Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-25-2021, 02:50 PM   #1
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Anyone else waiting forever on vorsteiner?

I've been waiting the gts-v diffuser I bought from vivid for over 3 months now, and I still have no clue when I'll be able to get it. I've been trying to see what exactly is going on but i was told pandemic causing production to be slow. A month ago I was told production was done and would be shipped that week, then a month later nothing shipped, last week called in vivid again, told me would ship last week but obviously that didn't happen. I'm wondering if anyone know what's going on with vorsteiner and if anyone else is also waiting so long for their order?

I even tried to call vorsteiner for update but they asked me my vivid order # and would get back to me, that didn't happen either...

Last edited by ohohoh123456; 02-09-2021 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:04 PM   #2
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohoh123456 View Post
I've been waiting the gts-v diffuser I bought from vivid for over 3 months now, and I still have no clue when I'll be able to get it. I've been trying to see what exactly is going on but i was told pandemic causing production to be slow. A month ago I was told production was done and would be shipped that week, then a month later nothing shipped, last week called in vivid again, told me would ship last week but obviously that didn't happen. I'm wondering if anyone know what's going on with vorsteiner and if anyone else is also waiting so long for their order?

I even tried to call vorsteiner for update but they asked me my vivid order # and would get back to me, that didn't happen either...
Request a tracking number or the dealer is full of BS.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #3
FrznM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Time for a chargeback it sounds like
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #4
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
Request a tracking number or the dealer is full of BS.
I do feel like it's quite a bit of BS i've gotten, but I don't know if i should blame vivid for this, since they are probably just telling me what they hear from vorsteiner. I also bought side skirts from vorsteiner and they got here in a month, wasn't too quick but at least it got here. for this one i'm feeling like they are just stalling me...
      01-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #5
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamirani View Post
Time for a chargeback it sounds like
vivid told me they could just refund me so it's not like they are BSing the order. I'm just really frustrated with the wait time. The AA midpipe I bought had to be manufactured as well and it didn't take 3 months for me to get it. I'm just getting super impatient, like how can they be so slow even with the pandemic.
      01-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #6
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Pandemic is real dude. Supply chains are strained globally.

But I'd hazard a guess that maybe Peter Nam's Gunther venture which requires full CF body panels is competing for resources with Vorsteiner?

I've been waiting on my diffuser since Fall '20 and finally getting it installed this week. Their diffuser is by far their most in demand f8x part.
      01-25-2021, 11:07 PM   #7
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post

But I'd hazard a guess that maybe Peter Nam's Gunther venture which requires full CF body panels is competing for resources with Vorsteiner?

I've been waiting on my diffuser since Fall '20 and finally getting it installed this week. Their diffuser is by far their most in demand f8x part.
yeah that's why i didn't get pissed off cuz i can totally understand a delay. But the wait time is getting on my nerve a bit. so you waited like what, half a year for this thing? thanks for letting me know so I can have some sort of idea on mine.
      01-26-2021, 12:29 AM   #8
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:

+1 - Frustrating but true. Everything ordered has had a significant lead time and shipping delays once in the States.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 10:13 PM   #9
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2015 X5

Took me about two months to get mine... the delivery service they use was holding it for a week. They require you to schedule the delivery, call customer service to make sure they aren't holding.

Initially had the original and upgraded to the GTSV. Love it!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-26-2021, 11:02 PM   #10
ss-f82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82/M4

Quote:

I bought mine couple months ago. I waited 2-3 months. Im thinking about selling mine but god.. it look so good. I might just keep it..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #11
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcontrollerone View Post
Took me about two months to get mine... the delivery service they use was holding it for a week. They require you to schedule the delivery, call customer service to make sure they aren't holding.

Initially had the original and upgraded to the GTSV. Love it!!
looks awesome dude! can't wait for mine but god it takes forever!
      01-27-2021, 10:34 AM   #12
spdrcrgtr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Heritage

I've been waiting too...didn't order from Vivid, but even before I ordered I was told that they were out of stock on the diffuser and they had to make a new batch.

Guys, it's not like they make 10,000 units at a time. In the grand scheme of things, the demand for this type of product is small; these are small runs. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a dozen at a time and sell out pretty quickly.

IMO, if the product is good, then it's worth the wait. If you don't want to wait, find a different product or go eBay brand; its all a give and take.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:51 PM   #13
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcrgtr View Post
I've been waiting too...didn't order from Vivid, but even before I ordered I was told that they were out of stock on the diffuser and they had to make a new batch.

Guys, it's not like they make 10,000 units at a time. In the grand scheme of things, the demand for this type of product is small; these are small runs. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a dozen at a time and sell out pretty quickly.

IMO, if the product is good, then it's worth the wait. If you don't want to wait, find a different product or go eBay brand; its all a give and take.
Agree with you for sure. I bet it's going to be worth the wait. However it's a torture when they continue to feed you false information. I'd rather they just tell me "ok you need to wait for 6 months" than telling me it's shipped and it's shipped for half a year.
      01-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #14
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep

Got mine installed today. New from Vorsteiner. This is my third of the new gts v version each time bought new from an authorized dealer and fitment is the worst yet. Driver side rear edge has a gap. Tried to add more than the usual additional screws under their guidance. The carbon mold is just off kilter.

SMH

I'm counting on Vorsteiner to make it right. Not happy.
      01-27-2021, 07:56 PM   #15
omgf80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' ZCP F80

Quote:
Got mine installed today. New from Vorsteiner. This is my third of the new gts v version each time bought new from an authorized dealer and fitment is the worst yet. Driver side rear edge has a gap. Tried to add more than the usual additional screws under their guidance. The carbon mold is just off kilter.

SMH

Do the screw holes line up to the OEM mounting points? I got one back over the summer and only 4 of them even line up
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:27 PM   #16
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

SMH

wow that doesn't sound good man. making me crossing fingers now. how long did it take to get it replaced?
      01-27-2021, 09:29 PM   #17
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

SMH

wow that doesn't sound good man. making me crossing fingers now. how long did it take to get it replaced?
I just bought another new one.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up on potential fitment issues from a new order. Pretty disappointed to say the least. I love the design and the only one I'd buy else oem.

Abhor the inconsistency from a reputable brand.
      01-27-2021, 10:13 PM   #18
ss-f82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82/M4

Quote:

SMH

Did you get installed by professional? I saw some threads about the fitment issues, some did and some didn't. Mine fitted perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #19
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-428I View Post
Did you get installed by professional? I saw some threads about the fitment issues, some did and some didn't. Mine fitted perfectly.
I have the side skirts from vorsteiner, they arrived in like a month so was pretty quick, i took to a body shop to install and it turned out perfect, i don't know if there was a fitment issue the shop had to deal with but the turnout was great.
      02-09-2021, 05:14 PM   #20
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

update: 3 and half months later, still nothing shipped. I continued to check with vivid but everytime i'm getting the same meaningless copy+paste response. Tried to reach Austin, the rep who I ordered with but he's mostly unreachable. So I went on and checked with a couple other vendors, IND said they can get it to me within 3-5 days, but their price is a bit less competitive. I found this website called LMPerformance, doesn't seem to be a main stream vendor but they are selling for 1400 bucks and have 6 in stock. Told me they can get it out to me tomorrow. Also just sent an email to vivid cancelling my original order. Fingers crossed for everything to work out and no complication on the refund...

Last edited by ohohoh123456; 02-09-2021 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #21
bmwmdistrict
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
update: 3 and half months later, still nothing shipped. I continued to check with vivid but everytime i'm getting the same meaningless copy+paste response. Tried to reach Austin, the rep who I ordered with but he's mostly unreachable. So I went on and checked with a couple other vendors, IND said they can get it to me within 3-5 days, but their price is a bit less competitive. I found this website called LMPerformance, doesn't seem to be a main stream vendor but they are selling for 1400 bucks and have 6 in stock. Told me they can get it out to me tomorrow. Also just sent an email to vivid cancelling my original order. Fingers crossed for everything to work out and no complication on the refund...
I would go with IND. Who cares if it's slightly more, you've been waiting months and have nothing. I've ordered several things from IND, always excellent customer service.

Back to the pandemic causing delays... that's very real. Dinan has up to a 6 month wait for some axleback exhausts. I'm luckily only supposed to wait about 2 months. I'm also waiting about 2 months for a new Active Autowerke equal length midpipe.
Previous: 2016 F82 ///M4 Black Sapphire Metallic | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 09:40 PM   #22
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm.m4 View Post
I would go with IND. Who cares if it's slightly more, you've been waiting months and have nothing. I've ordered several things from IND, always excellent customer service.

Back to the pandemic causing delays... that's very real. Dinan has up to a 6 month wait for some axleback exhausts. I'm luckily only supposed to wait about 2 months. I'm also waiting about 2 months for a new Active Autowerke equal length midpipe.
yeah pandemic is probably real, but 15 weeks wait is really getting on my nerve, couple guys replied on this post got within 2-3 months. But the biggest issue i had was the generic answers "it's not shipped, once it's shipped we will notify you" and BS updates from vivid and/or vorsteiner. I never received anything solid from them and anything vivid ever told me was never fulfilled. Like at 8 weeks or so I checked in and they told me had no clue so I took it up to Austin and he told me production is done and will be shipped next week. A month and several update checks later, I got nothing and at the end of my 3rd month wait I checked again, and Austin told me "production is done" again and would be shipped within that week. Here I am two weeks after and I don't know if I can trust them anymore, even though maybe they were told by vorsteiner as well but I felt like I was surrounded by bullshit.

I also checked several sellers on ebay lately and was quoted 4-6 weeks from vorsteiner.

Back to IND tho, it's actually 250 bucks or so on the difference, if it was anything like 100 bucks i'd just go with IND cuz they are also local to me. i talked with them and they weren't able to lower their price.

I ordered AA EL in sept and got in late oct, it shouldn't be too bad for that piece.

Last edited by ohohoh123456; 02-09-2021 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0