Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-24-2022, 12:45 AM   #1
Ericb7
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW x3m40i

Exclamation F82 M4/F80 M3 pricing. Should I keep waiting?

I'm currently in the market for a F82/F80 2015-2018. Preferably one with competition package and executive pkg etc. So anywhere from $40k-$50k ish. Mainly care more about a good deal/lowest miles possible stock. Based on the current market right now, would you guys expect these cars to be cheaper in the future? Ideally I would like to get this car before mid January. But I am in no rush. I'd prefer to wait until I find a good deal on a car that has all the specs I'm looking for. If I were to wait, does anyone know roughly when the prices should be "normal" and or "better" ? Or would the prices be negligible and wouldn't make a difference. I personally wouldn't mind the car being a few grand over the actual pricing if it meant I could get it a bit sooner. But do you guys think the price will drop significantly? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 08:18 AM   #2
RNJ15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 Comp

If you’re financing, prices are negligible. A lot of banks are also refusing to do private loans also. Car prices going down will be offset by rising interest rates.

If you’re able to do all cash private, then you could save a fortune.

Find the right spec for the price within your budget and don’t look back.

2020 BMW M4 ZCP
2018 BMW M4 ZCP (Retired)
2017 BMW F30 (Retired)
Appreciate 1
Ericb71.50
      12-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #3
DaiLyCS
First Class
Rep
Drives: M

If you finding one in your spec then go for it, nobody can predict the future, it could go down or even go back up.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17461.50
      12-25-2022, 04:33 PM   #4
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxcv23 View Post
If you’re financing, prices are negligible. A lot of banks are also refusing to do private loans also. Car prices going down will be offset by rising interest rates.

If you’re able to do all cash private, then you could save a fortune.

Find the right spec for the price within your budget and don’t look back.
Yep this. Find an enthusiast owned car that’s been garaged and meticulously maintained. I’m in az so private party has no sales tax. And I don’t need a loan so that saves too. Patience pays tho so like the other guy said, can’t predict the market. If you wait for the right car, you’ll know it
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 09:33 AM   #5
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Prices will continue falling for a bit. Between the continued rise in rates and the speculation that the car market will return to normal behavior (i.e., a car depreciates until roughly the fifteen year old mark and then stabilizes). That said, as mentioned in the thread - payments are similar to before as rates have risen so much. It's great if you are a cash buyer!