BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

11-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
activediff
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Winter tires...damaged or usable?

I have set of Continental T830P 19” winter tires that I bought from the dealer and used on my 2017 F80. The dealer swapped tires on/off the 437 wheels and stored them off season. They have 2 seasons and 4K miles on them. When I turned in that lease in March, the dealer removed and bagged up the winter tires.

Since then, I took over a 2018 F80 lease and picked up a set of 437 rims from a forum member. I wanted to make a dedicated winter set. I went to mount and balance the winters on those rims last week, but Discount Tire refused. When they opened up each bag (which I never did), they discovered damage along the bead/lip edge. See below. They told me the tires can’t be mounted for safety reasons.

I followed up with my BMW dealer and they say it’s pretty normal with winter on/offs. They need to check them in person, but suggested the tires could need to be sealed. I am not sure. I am going there in the next couple days, but want to see if there have been similar experiences within the community.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0