Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #67
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
It's the same as M3 owners trying to race Lambos and Ferraris when they are minding their own business.
arashir164.00
BlackF82207.00
c12h231.00
Freak1c145.00
MDuckie93.00
scoale682.00
DDD311649.00
      10-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #68
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
What do you mean?
haha well looks like there are many valid interpretations

It's mostly speculation since of course you don't get to interview drivers who act like a total dick to you unprovoked, but I never had this issue when I didn't drive a car this nice, and being hyper aware that I drive a nice car I do my best to avoid doing anything that would be interpreted as aggression.

Since I don't have any evidence for a better explanation my guess is that the car is a very obvious display of wealth and excess, and generally speaking people who are struggling day to day don't like to see the comparison right in front of their face.

And if you're wondering if I must have done something I'm unaware of, i'm talking about things like the time I was stopped at a red light and a car making a protected left turn flips me the bird. I mean if it helps them feel better to flip birds or race to block me from merging I'm happy for them to think I'm that asshole to them all day long.
Appreciate 2
2011ninja3396.00
      10-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #69
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
haha well looks like there are many valid interpretations

It's mostly speculation since of course you don't get to interview drivers who act like a total dick to you unprovoked, but I never had this issue when I didn't drive a car this nice, and being hyper aware that I drive a nice car I do my best to avoid doing anything that would be interpreted as aggression.

Since I don't have any evidence for a better explanation my guess is that the car is a very obvious display of wealth and excess, and generally speaking people who are struggling day to day don't like to see the comparison right in front of their face.

And if you're wondering if I must have done something I'm unaware of, i'm talking about things like the time I was stopped at a red light and a car making a protected left turn flips me the bird. I mean if it helps them feel better to flip birds or race to block me from merging I'm happy for them to think I'm that asshole to them all day long.
Understood! Hope that guy has a better day
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #70
triple_m
Former lurker
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 Ultimate 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
don't even take the bait, just smile and give a thumbs up
Exactly! Did this very thing a few weeks ago, when a kid in an E92 335i stopped (on the opposing side of the street!) to rev his engine at me 😅
Appreciate 1
Mike.2042.00
      10-13-2020, 08:07 PM   #71
uncle ben
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I remember when I had a 2002 civic si, and it was late at night and me and a yellow e46 m3 ended up at the same red light. I went for it, got a car length jump, and then was quickly destroyed as he walked away from me like I was standing still. Sure it was a waste of his time, but I appreciated that he went for it. I got to see in person the difference between a 130hp Honda and a 330hp bmw. Made we want an m3, and now I have one
Appreciate 5
kmouze194.00
AlterZgo1537.50
Pseudolus134.50
      10-13-2020, 08:33 PM   #72
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
I remember when I had a 2002 civic si, and it was late at night and me and a yellow e46 m3 ended up at the same red light. I went for it, got a car length jump, and then was quickly destroyed as he walked away from me like I was standing still. Sure it was a waste of his time, but I appreciated that he went for it. I got to see in person the difference between a 130hp Honda and a 330hp bmw. Made we want an m3, and now I have one
This is what I love about it, and why I don't mind it much

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 10:57 PM   #73
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

I usually take them to gapplestan.

I don't care who you are, if you remotely try to race me i am flooring it and putting a gap on your dumb ass.

I will almost always engage, i don't want anyone feeling high and mighty. I like to make people sad especially ricers.
Appreciate 7
      10-13-2020, 11:30 PM   #74
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post

I don't care who you are, if you remotely try to race me i am flooring it and putting a gap on your dumb ass.

I will almost always engage, i don't want anyone feeling high and mighty. I like to make people sad especially ricers.
That's bold, especially in Canada with their insane racing laws. Bout to get impounded real quick.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      10-14-2020, 12:01 AM   #75
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:

That's bold, especially in Canada with their insane racing laws. Bout to get impounded real quick.
It actually isn't that bad, just don't speed with police around.

Also canadian highways are pretty narrow and you could see a cop ahead from so far away.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      10-14-2020, 12:39 AM   #76
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stockf80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEKM4TE_ View Post
What's with these 3 & 4 series trying to drive up and race me. When I semi-engage and slow down (realizing not worth it) they think they won. Is it some sort of inferiority complex?

I’m not saying to race them but there are a lot of 3series and 4 series making a lot of power out here. This kid in my area has a 800 hp 340 and his whole team walks worked m3 and m4’s. They made it their goal to take out m cars
1stockgang in NY lol
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 05:06 AM   #77
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #78
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?
Use the Google. Police have wide discretion on saying you are racing if you go above a certain speed and can impound your car, slap you with a huge fine, and suspend your license even on the first offense.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #79
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?
Use the Google. Police have wide discretion on saying you are racing if you go above a certain speed and can impound your car, slap you with a huge fine, and suspend your license even on the first offense.
Of course I could have used google but I figured you had some additional insight etc etc....

Doesn't sound much different then what could happen in the states obviously depending on the state. POs have pretty wide "latitude" with traffic infractions in the US.

"I could give you a reckless driving ticket but I'll just give you 10mph above the limit" etc etc etc........Some states will/can take your license and impound your car depending on circumstances.

No need to be snarky
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      10-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #80
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?
Good luck having an officer catch you railing up to 120 mph and back down to 60.

I can do all that in under 10 seconds.

Unless you are an absolute idiot who is literally accelerating with a cop behind him or are not looking to see an officer posted by the side of the road ahead you are not getting caught.

If you are over 100 mph for extended periods of time cruising sure then ya you have a moderate chance of being caught, especially if you happen to pass a cop ahead while you aren't paying attention.

I think doing pulls is fairly harm free, don't weave in and out of traffic, don't attract attention. Speed is hard to gauge and by the time a police might have taken notice you are already back to legal speeds.

You don't understand the amount of times friends of mine have gotten tickets for doing like 130 kmh in a 100 on the highway just cruising. These are such fairly common tickets because you are doing it for extended periods of time and eventually you will run by a cop as you aren't paying attention.

I am with the policy if you are going to get up to high speeding ticket territory you must make it worth your while. I am either on the highway doing 20 over just enough to cruise comfortably but not attract attention or im hauling ass.

I don't want to get a red strike for some stupidity like that, i would be so pissed.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #81
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?
Of course I could have used google but I figured you had some additional insight etc etc....

Doesn't sound much different then what could happen in the states obviously depending on the state. POs have pretty wide "latitude" with traffic infractions in the US.

"I could give you a reckless driving ticket but I'll just give you 10mph above the limit" etc etc etc........Some states will/can take your license and impound your car depending on circumstances.

No need to be snarky
Sorry wasn't trying to be snarky, my bad lol. I forget that things like this sometimes aren't common knowledge. I feel like every Canadian youtuber, car reviewer, car enthusiasts speaks about these laws being ridiculous and enforced much more stringently than in the US all the time, so assume everyone knows what I was talking about.

Point being while the states have similar laws, they aren't as strictly enforced as in Canada. There is a great vice news YouTube clip on Canadian street racing and they talk about these laws and the penalties in there. Worth a look when you have a free moment
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #82
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?
Good luck having an officer catch you railing up to 120 mph and back down to 60.

I can do all that in under 10 seconds.

Unless you are an absolute idiot who is literally accelerating with a cop behind him or are not looking to see an officer posted by the side of the road ahead you are not getting caught.

If you are over 100 mph for extended periods of time cruising sure then ya you have a moderate chance of being caught, especially if you happen to pass a cop ahead while you aren't paying attention.

I think doing pulls is fairly harm free, don't weave in and out of traffic, don't attract attention. Speed is hard to gauge and by the time a police might have taken notice you are already back to legal speeds.

You don't understand the amount of times friends of mine have gotten tickets for doing like 130 kmh in a 100 on the highway just cruising. These are such fairly common tickets because you are doing it for extended periods of time and eventually you will run by a cop as you aren't paying attention.

I am with the policy if you are going to get up to high speeding ticket territory you must make it worth your while. I am either on the highway doing 20 over just enough to cruise comfortably but not attract attention or im hauling ass.

I don't want to get a red strike for some stupidity like that, i would be so pissed.
Yeah, listen. I'm not attacking you or making you justify why you speed in Canada. You're a grown ass man and you do you. I was just commenting that it is bold given local laws. If you are good with the risk and super confident in your ability to avoid tickets, then that's.... nice, I guess? No skin off my back, as it's not my risk to take.

Then again, I also don't race any grandma in a civic who attempts to try to pass me at speed limit while they are on cruise control texting, so there's that. Different strokes for different folks I guess, literally.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #83
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Insane racing laws?

No need to be snarky
Sorry wasn't trying to be snarky, my bad lol. I forget that things like this sometimes aren't common knowledge. I feel like every Canadian youtuber, car reviewer, car enthusiasts speaks about these laws being ridiculous and enforced much more stringently than in the US all the time, so assume everyone knows what I was talking about.

Point being while the states have similar laws, they aren't as strictly enforced as in Canada. There is a great vice news YouTube clip on Canadian street racing and they talk about these laws and the penalties in there. Worth a look when you have a free moment
No worries. Sometimes things on the interwebs come across in a weird way. I don't know you to be snarky. Thought you were having a bad day. Lol

I had no idea the Canucks were so stringent on their traffic enforcement laws. Come to think of it I've never driven in Canada. Only been as a teenager before driving age.

I do watch throttle house sometimes on YouTube but don't remember them mentioning this "issue".

This convo really has me missing ED and driving in Germany to be honest. I know your a fan also. It sucks BMW cancelled it on us.

:
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      10-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #84
six75LT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by six75LT View Post
8 months into ownership and yet to have anyone try and race
never mind guys, it finally happened. popped my street racing cherry last night
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #85
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Wow 4 pages of people feeling better about their manhood by taking it to those inferior "non-M" cars.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 09:29 AM   #86
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Wow 4 pages of people feeling better about their manhood by taking it to those inferior "non-M" cars.
I think street racing in general is a stupid idea...but you could probably look on any car enthusiast forum from Honda to Lamborghini and you will find men bragging about beating up on inferior cars. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere on the Ferrari forum about pitiful M cars attempting to go with them.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      10-17-2020, 06:03 AM   #87
thisisMikeNa
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:

that's the spirit
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #88
masab321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp xDrive ; 2021

Garage List
Just to keep this post growing... lol I had a subaru WRX trying to mess with me tonight. The moment he saw my car he wanted to race with me....
Appreciate 0