proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-24-2023, 05:34 PM   #1
BGut12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

F80 on Macht Schnell springs & R888R's

Hey guys, just wanted to post up my setup. don’t see too many people running MS springs so maybe this can be help to people on ride quality, fitment and height.

Quality is amazing on these, literally way more comfortable than stock. makes me wish i would’ve done it sooner.

The height is the only thing still minimally bothering me. I would love to just fully close that gap. at certain angles it does appear low but then at others it’s not. might either swap to EMD or fully adjustable coils to be able to play with fitment all i want. for someone who doesn’t care too much about stance and more about ride quality, i would definitely get these. id say with my R888rs it’s really good fitment. i did some pulls and absolutely no rubbing so this is definitely a more “functional” setup.

Setup:
OEM 513m’s
265/35 fronts and 295/30 in the rear
15mm spacers all around
Attached Images

WOT808213.50
      03-26-2023, 02:43 AM   #2
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

Incredible looking car, the matte black on on the Toyo wrapped 513M wheels is a killer look. Is yours stealth wrapped or an individual color? I’ll also say this about the EMD springs. They sit much lower than advertised and don’t quite handle as good as the stock springs. Ride quality wasn’t all that different, I would say slightly stiffer.
previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 1
BGut1299.00
      03-26-2023, 01:40 PM   #3
BGut12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
Incredible looking car, the matte black on on the Toyo wrapped 513M wheels is a killer look. Is yours stealth wrapped or an individual color? I’ll also say this about the EMD springs. They sit much lower than advertised and don’t quite handle as good as the stock springs. Ride quality wasn’t all that different, I would say slightly stiffer.
appreciate that my man!! it’s actually just a satin black wrap, not stealth PPF. original car color is silverstone. i love the 513ms as well, they were already powdered gloss black when i picked them up so it wasn’t even planned but i love the look.

and damn ok, in that case i might as well just go with some nice coilovers in the future, thanks for the info!
      03-26-2023, 04:43 PM   #4
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

The Satin Black looks awesome, even underneath Silverstone is a good look on this chassis. Most people go springs first and than to go to something more sophisticated. But once you go coilovers, you won’t look back. Here’s some pictures I took before and right after the install of the EMD springs. They lowered the car quite a bit, and were not really Alaskan road friendly. You can see in the pictures below there is quite the difference.
Attached Images

previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 2
BGut1299.00
      03-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #5
BGut12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
The Satin Black looks awesome, even underneath Silverstone is a good look on this chassis. Most people go springs first and than to go to something more sophisticated. But once you go coilovers, you won’t look back. Here’s some pictures I took before and right after the install of the EMD springs. They lowered the car quite a bit, and were not really Alaskan road friendly. You can see in the pictures below there is quite the difference.
yea can’t go wrong with satin black 🙌🏼 and i had coilovers on my last e92 and loved them, just thought springs would be enough on this platform. your front end looks like it got absolutely slammed lol that’s crazy. the 20’s make a difference in appearance as well for sure. appreciate the pics! will most likely switch to coils in the future