etc.
Look into Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. I would buy plenty of microfiber towels (500 gsm) to use. Mix a few oz of Uber into a 5 gal bucket then throw 10 towels into the bucket to soak and leave another 10 on the side for drying. Spray the car down with diluted Uber in a pressurized spray bottle then use the soaked microfiber to wipe down each panel flipping it once it gets dirty. Never reuse the dirty microfiber on a new panel. Grab the next soaked microfiber for a new panel then repeat. Then dry off each panel with a dry clean microfiber.
How does it compare to ONR?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 12:49 AM   #15
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How does it compare to ONR?
Uber is better than ONR. More gloss and slickness. Smells better too.

Appreciate 0