ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
Rednation_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Hey guys, I'm thinking of selling my GTHAUS exhaust and running downpipes with the oem muffler. Has anyone had this setup, how does it sound? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Sounds great on wot, absolutely no drone with valves open. The turbo spool sounds is a bit more loud which is very nice. It's a bit more raspy but i like raspy sound, it makes me remember my e46 m3 with headers.

With oem exhaust and downpipe, i had bpm sport stage 1 with less burble options and the burble were perfect, not too loud, then i had my vrsf downpipe installed and the car sound great, but the burble becomes too loud for my taste and they become annoying for me so i just ask bpm sport to remove the burble option from my tune and it's perfect for me.

The oem exhaust is very well designed and flow nicely, adding the catless downpipe give a great upgrade in sound and performance and you won't have any gas smell since you'll still have your secondary cats.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
Rednation_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicatango View Post
Sounds great on wot, absolutely no drone with valves open. The turbo spool sounds is a bit more loud which is very nice. It's a bit more raspy but i like raspy sound, it makes me remember my e46 m3 with headers.

With oem exhaust and downpipe, i had bpm sport stage 1 with less burble options and the burble were perfect, not too loud, then i had my vrsf downpipe installed and the car sound great, but the burble becomes too loud for my taste and they become annoying for me so i just ask bpm sport to remove the burble option from my tune and it's perfect for me.

The oem exhaust is very well designed and flow nicely, adding the catless downpipe give a great upgrade in sound and performance and you won't have any gas smell since you'll still have your secondary cats.
Couldn't have asked for a better reply, thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednation_ View Post
Make sure to post your feedback once you make the switch

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
Rednation_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednation_ View Post
Make sure to post your feedback once you make the switch
I sure will. I live in Cali and we got a new law that makes exhaust tickets 1000+ so I'm trying to stay as close to stock as possible but at the same time have a nice sound when I want. I've heard that downpipes and stock everything else, maybe intakes, sounds very clean and when the valves are shut it sounds as stock as possible.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #6
lilmanvc15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Has anyone done the same thing with the M-performance exhaust? I wanted anyones feedback before doing the modification..
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
BayAreaF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Individual Fire Orange M3

I have some sound clips of mine with a AA midpipe and stock muffler on my Instagram (@Zwalkerrr). It should be slightly deeper than the stock exhaust system.
      01-17-2019, 12:44 PM   #8
Rednation_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaF80 View Post
I have some sound clips of mine with a AA midpipe and stock muffler on my Instagram (@Zwalkerrr). It should be slightly deeper than the stock exhaust system.
No downpipes? Just a midpipe with oem muffler?

When the valves are closed (not in sport mode) does is sound stockish?
Appreciate 0