proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #23
Darkmann
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

UPDATE

I recently have been using the system with my iPhone 12 pro max. So far, no issues at all. Yesterday I drove 2.5 hrs using the X5 and there was zero interruption. Maybe it’s the phone, after all. I still have my old phone (7P I believe). For my return trip, I’ll pair it and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #24
Prudvi_12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmann View Post
I recently have been using the system with my iPhone 12 pro max. So far, no issues at all. Yesterday I drove 2.5 hrs using the X5 and there was zero interruption. Maybe it's the phone, after all. I still have my old phone (7P I believe). For my return trip, I'll pair it and see what happens.
I thought it was the phone but when I got it replaced by apple, the problem still happens but not as much.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 12:57 AM   #25
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudvi_12 View Post
Anyone else having an issue with there Bluetooth or usb connection keep cutting out. I have a 2016 bmw m3. Every time I connect my phone with Bluetooth the song plays and cuts out after 1-3 minutes and the same happens for the usb connection. This issue happened back in may but I have been driving the car much so it wasn't a big deal but now it's becoming ridiculous. BMW said everything with the car is fine and Apple said everything with my phone is fine. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?
+1 - Anyone sort this out yet?

I have a 2018 F80 and just started to notice it. When using CarPlay to listen to music it will stop for ~2 seconds and then start again.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 02:21 AM   #26
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

No issues with mine. Take the car into the dealer if still under warranty and have them update your istep version.

I had CarPlay issues a few years ago but the istep update resolved it.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #27
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudvi_12 View Post
Anyone else having an issue with there Bluetooth or usb connection keep cutting out. I have a 2016 bmw m3. Every time I connect my phone with Bluetooth the song plays and cuts out after 1-3 minutes and the same happens for the usb connection. This issue happened back in may but I have been driving the car much so it wasn't a big deal but now it's becoming ridiculous. BMW said everything with the car is fine and Apple said everything with my phone is fine. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?
I've been having this issue for over a year on my 2015 and I'm at my breaking point to where this is really pissing me off since I play music off my phone 100% of the time. Some days it works perfectly fine but other days it'll cut out 10 times in 10 minutes. I feel like it has to be a problem with Apple because I used to have a problem where I couldn't skip songs using the steering wheel toggle but after an update that went away. Then after that was solved this issue started happening
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 09:20 PM   #28
detroitF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive

Same issue but with additional info

I'm using a OnePlus 9 Pro running Android 12 fully updated. (Hell of a phone, btw) My bluetooth cuts out constantly. But here's the twist- I usually have a USB stick plugged in the center console with ultra HQ 320 mp3's on it for the purest of sounds. When the Bluetooth cuts out, Ill switch over to the USB, and that cuts out dependent on the bluetooth. I'll D/C bluetooth and USB music will still be non-functional. Ill pull the stick, restart my phone, forget my phone from the ConnectedDrive menu, all of it. Like previous users have stated the only guaranteed fix is to GTFO and let the car go to sleep for ten mins. UGH. So frustrating. Had the car less than a year and considering selling purely based on this issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 08:49 AM   #29
yrxe
Rep
Drives: bmw 420d cabrio

I have my bimmer for few months now and I was really upset but problems with Bluetooth not being able to play music longer than for few songs and getting stuck u til next drive.
Finally i was able to resolve it by changing Android phone bluetooth protocol for audio. I switched to Bluetooth AVRCP v.1.3 and all works good so far.
Hopefully it will help others as well.
Phone is OnePlus 9pro with Android 13
Bmw unit is NBT Bluetooth software version TN-003.003.001 -012.018
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 05:22 PM   #30
Prudvi_12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrxe View Post
I have my bimmer for few months now and I was really upset but problems with Bluetooth not being able to play music longer than for few songs and getting stuck u til next drive.
Finally i was able to resolve it by changing Android phone bluetooth protocol for audio. I switched to Bluetooth AVRCP v.1.3 and all works good so far.
Hopefully it will help others as well.
Phone is OnePlus 9pro with Android 13
Bmw unit is NBT Bluetooth software version TN-003.003.001 -012.018
I found out the issue was with my phone specifically bc whenever other people connected it didn’t happen. When I got a new phone it was fixed fkr a few weeks and then I coded in CarPlay and it never rlly happened anymore. It cuts out once and a while but very rarely.
Appreciate 0