GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #67
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

There is at least one M3 CS already.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #68
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
There is at least one M3 CS already.
Absolutely!

In fact, I saw it in the HOV lane just the other day. The tooth fairy was driving, and the Easter Bunny was riding shot gun. Yeah, I know - who would have guessed, right? In back were mama and papa sasquatch with little baby Jesus. Cute.

I tried to snap pics, but I was thwarted by The Angel of the North who swooped down on her unicorn and stole my cell phone right out of my hand. I had to go into a T-Mobile store and tell them I needed a new phone, and the guy at the counter wearing the bright pink shirt punched me right in the face and spat on my shoe.
Appreciate 1
Gatte1193.00
      10-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #69
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Absolutely!

In fact, I saw it in the HOV lane just the other day. The tooth fairy was driving, and the Easter Bunny was riding shot gun. Yeah, I know - who would have guessed, right? In back were mama and papa sasquatch with little baby Jesus. Cute.

I tried to snap pics, but I was thwarted by The Angel of the North who swooped down on her unicorn and stole my cell phone right out of my hand. I had to go into a T-Mobile store and tell them I needed a new phone, and the guy at the counter wearing the bright pink shirt punched me right in the face and spat on my shoe.
You were dreaming maybe.

What I meant to say was that there is at least one M3 CS in Garching already. You should see more of it in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #70
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
You were dreaming maybe.

What I meant to say was that there is at least one M3 CS in Garching already. You should see more of it in the future.
How come we haven't seen a single picture of it yet ?

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #71
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Moreover, why did BMW announce the M4 CS months - heck, nearly a year by the time it gets here, it would seem - ahead of its appearance on the market, while they are apparently going to announce this mythical M3 CS, what, the day before they start showing up at the dealership?

Or maybe they aren't going to announce it at all? Sure, that's it. It's a soft launch - a sneak attack. It'll come so quietly you won't even know its there until it bites you right on the neck. Because... because that's BMW's typical style, very covert with new product announcements. Shh! Don't tell anyone, but we invested a chunk of money in this new product we would like to recoup, however, this time let's not build up any hype. Let's just see if it happens organically.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321103.00
      10-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #72
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
We should mostly start seeing them soon. As soon as they get the stickering work done to hide the obvious bits.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #73
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We should mostly start seeing them soon. As soon as they get the stickering work done to hide the obvious bits.
So there's no chance this car - if it's real, if it's actually coming - could simply be a special edition, last hurrah for the M3, right? It *has* to be a CS. Does it have "M3 CS" spray painted across the sides or something?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #74
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
So there's no chance this car - if it's real, if it's actually coming - could simply be a special edition, last hurrah for the M3, right? It *has* to be a CS. Does it have "M3 CS" spray pained across the sides or something?
I think you are way too skeptical. Nothing I tell you will change your mind. Unfortunately, I cannot show you anything and so we'll just have to wait.

My interests lie elsewhere and I am not actively trying to get the M3 or M4. I just wanted to share this here since there was a lot of interest in the M3 CS when the M4 CS was announced.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #75
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
So there's no chance this car - if it's real, if it's actually coming - could simply be a special edition, last hurrah for the M3, right? It *has* to be a CS. Does it have "M3 CS" spray painted across the sides or something?
It has the M3 CS Sticker on the trunk!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #76
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you are way too skeptical.
Maybe so.

However, in my defense, part of my job here as moderator is to keep the site from being over run by nonsense claims from cyber clowns who come tell us fairy tales or drop these contrived, self-indulgent hints with nothing to back them up. Not that I am calling you a clown - cyber or otherwise. But you know the type of people/misinformation I am referring to.

Nothing about an M3 CS release makes sense given the timelines we know are left to work with. The far more likely outcome - if anything new is truly coming in the next year on the M3 front - is a limited run send-off. Now, such an offering could have the 454hp S58 tune, and it could even have the GTS hood. But, that would seem to give the M4 CS buyer a big middle finger unless they price it like an M4 CS. Even then, why subvert this new CS line of cars you are trying to build a brand name for by offering the same content in non-CS products? So yeah, nothing here really adds up.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #77
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
It has the M3 CS Sticker on the trunk!
No pics = didn't happen. Truly. Show one actual picture of the car. If not, its not real.

For those who haven't been around for the past few years, let me fill you in: certain posters come in from other forums - typically, some M forums catering to other parts of the world - with all sorts of claims about M cars, engines, trims, that never actually come to light.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #78
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Maybe so.

Nothing about an M3 CS release makes sense given the timelines we know are left to work with. The far more likely outcome - if anything new is truly coming in the next year on the M3 front - is a limited run send-off. Now, such an offering could have the 454hp S58 tune, and it could even have the GTS hood. But, that would seem to give the M4 CS buyer a big middle finger unless they price it like an M4 CS. Even then, why subvert this new CS line of cars you are trying to build a brand name for by offering the same content in non-CS products? So yeah, nothing here really adds up.
The car in Garching has all this parts that make an M4 to an M4 CS incl. an special CS color ... but no OLED-Lights!
Appreciate 1
Gatte1193.00
      10-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #79
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
PS - I have no kids and yet I still chose the four door bro. And I would be interested in a CS version of the M3.
I have two kids (6 and 3) and I chose the 2 door
Cause u a smart man
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #80
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
The car in Garching has all this parts that make an M4 to an M4 CS incl. an special CS color ... but no OLED-Lights!
If I saw a car with M4 CS parts like the spoiler for example in a special gray, and if it had something written on it that told us what car it was, I would think it safe to assume it to be the M3 CS.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #81
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Negative, M3's just aren't that important
Appreciate 0