Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-17-2020, 11:14 PM   #1
Jjoynt
Private
Rep
Drives: AY F82 CCBs MPE

Was this an M Driving School Car?

Been holding out for 6+ months waiting for an AY M4 with Silverstone interior and CCBs. Finally a car popped up but it has a very odd history.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8593/overview/

What is the most concerning if you look at the Carfax is it being registered in Woodcliff Lake, NJ where BMWNA is. Based on other threads, this is a telltale sign of a lower mileage car with CCBs being in the M Driving School.

Interested in any other opinions, what is odd to me though (looking at the free Carfax) is that it looks like it was used only 1,300mi and then sold to a 2nd owner through BMW CPO back in NJ... It's also a 2016 but was registered for the 1st time in Sept of 2017. Full Silverstone leather interior also seems a bit weird for a Driving School car to me.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:00 AM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Definitely a PC car, or at least I would put very good money it is with CCBs and registered to BMWNA corporate.

Edit: after looking at the mileage, likely a corporate exec car.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:43 AM   #3
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

I'm not so sure, it certainly has all the markings to be a PC driving school car but it looks like it was sold right at 1300 miles, which is right after the first service is due. Not sure if BMW would rag on a car before it's 1200 mile "break-in" service. Also, BMW usually keeps PC cars for about 4-5k miles before unloading them.

Lastly, the dealer picked it up and sold it as a CPO car. From what I hear BMW would never sell a previous PC car as a CPO.

Maybe it was destined to be a PC car but something happened and it never ended up being used as one.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:37 AM   #4
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dealer demo or exect car. Mileage too low for a PCD car
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #5
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

It's a bit concerning to see the Acura dealer might have sold the car and then took title back. And then ultimately chose to auction the car off rather than sell it. The new dealer also only has 7 photos of the car which is odd. I'd be concerned about whether there is unusual wear or other issues with the car that made it tough to sell.
Appreciate 1
Jjoynt15.00
      11-18-2020, 08:54 AM   #6
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
I'm not so sure, it certainly has all the markings to be a PC driving school car but it looks like it was sold right at 1300 miles, which is right after the first service is due. Not sure if BMW would rag on a car before it's 1200 mile "break-in" service. Also, BMW usually keeps PC cars for about 4-5k miles before unloading them.

Lastly, the dealer picked it up and sold it as a CPO car. From what I hear BMW would never sell a previous PC car as a CPO.

Maybe it was destined to be a PC car but something happened and it never ended up being used as one.
I agree with this. BMW mileage is too low for PDC car. I also can’t remember seeing one with the light interior. I think it was a true demo. The history is still a little sketchy though.
Appreciate 1
Jjoynt15.00
      11-18-2020, 08:57 AM   #7
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

You could call Paul Miller BMW and get some info I bet.
Appreciate 1
Jjoynt15.00
      11-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #8
jeepin29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1999 4Runner, 2022 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
In my search for a car, I can confirm BMW would not Certify a Performance Driving Center vehicle.

Also, most PDC cars were sold around the 7k miles mark and would have zero maintenance history that showed up on a Carfax up to that point.
Appreciate 1
Jjoynt15.00
      11-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #9
Jjoynt
Private
Rep
Drives: AY F82 CCBs MPE

Thanks for the replies. Any more opinions would be helpful too.

It does seem as if it might not be a PDC car, but I am still a bit concerned about its odd history. I will definitely get a PPI done and try to contact the dealer that previously CPO'd it to confirm. It should be arriving at an exotic/high-end dealer soon where they will send over some proper pics and a walk-around video.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 12:03 AM   #10
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

I have an e90 m3 that was registered in Woodcliff NJ. Sold at auction later at 7700 miles. Story I got was executive car for BMW exec. It was one of the earliest comp pack sedans made. I found a magazine review for comp pack m3 with a pic of a car that was sedan interlagos blue with silver interior like mine. So exec demo car, press car, or performance center car? I dunno. I wish there was some way to know. Second owner, third, and myself all members on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 04:36 AM   #11
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I have an e90 m3 that was registered in Woodcliff NJ. Sold at auction later at 7700 miles. Story I got was executive car for BMW exec. It was one of the earliest comp pack sedans made. I found a magazine review for comp pack m3 with a pic of a car that was sedan interlagos blue with silver interior like mine. So exec demo car, press car, or performance center car? I dunno. I wish there was some way to know. Second owner, third, and myself all members on the forum.
exec demo car, press car, etc would not be a PDC car. The PDC's are tagged differently in the system. Exec usually means it was an upper management, dealer owner, loaned out to someone of importance. Demo usually means it was a dealer demo or one of their loaners.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #12
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
exec demo car, press car, etc would not be a PDC car. The PDC's are tagged differently in the system. Exec usually means it was an upper management, dealer owner, loaned out to someone of importance. Demo usually means it was a dealer demo or one of their loaners.
Yeah but how would one find out what which of those the car is? Would I need someone at BMW to tell me? The vin decoder has s902 general special inspection on it. Car fax doesn't list any service until BMW sold it to a second owner.
Appreciate 0