Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-03-2022, 03:58 AM   #1
polarbearz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Brake pads, fluids, and camber plate advice

Hi,

I just bought my f82 last month. It’s my daily but I do plan to track it about 5 times a year.

1. I am hesitating between SRF or 600/660 brake fluids. If I only do track days 5 times a year, can SRF last for maybe 2 or 3 years because it has really high wet boiling temperatures? Or if I have to change brake fluids annually, I might stick to 600 for cheaper price?

2. Which track pads do you guys recommend? I think pfc08 and ds1.11 are some popular options. Or can EBC bluestuff or ds2500 be used on track since I only track 5 times a year so I don’t need to change between 2 sets.

3. To eliminate uneven wear, are camber plates recommended? What brand do you recommend? Since it’s my daily, should I just set it to maybe -2 to -2.5 in the front? And maybe -1.7 in the rear? Prefer lower priced ones since they basically functions the same.

Thanks so much for helping me!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

welcome to the track forum

1: Use SRF. It has to be changed yearly, but that still beats flushing after every track day which is what you should do with 600/660.

2: You can try a hybrid pad like the DS2500, but you'll wind up with a real track pad. I elect to leave my PFC11s on the car during the whole track season

3: Ground Control street, Vorschlag, Millway are all good options. You can go back and forth between track and street settings at the track with the use of a jack, this way you don't have to compromise
Appreciate 1
NYG10689.00
      07-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #3
uncle ben
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

1: Use SRF. It has to be changed yearly, but that still beats flushing after every track day which is what you should do with 600/660.

2: You can try a hybrid pad like the DS2500, but you'll wind up with a real track pad. I elect to leave my PFC11s on the car during the whole track season

3: Ground Control street, Vorschlag, Millway are all good options. You can go back and forth between track and street settings at the track with the use of a jack, this way you don't have to compromise
What he said. Only exception is I recommend sticking to millway or vorshlag.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 02:53 PM   #4
Jeff80
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Welcome:

1. Fluid: I've used everything available and currently my choice is Endless RF650. SRF is great stuff too, I've just been stuck on endless. Skip the Motul. It's fine but doesn't deal with heat as well as Endless or SRF.

2. Pads: I like the Ferodo DSUNO for slicks but not for a street tire or even a 100TW. Plus they are loud, so if you don't change at the track they will be annoying. PFC11 would be my choice for other tires.

3. Camber Plates: Cant speak to the Millway plates as I have no direct experience but I prefer the Vorshlag (Gorshlav) to the GC plates.

jeff
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #5
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

This.

SRF only.

Only I'd say DS1.11 over DS2500. The DS1.11 can handle track heat a lot more. My DS2500s were sliding across the rotor after a few laps at NJMP.

Good experience with GC camber plates - great build quality too.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11479.50