Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
tonydt1g3r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83

Anyone try shallow mount subs that are not earthquake or jehnert yet?

I am looking to replace my subs and knowing my taste I am pretty sure that the earthquakes jehnert arent going to be what I want.

I have been looking at

Kicker 40CWRT82
Rockford P3SD2
Pioneer TS-SW2002D2

I am leaning towards the kicker due to the 300w RMS, or the Rockford since I have used a lot of their equipment in the past. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these or other brands besides earthquake or jehnert?

Also while searching around I found Rockford fosgate has a new drop in replacement. the Power T3 model. Looks interesting but I dont think it has the bass I want.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

I don't think any of those will fit without major modifications. I also don't think you can get the proper sub-bass (I think) you're looking for from the underseat location without major modification to the car (cutting a bigger hole in the bottom). There are other options for sub-bass - trunk sub, IB on the rear deck or pass-through, front sub in the footwell - but none that utilize the underseats in stock form.
Appreciate 0