Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

04-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #45
Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso235i View Post
Also insurance is not that expensive if you're international, there is a reason for that being so high, and it's not what he's saying.
I came to the states 13 years ago as an International student. I bought a GSXR about 2 years after my arrival. The cheapest insurance I was able to get was $10000 per year. That was on a $7000 motorcycle, imagine what they would have asked for a $60000 car. All insurance companies required a 3 year driving record in the states before giving me a lower rate as an International student. You do however legally have to get liability, to cover for what happened with your wife. I assume the owner of the car had liability only, and therefore the car is not covered.
I also came in as an international student in 2010 (Florida). I bought a 2008 Scion Tc (rebuilt title) and with full coverage I paid about $150 a month. That quickly went down to $90 after a couple of years. I have a clean record and have never been in accident here. I also have the safe driver logo on my license (don't know what that even means but it's on there). So it may vary greatly from state to state but ive never heard of anyone paying that much. I'm from Venezuela and know at least 25 people that have been here as international students.
As far as liability is concerned, in Florida all that is legally required is 10k property damage liability, which is what the person that hit my wife had. I was left with all her medical bills, had to threaten to sue and get a lawyer and then magically he had the money. It's funny how things work when he realized he was going to have to leave the country if he didn't pay me. He pays 30k a semesters but "had no money" for insurance and/or to pay me for the damages he caused. Even then he paid me only for my deductibles and out of pockets cost to me. Not even the lost wages my wife and I had. And crying every month when he had to give me another 1000 since he couldn't just give me the 3500 up front. He said I was an asshole cause me and my wife have good jobs and he's just a "poor student" and we're making him pay or leave...
I've learned since this incident to carry a high UM (uninsured motorist) policy which pays out when someone's insurance is not enough to pay for damages.
So unfortunately this definitely hits home when I read " he couldn't pay for insurance" as he's driving an m4. That to me is an insult to all of us who have done things responsibly... Performance cars are most definitely a luxury, if you can't afford insurance for the car then you can't afford the car. Going to school here is a choice, a choice that people make and are aware of costs before coming here because they make sure you have the cash to pay for it up front before the I20 (student visa) is even issued. Let's stop treating this situation as the poor boy who totaled his car.
I'm done ranting guys. Sorry but I had to say my 2 cents....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #46
Thunder_Guy
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSix View Post
Isn't the premium on motorcycles mostly personal injury?
From my understanding the mandatory liability is to cover bodily injury, and property damage to the other person involved. To cover yourself, you have to pay an extra fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso235i View Post
I also came in as an international student in 2010 (Florida). I bought a 2008 Scion Tc (rebuilt title) and with full coverage I paid about $150 a month. That quickly went down to $90 after a couple of years. I have a clean record and have never been in accident here. I also have the safe driver logo on my license (don't know what that even means but it's on there). So it may vary greatly from state to state but ive never heard of anyone paying that much. I'm from Venezuela and know at least 25 people that have been here as international students.
As far as liability is concerned, in Florida all that is legally required is 10k property damage liability, which is what the person that hit my wife had. I was left with all her medical bills, had to threaten to sue and get a lawyer and then magically he had the money. It's funny how things work when he realized he was going to have to leave the country if he didn't pay me. He pays 30k a semesters but "had no money" for insurance and/or to pay me for the damages he caused. Even then he paid me only for my deductibles and out of pockets cost to me. Not even the lost wages my wife and I had. And crying every month when he had to give me another 1000 since he couldn't just give me the 3500 up front. He said I was an asshole cause me and my wife have good jobs and he's just a "poor student" and we're making him pay or leave...
I've learned since this incident to carry a high UM (uninsured motorist) policy which pays out when someone's insurance is not enough to pay for damages.
So unfortunately this definitely hits home when I read " he couldn't pay for insurance" as he's driving an m4. That to me is an insult to all of us who have done things responsibly... Performance cars are most definitely a luxury, if you can't afford insurance for the car then you can't afford the car. Going to school here is a choice, a choice that people make and are aware of costs before coming here because they make sure you have the cash to pay for it up front before the I20 (student visa) is even issued. Let's stop treating this situation as the poor boy who totaled his car.
I'm done ranting guys. Sorry but I had to say my 2 cents....
I get where you are coming from, since we went through the same process...

I am glad the driver is okay, and I hope he can sell the car as parts to recover some of his money.

Sorry for hijacking this thread
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #47
stadtjunge
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSix View Post
Isn't the premium on motorcycles mostly personal injury?
correct
      04-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #48
kabuda
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: E46/E92 M3 F87M2

I'm sorry, but please everyone come down. Thank you everyone for supporting me and my friend. We don't need to proof anything. Come and see the car and talk to us in person, and check out my car, you will change your mind and be impressed how much I love cars and we are the real man. I don't really care about money. I'm not rich, but I already found what I love, and about to marry maybe this year haha. Hope I can get a bmw crew during my wedding! I will prepare foods and green! Please come down everyone. If you really interested in the car, come and talk to me in person. I'm waiting for you. I'm an honest international student hiding nothing.

2013 BMW Frozen White E92 M3. 1 of 150 (In Love)

Don't Die with Dreams, Die With Memories.

Last edited by kabuda; 04-25-2018 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: marry not merry haha. But also merry to everyone on this forum. Please be loved, no hate.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #49
kabuda
Private First Class
China
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Based on the information provided by OP, this is not a total loss buyback since the car was never insured. So technically, yes, the title should be clean.

The law requires that any vehicle damage worth over $5,000 must be reported to the local DMV, so you may not be able to get away with a clean title for long unless you have an under the table plug at a body shop.

Personally, this car should be bought for parts or off-road/track use only. The amount of work required to get this running safe again is quite extensive.
Thank you for the info.
I will look into it and make sure the car is reparable.
If not, we will send it to co-part.com and will send pics on forum just in case if anyone will buy a clean title M4 that was been hit by a tree.

Check out my Instagram @kabuda999

Last edited by kabuda; 04-25-2018 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #50
kabuda
Private First Class
China
Rep

sale pending. Thank you everyone for helping us and all the info !!!! Me and my friend truly appreciated you guys.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #51
Thunder_Guy
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuda View Post
sale pending. Thank you everyone for helping us and all the info !!!! Me and my friend truly appreciated you guys.
Congrats
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #52
krotondo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW/Full SO M3 ZCP

Car did not have full coverage, that's it. Hopefully it sells...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 05:25 AM   #53
kabuda
Private First Class
China
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by krotondo View Post
Car did not have full coverage, that's it. Hopefully it sells...
Thank you for the head up bro!

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #54
cxbaba
E46
United_States
Rep
Drives: AY F80

Man, that must of been a gnarly crash! Glad your buddy is OK. All the best here in the states
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #55
yourcakeisready
El Jefe
United_States
Rep
Drives: Potenial M6 :)

Would you part out the interior with black interior w some cash?