Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-09-2023, 04:09 PM   #1
Sassriverrat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Rear Body Module Swap

Good Evening,

I've run the harness from another F82 that had the backup camera, added the camera, the camera module, and everything required under the dash. I was told I needed to change the rear body module out as well and ordered one on Ebay.

Can I swap it and jump on Esys and enable something or is there more to it?

I did notice the new module only has three fuses in it (two blanks) whereas mine has 5 fuses (no blanks).

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassriverrat View Post
Good Evening,

I've run the harness from another F82 that had the backup camera, added the camera, the camera module, and everything required under the dash. I was told I needed to change the rear body module out as well and ordered one on Ebay.

Can I swap it and jump on Esys and enable something or is there more to it?

I did notice the new module only has three fuses in it (two blanks) whereas mine has 5 fuses (no blanks).

Thanks
Hey
simply click on REM, detect caf for swe, choose any CAFD, click code and done.

Add what you need to FA before.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 05:30 PM   #3
Sassriverrat
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Oh heck yeah....I figured there would be a lot more.

And I think I add everything for the camera, and but should I leave anything out for the parking radars (pdu if I remember, it's been a while)?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 11:26 PM   #4
ProjektAutoScott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Install your used hardware.

Read FA, save FA as FA original. Store this somewhere safe. Open FA original in FA viewer on e-sys. Expand FA until you see the SALAPA-Element folder. Make the appropriate changes to the options code list here for back-up cam. Save this modified FA as FA modified.

You can check to make sure the changes you made will be valid. Still in the FA viewer tool, right click on the FA folder under FA List and click Calculate FP. If there are any issues with the changes you made, it will tell you here.

Now go to expert mode -> coding, and click Load FA. Chose the FA modified file. Activate FA. Then click Read SVT. All of your modules should populate at this point. Right click on the folder of the module(s) you need coded, and click code.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 03:25 AM   #5
Sassriverrat
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektAutoScott View Post
Install your used hardware.

Read FA, save FA as FA original. Store this somewhere safe. Open FA original in FA viewer on e-sys. Expand FA until you see the SALAPA-Element folder. Make the appropriate changes to the options code list here for back-up cam. Save this modified FA as FA modified.

You can check to make sure the changes you made will be valid. Still in the FA viewer tool, right click on the FA folder under FA List and click Calculate FP. If there are any issues with the changes you made, it will tell you here.

Now go to expert mode -> coding, and click Load FA. Chose the FA modified file. Activate FA. Then click Read SVT. All of your modules should populate at this point. Right click on the folder of the module(s) you need coded, and click code.
Well fast forward a bit- tried this. No bueno. I put my old module back in place.
Laptop crashed (not in the car thankfully). I have a new laptop but haven’t successfully got esys back on it (ugh).

Any chance I could get a few minutes to have you remote through my computer and take a look?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0