Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

03-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #89
M3Robby
Private
Rep
Drives: BSM/SS F80 ///M3

I would encourage you guys to put LUSTR in the mix. Ivan and Umbra do great work. Ivan also did my detailing and C-Quartz. May not be the most convenient for guys in the city however.

Ivan Rajic
LUSTR Auto Detail
(773) 715-4198
info@lustrdetail.com
www.lustrdetail.com

Name:  DSC_0585 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 1988
Size:  386.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0587 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  339.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0592 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 1749
Size:  292.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #90
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawwadh View Post
I could probably facilitate a deal with design shielding as he is a buddy of mine. He will be clearbra'ing my car when i get it.. awaiting shipping from my ED
That would be great. Is it Ralph? I was sort of going out on a limb and trying to decide, but I am such a noob at PPF, so it's good to have some guys with experience in this field.

If you talk to him, can you let us know know what you hear (cost, timing, etc.)?

Thanks!

Looks like the following are interested:

ChicagoM4
eff 80 (+1 friend)
BigMo
Marrk
Jawwadh
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #91
saeba1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Robby View Post
I would encourage you guys to put LUSTR in the mix. Ivan and Umbra do great work. Ivan also did my detailing and C-Quartz. May not be the most convenient for guys in the city however.

Ivan Rajic
LUSTR Auto Detail
(773) 715-4198
info@lustrdetail.com
www.lustrdetail.com

Attachment 1166114
Attachment 1166121
Attachment 1166125
I agree with M3Robby. Just had mine done last week.
Attached Images

03-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #92
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
That would be great. Is it Ralph? I was sort of going out on a limb and trying to decide, but I am such a noob at PPF, so it's good to have some guys with experience in this field.

If you talk to him, can you let us know know what you hear (cost, timing, etc.)?

Thanks!

ChicagoM4
eff 80 (+1 friend)
BigMo
Marrk
Jawwadh
His name is rob Murphy. I can talk to him tomorrow and get an idea! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #93
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep

OK cool so I talked to him

So 50 dollars off either partial/full hood for 3 -4 people
And 75 dollars off partial/full hood for 5+ people

The time frame is within 2-3 weeks if longer than he requests a small deposit... That you can work out with him.

That being said I just want to say I have no business affiliation with design shielding. What I can tell you is he is a very honest guy who does amazing work. I am super anal and he has always met my expectations on at least 5 other cars.

Thanks

Jawwad
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #94
M3Robby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeba1 View Post
I agree with M3Robby. Just had mine done last week.
Didn't see your post on the other thread. Car looks great!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #95
dbski
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB/SO M3

If you guys can set something up with Lustr and Umbra I'd be in, I plan on having them do my tints and clear bra
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #96
eff 80
Private
Rep
Drives: MW/SS F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post

Thanks!

ChicagoM4
eff 80 (+1 friend)
BigMo
Marrk
Jawwadh
Thanks for putting this together for us guys! I am down for partial at $600. I am scheduled to do opticoat which includes a full paint correction. I was wondering if I should get it detailed/paint corrected before handing it over for clearbra (and then opticoat after)

Last edited by eff 80; 03-02-2015 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #97
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff 80 View Post
Thanks for putting this together for us guys! I am down for partial at $600. I am scheduled to do opticoat which includes a full paint correction. I was wondering if I should get it detailed/paint corrected before handing it over for clearbra (and then opticoat after)

hmm I have watched him do it and he will wash the car if it is sig dirty.. He clay bars and and will apply rubbing compound if sig imperfection exists. I have never fully detailed my cars prior to doing it, but that shouldn't stop you!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #98
Boola96
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Grey Metallic M3

Quote:

The time frame is within 2-3 weeks if longer than he requests a small deposit... That you can work out with him.

That being said I just want to say I have no business affiliation with design shielding. What I can tell you is he is a very honest guy who does amazing work. I am super anal and he has always met my expectations on at least 5 other cars.

Thanks

Jawwad
My bad for being "MIA." First, the pics from the recent Chicago meet looked great and I would be down for one later this spring. (My car has been a "garage queen" and I have been waiting for the temps to crack 40!)

I had actually been playing phone tag with Rob Murphy at Design Shielding since last week and would be interested in perhaps participating in the group discount. When I talk to him, what and/or who should I mention? I had actually gotten a quote from Adam at Auto Tinting & Rock Guard (http://autotinting-rockguard.com/) for $2100 for Xpel full Hood, Bumper, Fenders, Rocker Panels, Door Edges, Door Cups, A Pillars, Bottom of Doors and rear bumper (he also quoted $245 for 3m fx premium window tinting). Any experience with Auto Tinting & Rock Guard? Is his quote comparable to Rob? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #99
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boola96 View Post
My bad for being "MIA." First, the pics from the recent Chicago meet looked great and I would be down for one later this spring. (My car has been a "garage queen" and I have been waiting for the temps to crack 40!)

I had actually been playing phone tag with Rob Murphy at Design Shielding since last week and would be interested in perhaps participating in the group discount. When I talk to him, what and/or who should I mention? I had actually gotten a quote from Adam at Auto Tinting & Rock Guard (http://autotinting-rockguard.com/) for $2100 for Xpel full Hood, Bumper, Fenders, Rocker Panels, Door Edges, Door Cups, A Pillars, Bottom of Doors and rear bumper (he also quoted $245 for 3m fx premium window tinting). Any experience with Auto Tinting & Rock Guard? Is his quote comparable to Rob? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
When speaking with rob just refer to the bimmerpost groupbuy thread that his friend jawwad asked him about.. Im not sure about how Rob would quote all that stuff, best to ask him.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #100
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boola96
Quote:

Thanks

Jawwad

I had actually been playing phone tag with Rob Murphy at Design Shielding since last week and would be interested in perhaps participating in the group discount. When I talk to him, what and/or who should I mention? I had actually gotten a quote from Adam at Auto Tinting & Rock Guard (http://autotinting-rockguard.com/" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://autotinting-r...guard.com/</a>) for $2100 for Xpel full Hood, Bumper, Fenders, Rocker Panels, Door Edges, Door Cups, A Pillars, Bottom of Doors and rear bumper (he also quoted $245 for 3m fx premium window tinting). Any experience with Auto Tinting & Rock Guard? Is his quote comparable to Rob? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Do you have a CF roof? If you're planning on getting all that done I'd probably get the roof done too. I'm pretty sure I am going to. I just like the idea that Lustr/Umbra can do both the Xpel and the opticoat all at the same place but if the quality is there I'm all for saving a few bucks.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #101
Boola96
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Do you have a CF roof? If you're planning on getting all that done I'd probably get the roof done too. I'm pretty sure I am going to. I just like the idea that Lustr/Umbra can do both the Xpel and the opticoat all at the same place but if the quality is there I'm all for saving a few bucks.
No CF. I'm trying to stick to Chicago because of schedule and easier for me to get to and from v. Schaumburg.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #102
Boola96
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When speaking with rob just refer to the bimmerpost groupbuy thread that his friend jawwad asked him about.. Im not sure about how Rob would quote all that stuff, best to ask him.
Thanks for heads up! Will do.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #103
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

So I got a few more quotes today.

Quotes are for partial/full using Xpel Ultimate unless otherwise noted. They are also full price (no discount applied yet)

Design Shielding (suntek): $650/$1,295
Carmel Tint: $795/$1,795
Darring's: $995/$1,895
Clear Guard: $680/$1,350
Body Skins: $775/$1,450
Abe's Custom Car Care (3M): $1,127/$1,976
Clear Bra Indy: $770/$1,150
this guy covers all of Indiana so he might travel to NW Indy, I visit family in Indy quite often which is why I wanted his quote

As a general note, I was originally looking to spend $600 - $700 to keep rocks off my bumper with a clear bra but after looking around on different detailer/intaller websites, it seems like scare tactics to up-sell you! Or is this stuff actually worth it... full coverage ~$1,400, opticoat ~$400, paint enhancement before opticoat ~$300-$400, extra PPF (rocker panels, bumper, lights, roof) ~$500. It's a bit intimidating to pay for all of this stuff that you aren't even supposed to see. At what point is it overkill/too much?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #104
M3Robby
Private
Rep

Based on my experience its worth it. I had my car fully detailed and then C-Quartz. The before and after in my opinion is amazing. The depth of the shine/paint is significantly better after. I had Xpel on the front bumper and mirrors. I passed on the hood. In hindsight, I would do the hood. I have two small rock chips in the hood. Not major but probably could have been avoided.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #105
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep

rob murphy did the full hood, partial fenders, full bumper, headlights, and mirrors on my 328 and with 28k miles the car still looks new. I like to clear bra but none of that other stuff. I only use good hand washes during the winter if I do not wash the car myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #106
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

STATUS 150! Production finally started on my car. Sorry, had to tell somebody.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #107
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Add me on to the list for interested parties. I'd do full hood fenders and bumper that's probably about it
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #108
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
STATUS 150! Production finally started on my car. Sorry, had to tell somebody.
Can't wait to finally see YMB in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #109
Boola96
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A quick "google" search in this topic is "all over the place"--seems you can do either first:

http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/opticoat.html:

"Can Opti Coat Pro be applied under clear bras?
Yes, but give the Opti Coat Pro a week to cure before applying clear bra.

Can it be applies over clear bras?
Yes."

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...ra-XPel/page3:

"Opti-Coat and Clear Bra/XPel

With my delivery scheduled next month, I have read just about all of the posts about Opti-Coat and Xpel. I contacted the maker of Opti-Coat. Here is his direct email quote today:

"We recommend applying Opti-Coat Pro before installing XPel - there are no problems with the clear bra adhering and if it became necessary to remove it, you are still protected. There is also no problem applying Pro over the bra (it's been done both ways) and some choose to do both - apply Opti-Coat under AND over the bra."
Best Regards,
Ronald Doyle
Optimum Polymer Technologies, Inc."
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #110
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boola96
Quote:
A quick "google" search in this topic is "all over the place"--seems you can do either first:

http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/opticoat.html:

"Can Opti Coat Pro be applied under clear bras?
Yes, but give the Opti Coat Pro a week to cure before applying clear bra.

Can it be applies over clear bras?
Yes."

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...ra-XPel/page3:

"Opti-Coat and Clear Bra/XPel

With my delivery scheduled next month, I have read just about all of the posts about Opti-Coat and Xpel. I contacted the maker of Opti-Coat. Here is his direct email quote today:

"We recommend applying Opti-Coat Pro before installing XPel - there are no problems with the clear bra adhering and if it became necessary to remove it, you are still protected. There is also no problem applying Pro over the bra (it's been done both ways) and some choose to do both - apply Opti-Coat under AND over the bra."
Best Regards,
Ronald Doyle
Optimum Polymer Technologies, Inc."
All those that know that have done it have done Opticoat over the clearbra. The main reason being that the ease of cleaning, dirt repellant, and glossy finish that Opticoat has that is supposed to keep the car looking showroom new.
Appreciate 0