proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #1
KUF80
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 Comp

My Car Play Experience

I just traded my 2018 440i for a 2017 M3. The car didn't have Apple Carplay on the build sheet, but the saleman said the previous owner must have purchased it because the car had Car Play installed.

When I took delviery today, sure enough, it was installed and I sucessuflly used it on my four hour drive home. When I got home I added the M3 to my Connected Drive account online. When I went back out to the car later that afternoon, Car Play was gone.

I called my salesman and he had no clue what happened. He saw it was not on the car remotely, somehow. He suggested I press the SOS button and speak to BMW assist and tell them what had happened. I did and proceeded to have a 40 minute "conversation" with the Assist rep and her manager. I was basically told I was a liar because they said the car never had car play and my only option was to purchase it for $300. The manager offered a month free. I declined.

I called back the salesman and he did further reserarch. He called me back and said in 2-3 weeks, EVERYONE will get free Car Play free "for life". In the meantime I should press SOS again and ask for a complimentary month of Car Play. So I did that, spoke to a different BMW assist rep and was told there was no such thing as a complementary month.

I called the salesman AGAIN and he said he would take care of it and would call me back. He called back and said I should have an email receipt for three months of Carplay which should get me fixed until the "lifetime free" kicks in.

I fiddled with this for 3 hours today after spending $50K plus for a BMW. Meanwhile my wife's Escalade came with it for free and works great. Thanks BMW.

Unbelievable how incompent the customer service is with BMW assist. They could barely speak coherently, complained about their computer system being slow, and contradicted themselves multiple times, AND called me a liar.

Car is great though.
Appreciate 0