ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #23
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
I'm putting a call into my dealer. They got quite a few cars (8 M4s, 4 M3s) coming this summer, but I just don't know the specs. I get the feeling that they are all DCT, but who knows. I know for sure that they aren't all sold. I don't know how you feel about shipping a car across the country though.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #24
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I'm putting a call into my dealer. They got quite a few cars (8 M4s, 4 M3s) coming this summer, but I just don't know the specs. I get the feeling that they are all DCT, but who knows. I know for sure that they aren't all sold. I don't know how you feel about shipping a car across the country though.
Like driving. Cheers Wah, you changing my view of us humans. It's freaky, but don't stop.

Btw, I took once again the brave option, and didn't tell about this to the husband dearest. No way he actually realizes what I ordered in the first place, so if a porsche shows up, it's not like he's going to know the difference. I'm thinking I should council others in the matters of marriage.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #25
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Leasing is not an option, since I only get to keep it here for 1 year, and 6 months max. A good option anyway, but not insane one. Hey, see, I'm almost on topic today. I should get a medal for this!
So buy it instead then.

Did you see the part I added to my post after you had already started your reply? Why not try to track down a suitable F80 on a dealer's lot?

Your post is indeed on topic for this forum - thank you for that.

By the way, was your plan to try to import the US spec car back to your home country? Or are you going to sell it and take a huge loss? It seems to me that a lease with the plan to put it on swap-a-lease when you're ready to leave would actually be one of the best alternatives...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #26
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So buy it instead then.

Did you see the part I added to my post after you had already started your reply? Why not try to track down an F80 on a dealer's lot?

Your post is indeed on topic for this forum - thank you for that.
Hihi, Yes, I'm working on it now. Somehow the door count matters very little now. The first real Go insane holiday in 8 years, and I fuck up the timing. The worst part is, that I really can't even blame others for this, I assumed too much from the Germans, and the fuck up is mine to live with.

Apparently I have been doing it wrong by not creating the topic. You just gave me a new way to piss you off before your coffee, but I promise I'll try once a day else where too, the lesson given was well delivered.

I'm going to take the car with me, that's why this is so tricky. I don't know if you have driven automatics in the snow, but that's just hell. I'm a control freak, speed comes second. The loss of money would be considerable by any means, so I'm not going to calculate everything this time around, I use math for every other thing already, this is just for fun and for the hell of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Hihi, Yes, I'm working on it now. Somehow the door count matters very little now.
Yes I see now that Wah was already on it. I think it'll work out.

And I did forget it was an M4 you had ordered not an M3. But yeah, at this point, I'd take whatever comes closest to your specs. I have a feeling there will be more 6MT AY M4s to choose from than M3s anyway
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #28
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yes I see now that Wah was already on it. I think it'll work out.

And I did forget it was an M4 you had ordered not an M3. But yeah, at this point, I'd take whatever comes closest to your specs. I have a feeling there will be more 6MT AY M4s to choose from than M3s anyway
I think so too, but the color is once again irrelevant thing. I'll just buy paper bags if that bothers me, that will also take care of the scary sight in the mirror.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #29
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Lups, so your 1aug ED pickup date got bumped? And like me you've already paid for airfare right?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #30
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbination View Post
Lups, so your 1aug ED pickup date got bumped? And like me you've already paid for airfare right?
Oh shit I feel for you, mine was coming here before August.

now, to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Ah ok cool so you just have to wait a bit longer... That's not so bad I guess, well no it's shitty but at least it's coming.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #32
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbination View Post
Ah ok cool so you just have to wait a bit longer... That's not so bad I guess, well no it's shitty but at least it's coming.
That's the fuck up, I don't have time to wait. I have to come up with a new car.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #33
jbraslins
Latvian Gangstah
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Melbourne Red 6MT

What about renting something and keeping your M3 order? There gotta be place in Seattle that rent out high performance luxury cars.
[SOLD] 2002 TiAg E46 M3 manual
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #34
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
What about renting something and keeping your M3 order? There gotta be place in Seattle that rent out high performance luxury cars.
I drive like a teenager from hell. I really don't think anyone else than I myself should take the responsibility of the accidents ahead. And I'm such a girl, that memories stay with a car always, and I just end up with an other regret of not owning. I'm still in tears when I see this really old saab anywhere, since it is attached to a lot of memories. Again, girly shit. I'm worse than Wah and the tick.

Hell, at least I can laugh at myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #35
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
I drive like a teenager from hell. I really don't think anyone else than I myself should take the responsibility of the accidents ahead. And I'm such a girl, that memories stay with a car always, and I just end up with an other regret of not owning. I'm still in tears when I see this really old saab anywhere, since it is attached to a lot of memories. Again, girly shit. I'm worse than Wah and the tick.

Hell, at least I can laugh at myself.
And at me apparently... lol
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #36
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
I'm going to take the car with me, that's why this is so tricky. I don't know if you have driven automatics in the snow, but that's just hell. I'm a control freak, speed comes second. The loss of money would be considerable by any means, so I'm not going to calculate everything this time around, I use math for every other thing already, this is just for fun and for the hell of it.
Seems like an Audi S4 would be the perfect fit. The S4/S5 are superb cars. Very powerful supercharged engine (no turbo lag), one of the best manual transmissions in the business, wonderful interior, good in bad weather thanks to AWD, no issues at this point in the model lifecycle - not a new model/drivetrain.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #37
jbraslins
Latvian Gangstah
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Melbourne Red 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Seems like an Audi S4 would be the perfect fit. The S4/S5 are superb cars. Very powerful supercharged engine (no turbo lag), one of the best manual transmissions in the business, wonderful interior, good in bad weather thanks to AWD, no issues at this point in the model lifecycle - not a new model/drivetrain.
As long as you're willing to trade oversteer for understeer, sure
[SOLD] 2002 TiAg E46 M3 manual
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #38
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...71&postcount=2

I stand by my words.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #39
visualguy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The S4/S5 rotate nicely in turns with the torque vectoring diff - it's a lot of fun actually. You just need to drive it right... Anyway, there is for sure a handling difference in turns, but I don't see why it would make a difference unless you are on a race track or drifting - not the kind of driving you would be doing on public roads.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #40
visualguy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Your loss... The S4/S5 are fun cars, and a good fit for the needs you described.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #41
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Your loss... The S4/S5 are fun cars, and a good fit for the needs you described.
Haha, I know, I'm hopeless.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #42
Lups
Rep

... And apparently done. There is a small change still of miracles, but as of now, I'm starting to look for seriously old porsches. I hate the new ones more than the old. Fucking great.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #43
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Lotus Evora.

Lotus Evora.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #44
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Lotus Evora.
Yeah, I'm going to see them too in the evening. the car has to be fun, so that would mark that box. My mechanical skills could use the training Lotus offers too.

It just hit me, that in the worst case scenario, I have driven that Audi for no reason for months. Great, lovely even.

Last edited by Lups; 05-29-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0