proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

07-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #1
kwatkins12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 15 M4

Cars and Coffee Philly Area

I know there is the BCX meet first and third Saturday, but are there any others in the area? I used to go to the West Chester one but understand that got shut down is it now C&C Malvern? I've also seen a few things about a weekly one in Montgomeryville off 309. Does anyone know how often these are or of any others in the area?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatkins12 View Post
I know there is the BCX meet first and third Saturday, but are there any others in the area? I used to go to the West Chester one but understand that got shut down is it now C&C Malvern? I've also seen a few things about a weekly one in Montgomeryville off 309. Does anyone know how often these are or of any others in the area?
I've been to the Malvern one (Facebook: Keystone Car Club). It's ok. It's very small compared to BCX, but it meets every Sunday morning. Haven't heard about the one in Montgomeryville. I know there is a Facebook group called "Philly Bimmers" that supposedly meets regularly at the park and ride off 295, but from what I can ascertain it looks a little bit like a tuner/younger crowd and garners a lot of law enforcement attention...so not really my cup of tea.

I'd love another cars and coffee in the Doylestown area. Set it up! I'll attend.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
kwatkins12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
Quote:
I've been to the Malvern one (Facebook: Keystone Car Club). It's ok. It's very small compared to BCX, but it meets every Sunday morning. Haven't heard about the one in Montgomeryville. I know there is a Facebook group called "Philly Bimmers" that supposedly meets regularly at the park and ride off 295, but from what I can ascertain it looks a little bit like a tuner/younger crowd and garners a lot of law enforcement attention...so not really my cup of tea.

I'd love another cars and coffee in the Doylestown area. Set it up! I'll attend.
Another cars and coffee either weekly or setting it up to be opposite weekends of BCX would be great. I'll try to look around at potentially places. If you have any ideas or know any coffee places with big lots let me know and I can give them a call.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
kwatkins12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The Starbucks in Doylestown on the corner of Old Dublin and N Main looks promising. Large parking lot and part of a bigger shopping center. Has there ever been any events here?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
F80HIMM3L
F80HIMM3L
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
The Starbucks in Doylestown on the corner of Old Dublin and N Main looks promising. Large parking lot and part of a bigger shopping center. Has there ever been any events here?
I’ve only seen some Subarus meet there. They usually don’t stick around long.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 09:33 PM   #6
kwatkins12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80HIMM3L View Post
Quote:
I’ve only seen some Subarus meet there. They usually don’t stick around long.
I was thinking before organizing a cars and coffee I should probably call the Starbucks and see about having a bigger meet. Maybe try and get some traction going for it a month or so before to have a good turnout.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:25 AM   #7
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another cars and coffee either weekly or setting it up to be opposite weekends of BCX would be great. I'll try to look around at potentially places. If you have any ideas or know any coffee places with big lots let me know and I can give them a call.
BCX tried it there and it was a disaster. That lot gets busy between the Acme and now a Turning point restaurant in the same lot. I may have a few ideas for spots. I found the current BCX spot for Ernie. We had a few contenders that we never really tried. There is a turning Point in the Valley Square shopping Center in Warrington that has a few lots nearby that could handle some cars, but nothing in front of the actual coffee shop. There is also space behind Panera Bread as well for cars there. Another option is the Manhatten Bagel at Rt 313 and Ferry Rd, but its a smaller lot. If it's a small cars and coffee group that may suffice though. There is also a lot behind the Dunkin Donuts on Rt 611 across from Almshouse Rd that could park quite a few cars and is with walking distance of the dunking donuts, but its an uphill walk.

Last edited by Slowphiveo; 07-10-2021 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 07:01 AM   #8
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Satellite images of Behind the Panera Bread at Valley Square and the Manhatten Bagel at Rt 313 and Ferry Rd. I know that Valley Square does host an evening cruise night in that parking lot (hosted by a local corvette club) but its an evening cruise in and its on the 3rd Saturday of every month...so no conflict if you wanted to do 2nd and 4th Saturdays in the morning.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 08:44 PM   #9
Maryan425
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

There’s also a pretty large lot with a Giant on Street road and Pennsylvania boulevard in feasterville-trevose. I am not sure if that’s in the area for you guys or if they hold any events there but might be worth a inquiry.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 08:22 AM   #10
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan425 View Post
There's also a pretty large lot with a Giant on Street road and Pennsylvania boulevard in feasterville-trevose. I am not sure if that's in the area for you guys or if they hold any events there but might be worth a inquiry.
I've seen this spot used by a bunch of younger Honda tuners. The cops usually roust them.
      07-11-2021, 01:51 PM   #11
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

We've got something in the works...going to be finalizing some details this week, but will have something to post soon!
Appreciate 0