Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-27-2023, 10:22 AM   #23
Lidocaine
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 Comp

Reached out to their customer support and it looks like dispatch time is roughly 6 weeks or so.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 11:44 AM   #24
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Evolve View Post
We had great results with the Mosselman hybrid turbos on our own F80 M3 with excellent performance data from them.

They would be our choice every single time not only for power, but drivability and most importantly reliability.

Thereís a BF sale on them too, drop me a DM ✌🏻
what price for these and do you offer any klarna options on them?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 12:52 PM   #25
702RIP
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 01 E46M3 LSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilleM3 View Post
Ordered mosselman turbos in September and still haven't received them. Smh. Website says in-stock on mosselman website and they aren't. Smh. I hope they never fail. I'd wouldn't want to wait 2 months for a replacement turbo.

Cancel the order and try to get it 1500$ cheaper for cyber Monday sale if still available
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 05:41 PM   #26
Matt@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
what price for these and do you offer any klarna options on them?
Drop us an email on sales@evolveautomotive.com, we do offer it I believe or PayPal credit a few customers have mentioned using.
Appreciate 1
sly1types414.50
      11-28-2023, 08:42 PM   #27
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 bl Saphire competition M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702RIP View Post
Cancel the order and try to get it 1500$ cheaper for cyber Monday sale if still available
I thought about doing that. ECS has the FCP lifetime warranty. If they ever fail. I'll get a free exchange.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 05:16 PM   #28
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Ordered mosselman turbos in September and still haven't received them. Smh. Website says in-stock on mosselman website and they aren't. Smh. I hope they never fail. I'd wouldn't want to wait 2 months for a replacement turbo.
Curious, why didnít you order directly from Mossleman? Faster, cheaper, and directly from the source.
      12-03-2023, 04:47 AM   #29
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Curious, why didnít you order directly from Mossleman? Faster, cheaper, and directly from the source.
ECS lifetime warranty. 😀
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 04:58 AM   #30
imperfectluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Thatís kind of wild considering I just received mine this week, ordered Oct from MLPerformance which was after you had ordered yours from ECS.

Hope yours reaches a bit sooner than Feb. *m
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 05:09 AM   #31
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

That breaks my heart reading that. I just canceled my ECS order and ordered with ML.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-03-2023, 12:15 PM   #32
imperfectluck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That breaks my heart reading that. I just canceled my ECS order and ordered with ML.
Sorry I didnít get to this thread sooner 🫠. That coupled with the fact that that itís a ~$1,400 price difference from what you paid originally as you donít have to stomach any taxes nor VAT / import fees.

If you have any questions, Lewis Clark from their customer support team was really helpful and transparent along the entire way. Definitely were pleasant people to work with the only challenge was the time zone difference for when the email responses came in.
Appreciate 1
SilleM350.50
      12-04-2023, 11:41 PM   #33
imperfectluck
First Lieutenant
Rep

SilleM3 Finally got the dropship from MLPerformance so it was indeed a great deal and well worth the wait. The shop has the car now while I sort out the tune with Bend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Jbonly21981.50
SilleM350.50
sly1types414.50
      12-05-2023, 12:53 AM   #34
Jbonly21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 15 F80, 2011 X5 35i, E46 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
SilleM3 Finally got the dropship from MLPerformance so it was indeed a great deal and well worth the wait. The shop has the car now while I sort out the tune with Bend.
Nice 👍🏾!
      12-05-2023, 12:55 AM   #35
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Beautiful. Post some results once they're installed on the car 😀 GL
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 02:42 AM   #36
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
ECS lifetime warranty. 😀
Interesting. Didnít know they offered that outside their in-house branded products.

I got my turbos direct from Mossleman, Netherlands to Seattle, in 3 days.
      12-05-2023, 09:01 AM   #37
Lidocaine
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 Comp

Quote:
Thatís kind of wild considering I just received mine this week, ordered Oct from MLPerformance which was after you had ordered yours from ECS.

Hope yours reaches a bit sooner than Feb. *m
If you don't mind me asking, what did the customs and tax/duties fees add up to? I ended up buying it within the States because I wasn't sure how much it would add up to.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 09:05 AM   #38
imperfectluck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidocaine View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what did the customs and tax/duties fees add up to? I ended up buying it within the States because I wasn't sure how much it would add up to.
There were none. 🙂 MLPerformance made that clear on their site which I was grateful for as it made the entire process transparent.

Since theyíre (the turbos) made in the Netherlands I knew any US based company would be sending their orders to be fulfilled though that would leave you to front the taxes since itís a US based transaction.
Appreciate 1
sly1types414.50
      01-05-2024, 08:21 PM   #39
Jbonly21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 15 F80, 2011 X5 35i, E46 M

Any updates, still waiting on mine. 3 more weeks.
      01-06-2024, 01:20 AM   #40
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbonly21 View Post
Any updates, still waiting on mine. 3 more weeks.
Still waiting on mine also 😭😭😭
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 03:23 AM   #41
imperfectluck
First Lieutenant
Rep

THe communication line with ML is going to be rather quiet unless you ping them for an up to date status as I was a bit worried initially at the price point wondering if it were too good to be true.

Worth in the fifth week shooting over an email as they get their shipment from Mosselman in the Netherland in batches and given that they have a few orders for turbos, that may, get things going a bit sooner (hopefully).

Been cold and rainy in NYC and I've been on vacation so haven't had much time to get some logs going. Decided to splurge on switching to EcuTek with Ian from Bend Calibration. Understood the benefits of the additional fueling tables that with the Dorch lift kit, EU5's and upgrade LPFP it was just a why not do it right the first time kind of thing.

Will circle back with some logs starting at 93 and upwards with ethanol once the tune starts dialing in.
Appreciate 1
Jbonly21981.50
      01-06-2024, 11:29 AM   #42
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
THe communication line with ML is going to be rather quiet unless you ping them for an up to date status as I was a bit worried initially at the price point wondering if it were too good to be true.

Worth in the fifth week shooting over an email as they get their shipment from Mosselman in the Netherland in batches and given that they have a few orders for turbos, that may, get things going a bit sooner (hopefully).

Been cold and rainy in NYC and I've been on vacation so haven't had much time to get some logs going. Decided to splurge on switching to EcuTek with Ian from Bend Calibration. Understood the benefits of the additional fueling tables that with the Dorch lift kit, EU5's and upgrade LPFP it was just a why not do it right the first time kind of thing.

Will circle back with some logs starting at 93 and upwards with ethanol once the tune starts dialing in.
How are you liking ecutek? My mechanic and Ian advised I switch to ecutek from BM3. I told them no because I like BM3 how I can change the bubble settings, dataloging to the cloud from the phone and the e85 sensor on top of the fuel tank? Can you do that with ecutek? What do you use to get the e85 readings?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 07:56 PM   #43
imperfectluck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How are you liking ecutek? My mechanic and Ian advised I switch to ecutek from BM3. I told them no because I like BM3 how I can change the bubble settings, dataloging to the cloud from the phone and the e85 sensor on top of the fuel tank? Can you do that with ecutek? What do you use to get the e85 readings?
From a pure functional perspective (this coupled with the fact I'm comparing it against my previous MHD flex fuel tune), this one is more refined and could also see it from the initial base log that they sent over. Given I did opt for the linear throttle option which I'm sure factors into my experience as well. The data logging is straightforward,

I've used BM3 on my F30 for a few years so know the platform well and you can do the same with Ecu as well. My flex fuel sensor which was for MHD originally, Ian was able to have it work on EcuTek (they re map how the Canbus reads it) and I can view my E % on the fly by holding the cruise control button and going to the sports mode dial on iDrive. Can easily switch maps on the fly which MHD and BM3 could do although I don't recall if MHD could allow me to see it without having to plug in my phone and actually look at the param there.

One thing I'm trying to see if I can get back is the "BRAAP" on upshift. I lost all forms of burbles when I switched over to Ecu and the team did inform me that they're using the stock burble settings (I'm Active from the DPs all the way back to the cat back so on MHD the burbs were def pronounced). My one ask to Bend would be to see if I could get that back on upshift without lifiting throttle as the pops and bangs I never cared for however the upshift one with the AA setup sounds good to me.

For BM3 it really depends on if you want your tuner to take advantage of the additional fueling table that I understan BM3 lacks that Ecu has available. Given that I did the Dorch lift kit, EU5 injectors (my stock EU6's took a beating from the 50/50 E blend that I ran for a bit over a year, glad I swapped them as I felt the injector not spraying how they should be), and also a precision 3.5 LPFP. Since I was going with the MSL 65-80 I opted to just spend the sort out the fuel system as well as adding the bend fuel filter kit as I don't want to get caught in the dreaded injector stuck open (saw a recent thread on the forums about the same thing happening to a member running full E and the entire long block looks to be gone).

Ian also recommended to get the injectors cleaned yearly, tbh I was just going to just get another set from Dorch as they're $700 for the set (I paid around 2k for my current EU5's and I'm genuinely curious how Dorch sells six for such a price) and look at the injectors after a year and see if they're just deemed better to just swap them out (need to get a sense of the flow rate change over a year and see based on my usage when I will swap out).

A bit long but hope the details help paint the overall picture.
Appreciate 2