European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
mray
Private
United_States
106
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP, 2014 E63 AMGs
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have any experience with Emmanuel Design Springs?

http://www.emmanueledesign.com/colle...for-bmw-f80-m3

They look well priced and seems to focus on Stock ride comfort..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
rph_gunner
Young Buck
United_States
87
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: '17 SMB M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon

iTrader: (0)

+1
__________________
2017 F80 M3 ZCP - San Marino Blue

November 2016 European Delivery Thread:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1357859
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
1FastS4
Banned
111
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2015 Audi S3 & 2016 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vegas and Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Yes, I've been running them on my M4 for a few months now. Overall, very happy with the ride quality. Noise free, rides basically like stock but feels a bit better in the rear than the stock setup. I had PSS10's that I removed due to a leaking shock, and will probably end up selling them once repaired (hard to justify the cost when the springs have done what I wanted).

Here's a pic they took of my car when the springs were put on.

Appreciate 1
mray105.50

      01-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #4
SSR Performance
SSR Performance's Avatar
United_States
461
Rep
888
Posts

Drives: S55 -F80 / N54 -135i / N55-535
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Every customer that has purchased these springs through us has had nothing but great things to say about them! PM with our special offer sent!

Appreciate 2
mray105.50
hdubf80122.50

      01-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
x.shell's Avatar
5124
Rep
4,671
Posts

Drives: ▋ ▉▉
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location:  ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
http://www.emmanueledesign.com/colle...for-bmw-f80-m3

They look well priced and seems to focus on Stock ride comfort..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR Performance View Post
Every customer that has purchased these springs through us has had nothing but great things to say about them! PM with our special offer sent!

Thank you for the info guys. I added these to the Springs / Coilovers MASTER LIST.

F80 M3 springs
http://www.emmanueledesign.com/colle...for-bmw-f80-m3

F82 M4 springs
http://www.emmanueledesign.com/colle...for-bmw-f82-m4
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #6
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
922
Rep
1,256
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastS4 View Post
Yes, I've been running them on my M4 for a few months now. Overall, very happy with the ride quality. Noise free, rides basically like stock but feels a bit better in the rear than the stock setup. I had PSS10's that I removed due to a leaking shock, and will probably end up selling them once repaired (hard to justify the cost when the springs have done what I wanted).

Here's a pic they took of my car when the springs were put on.

Which shock leaked? Did it leak from a hard impact damage or just out of nowhere?
Appreciate 1
mhanism269.50

      01-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #7
1FastS4
Banned
111
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2015 Audi S3 & 2016 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vegas and Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Which shock leaked? Did it leak from a hard impact damage or just out of nowhere?
Just randomly, but it might have been from the nut. I still wanted to send them out to get checked though.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
922
Rep
1,256
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastS4 View Post
Just randomly, but it might have been from the nut. I still wanted to send them out to get checked though.
Could you elaborate more? What do you mean might have been from the nut?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #9
1FastS4
Banned
111
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2015 Audi S3 & 2016 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vegas and Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Could you elaborate more? What do you mean might have been from the nut?
There is a nut/screw on the shock where fluid was coming from. With less fluid than intended, the shock will not function properly so I figured it best to get it sent in.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
Kerrick_supremepower
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

I've been running the Emmanuele design springs for about a month on my M3 and I'm really happy with them. They literally rides like stock. The stance is perfect for me as well. And it isn't making ANY noise!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #11
8_is_enough
Captain
8_is_enough's Avatar
157
Rep
953
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 6MT/'19 530e/'04 S2000
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (9)

Man, I really wish these came out sooner. Ended up going with Eibachs which I regret now (great ride but the drop is barely noticeable).
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #12
bzoo
Private
10
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: 17 M3 Comp Pack
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: boston

iTrader: (0)

I will be getting a set and will review. I'm hoping it's as close to stock ride as they say it is?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #13
mray
Private
United_States
106
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP, 2014 E63 AMGs
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (0)

I just had mine installed on Monday, will have the alignment done this coming Monday.
So far I love the way the car looks and the ride is pretty much the same as stock.
The handling also seems a little tighter.
The only thing which is obvious is that you have to be careful parking the car because the lip will definitely hit the curb now. Also you have to be careful going up and down steep slopes and road bumps etc.
I love it so far though. Even though I haven't had it aligned it rides dead straight..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #14
hdubf80
Captain
hdubf80's Avatar
United_States
123
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (0)

Ive had these springs for about a month now and all i can say is i should have gotten these sooner. Not only does it get rid of the hideous wheel gap but it also makes the car ride better. Yes Better. More responsive and less floaty. On top of that there is no noise at all and it rides pretty much identical to the stock springs. Friends of mine that have had swift springs or HR have sat in my car and were blown away by the ride comfort and most couldn't even tell i had changed anything. The guys at emmanuele design go it right with these emmotion springs. Perfect stance and you dont' have to sacrifice the drivability of a bmw to attain the look and ride height you desire. Probably one of my favorite mods and one that any M3/M4 owner should do if they're looking at suspension upgrades.

BTW my car is the one featured in SSR's post in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
jfritz27
Second Lieutenant
70
Rep
202
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Any sense from those who have been running these if there's any significant settling over time? From what I've read Swifts do not...

Thx
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 11:27 AM   #16
BimmerFix
Lieutenant
BimmerFix's Avatar
Armenia
250
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: his neighbors crazy
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
Any sense from those who have been running these if there's any significant settling over time? From what I've read Swifts do not...

Thx
You hear different things from different people. I had Swifts before switching them out for M performance coilovers. And to me it seemed like they settled a bit, or maybe it's just a placebo effect. But why rush it, better to wait a week or two, than do an alignment
__________________
///M4 ZCP

Fear knocked at the door..... Faith answered..... There was no one there
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:27 PM   #17
M3lowyellow
Member
M3lowyellow's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW ZCP F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

I definitely recommend Emmanuel springs. I have had them for a few months and i could not be happier. They feel very similar to stock and i have had no issues with noise or reliability. The best part is the drop. They stance on the car is nearly perfect! I never rub at all either.

One of my friends who had swift springs on his car rode in mine and said the ride felt much better.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #18
f80_ymb
Private First Class
24
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lowyellow View Post
I definitely recommend Emmanuel springs. I have had them for a few months and i could not be happier. They feel very similar to stock and i have had no issues with noise or reliability. The best part is the drop. They stance on the car is nearly perfect! I never rub at all either.

One of my friends who had swift springs on his car rode in mine and said the ride felt much better.
do you have spacers on with the springs? just ordered mine and wanna know if i need to downsize current spacers
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 02:52 AM   #19
M3lowyellow
Member
M3lowyellow's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW ZCP F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_ymb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lowyellow View Post
I definitely recommend Emmanuel springs. I have had them for a few months and i could not be happier. They feel very similar to stock and i have had no issues with noise or reliability. The best part is the drop. They stance on the car is nearly perfect! I never rub at all either.

One of my friends who had swift springs on his car rode in mine and said the ride felt much better.
do you have spacers on with the springs? just ordered mine and wanna know if i need to downsize current spacers
On my ZCP wheels i was running 12mm all around and had no rubbing issues when i was lowered. I took the spacers off since i changed to wider wheels.
Appreciate 2
      02-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #20
Wtfitzvi
Private First Class
Wtfitzvi's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: F15, F80, R35
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ny

iTrader: (0)

Any other members running these springs? I want to see more pics of them on an F80
__________________
18 F80
18 F15 M Sport
18 RR Velar
15 GTR
Appreciate 1
espho111.00

      02-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #21
espho
Lieutenant
espho's Avatar
United_States
111
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: 17 f80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

I have these springs without the little bump stops installed(raises the car a pinch) and my rear wheels are tucked. The ride is just as stock it's just lower. Maybe ever so slightly stiffer. I also am running spacers but that really doesn't effect ride quality imho.
I only have 5k miles on my car but I installed at 2.5k. I see ever so minimal settling on the springs. I highly recommend them ! I have some additional photos on my Instagram @dads_m3

I will say the one thing is if you are going over a swell in the road, or a dip at a higher speed, (60mph+) there is more bounce. For the price, cannot be beat.

-Bob
Attached Images
        
__________________
-espho
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2019, 12:20 AM   #22
Wtfitzvi
Private First Class
Wtfitzvi's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: F15, F80, R35
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by espho View Post
I have these springs without the little bump stops installed(raises the car a pinch) and my rear wheels are tucked. The ride is just as stock it's just lower. Maybe ever so slightly stiffer. I also am running spacers but that really doesn't effect ride quality imho.
I only have 5k miles on my car but I installed at 2.5k. I see ever so minimal settling on the springs. I highly recommend them ! I have some additional photos on my Instagram @dads_m3

I will say the one thing is if you are going over a swell in the road, or a dip at a higher speed, (60mph+) there is more bounce. For the price, cannot be beat.

-Bob
That's looks great!

Is there any wheel gap left in the front?
__________________
18 F80
18 F15 M Sport
18 RR Velar
15 GTR
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST