R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

09-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #23
Nick7700
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 F83 Atlantis Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
Edit: Answering my own question (previous reported coding did not work) after further research... this was the coding that worked in this MY2017 M3:

FEM_BODY Module:
​30C0 EINSTIEGSH_LN_AKTIV ​​​​​set to: aktiv
​30C0 EINSTIEGSH_NG_AKTIV set to: aktiv (was already aktiv)
​30C0 PRIO_ACHSEN​​​​​​ werte = 02

SM2 (6d) Module
​3000 EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE​​​​​ set to: Modus_FA_SLV
​3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS ​​​​werte = 00, 64
​3012 EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS​​ werte = 00, 00

This feature to me is the most useful so far as it helps avoid scratching the steering wheel when entering and exiting the car. Thanks to all...
Bump and just wanted to say thank you - these exact settings worked in my '18.
Did you do this thru BimmerCode?
2024 BMW X6 M60i Isle of Man Green / Ivory White
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #24
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7700 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
Edit: Answering my own question (previous reported coding did not work) after further research... this was the coding that worked in this MY2017 M3:

FEM_BODY Module:
​30C0 EINSTIEGSH_LN_AKTIV ​​​​​set to: aktiv
​30C0 EINSTIEGSH_NG_AKTIV set to: aktiv (was already aktiv)
​30C0 PRIO_ACHSEN​​​​​​ werte = 02

SM2 (6d) Module
​3000 EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE​​​​​ set to: Modus_FA_SLV
​3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS ​​​​werte = 00, 64
​3012 EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS​​ werte = 00, 00

This feature to me is the most useful so far as it helps avoid scratching the steering wheel when entering and exiting the car. Thanks to all...
Bump and just wanted to say thank you - these exact settings worked in my '18.
Did you do this thru BimmerCode?
Yep. Bimmercode via iphone.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #25
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

I need this! Good info.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #26
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Cabriolet

Sorry to bump an old thread, but
how do I turn off this feature completely so that the driver and passenger seats don’t move back when i am stopped/parked and exiting the vehicle? I have my kids in the back seats more often and they get squished whenever we park the car. I dont mind adjusting things manually and have no trouble getting in and out.
Appreciate 1
9M711233.50
      12-30-2021, 09:39 PM   #27
9M71
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezilient View Post
how do I turn off this feature completely so that the driver and passenger seats don’t move back when i am stopped/parked and exiting the vehicle? I have my kids in the back seats more often and they get squished whenever we park the car. I dont mind adjusting things manually and have no trouble getting in and out.
Purchase BimmerCode on App Store and get an obd2 dongle then reverse the steps above. I'm going to do the same this weekend and turn this feature off.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 11:20 AM   #28
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
how do I turn off this feature completely so that the driver and passenger seats don't move back when i am stopped/parked and exiting the vehicle? I have my kids in the back seats more often and they get squished whenever we park the car. I dont mind adjusting things manually and have no trouble getting in and out.
Purchase BimmerCode on App Store and get an obd2 dongle then reverse the steps above. I'm going to do the same this weekend and turn this feature off.
I already have BimmerCode and MX+ so i tried this today and there isn't a way to disable Easy Seat Entry, you can only enable it. At least using the Simple mode in BimmerCode.

Does anyone know how to do it using the Expert Mode? I am assuming it's possible but i dont want to mess anything up.
Attached Images

2002 M5 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #29
9M71
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
how do I turn off this feature completely so that the driver and passenger seats don't move back when i am stopped/parked and exiting the vehicle? I have my kids in the back seats more often and they get squished whenever we park the car. I dont mind adjusting things manually and have no trouble getting in and out.
I already have BimmerCode and MX+ so i tried this today and there isn't a way to disable Easy Seat Entry, you can only enable it. At least using the Simple mode in BimmerCode.

Does anyone know how to do it using the Expert Mode? I am assuming it's possible but i dont want to mess anything up.
Im a bit confused. Aren't the expert mode inputs a few posts right above? So just switch all the actives back to not active. Unless that function isn't available? I haven't had a chance to try yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #30
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im a bit confused. Aren't the expert mode inputs a few posts right above? So just switch all the actives back to not active. Unless that function isn't available? I haven't had a chance to try yet.
Yes but there are a couple of confusing bits, and since I haven't coded using Expert mode i am being cautious.

1) in Bimmercode there is FEM_01 module but i dont see FEM_BODY so im assuming its the same

2) the FEM_01 > 30C0 setting seems to be related to "electronic steering wheel adjust" and not related to seats. But i see the EINSTIEGSH_NG and LN were active so i can make nicht active.

3) Under the SM module (driver and passenger) under SM_Global there is a setting that seems to clearly be related to setting the Easy_Entry (and Easy_Entry_TTB) Active and Not Active which seems to be the right thing to do.

Pics related.
Attached Images

2002 M5 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 12:46 PM   #31
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes but there are a couple of confusing bits, and since I haven't coded using Expert mode i am being cautious.

1) in Bimmercode there is FEM_01 module but i dont see FEM_BODY so im assuming its the same

2) the FEM_01 > 30C0 setting seems to be related to "electronic steering wheel adjust" and not related to seats. But i see the EINSTIEGSH_NG and LN were active so i can make nicht active.

3) Under the SM module (driver and passenger) under SM_Global there is a setting that seems to clearly be related to setting the Easy_Entry (and Easy_Entry_TTB) Active and Not Active which seems to be the right thing to do.

Pics related.
Ok, I did everything that I mentioned above and looks like its inactive now (fingers crossed). Thanks all.
2002 M5 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #32
TerryTurbo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435D (F33)

Afternoon all, could anyone tell me what dongle I'd need to buy to be able to use the iPhone Bimmercode app with my car ? It's an F33 2017 435D. I'm having the same issue as one of the previous posters with the car seat recline squashing the kids when they're sat in the back !
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 08:50 PM   #33
Joy15779
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Mine similar...
Appreciate 0