BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

03-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M3

FS: 2018 M3 Sakir Orange ZCP w M Perf Pack $91K MSRP

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Selling my like new Sakhir Orange M3. 7K miles. No existing or prior issues/damage. Properly broken in and serviced. Original owner with title in hand. Has rare M performance pack (M performance exhaust, carbon front lip, spoiler and decals). Added M performance armrest, carbon DCT housing, and carbon handbrake. Also added wheels spacers. Please reference window sticker picture for all options. $91K sticker. Will pay my local dealer to process all of the paperwork for you.

Attached Images

Last edited by Babaganush; 04-12-2019 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: adjusted miles
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Just to answer a few questions I've been getting.....the car has never been tracked, break in service was performed by BMW and the car was purchased brand new off the showroom floor last April.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaganush View Post
Just to answer a few questions I've been getting.....the car has never been tracked, break in service was performed by BMW and the car was purchased brand new off the showroom floor last April.
Brother, I just sold my car with an MSRP of 87K (2018 and only had 1,000 miles on odometer) for $61,000 (trade-in). market is horrible.

Just giving you a point of reference to help you determine whether you're getting decent offers or not.

best offer i got was $64,400 with the MPE with CF Tips and 1K worth of OEM Mods. (buyer dropped out last minute)
      03-21-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Brother, I just sold my car with an MSRP of 87K (2018 and only had 1,000 miles on odometer) for $61,000 (trade-in). market is horrible.

Just giving you a point of reference to help you determine whether you're getting decent offers or not.

best offer i got was $64,400 with the MPE with CF Tips and 1K worth of OEM Mods. (buyer dropped out last minute)
Good to know. It's only been on sale about a week now and I'm willing to work on the price with a serious buyer.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Good to know. It's only been on sale about a week now and I'm willing to work on the price with a serious buyer.
Yes sir. I didn't mean to come off the wrong way. I was also disappointed by the market since I was in your situation. I really hope you have better luck though. Your car is beautiful. The market highly undervalued these cars.
      03-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #6
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:

I don't mean any disrespect but you got finessed. I got out of my 2018 ZCP ($80,195 MSRP) with 8,xxx on the odometer for $62,000. I paid $68,xxx about 15 months ago. This was only 6 weeks ago. I realize this is one data point, just as yours was, but I don't think anyone should resign to thinking they need to just give their car away due to "market conditions".

Anyhow, free bump OP and good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #7
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
I don't mean any disrespect but you got finessed. I got out of my 2018 ZCP ($80,195 MSRP) with 8,xxx on the odometer for $62,000. I paid $68,xxx about 15 months ago. This was only 6 weeks ago. I realize this is one data point, just as yours was, but I don't think anyone should resign to thinking they need to just give their car away due to "market conditions".

I think he got a fair deal given current market conditions. Subtracting the high-margin/low-return MPE ($5k) and CF tips ($1.5k) from his car, his MSRP is $79,xxx. Considering that both of your deals were trades on heavily discounted cars (numbers can be moved around for aesthetics/other reasons), both of you are in the same ballpark.

The market has been poor for the F80/82 for a very long time. Oversupply, low lease payments, and aggressive new car subsidies have killed the market for used cars. I have gone through 3 F82s; it's been a painful selling experience every time.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 10:35 PM   #8
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:

I sold the MPE and other mods separate. It also varies by region. I do agree though that it's low.

I didn't mean give it away, but our vehicles sold for 60-62k. OP has his listed for almost 15k above. I was just trying to give him a ballpark of realistic selling prices for our vehicles.
      03-22-2019, 06:58 AM   #9
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
I sold the MPE and other mods separate. It also varies by region. I do agree though that it's low.

I didn't mean give it away, but our vehicles sold for 60-62k. OP has his listed for almost 15k above. I was just trying to give him a ballpark of realistic selling prices for our vehicles.
That's fair. Good for you selling the MPE and other parts separate. I'm sure it helped out quite a bit.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      03-22-2019, 08:37 AM   #10
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

No worries. I appreciate the heads up on the market and do see that wholesale/trade-in prices are probably in the $60K-$64K on a ZCP with DCT. Private party sale is usually few thousand over wholesale/trade-in, and dealer used retail prices are usually a few thousand above the private party price. My car is loaded with some unique and very expensive options over a normally optioned ZCP so I'm trying to sell in the higher private party price range due to my options/color and the car's excellent condition. I've started with higher retail pricing but am willing to negotiate down with a serious buyer to a fair private party sale price. Just not interested in wholesaling this car to anyone at this time and have patience for the right buyer to come along. Will probably lower that starting price in the next day or two so keep an eye on the thread if interested.
Appreciate 2
paliknight2186.50
GERMAN M34176.50
      03-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #11
Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:

No worries. I appreciate the heads up on the market and do see that wholesale/trade-in prices are probably in the $60K-$64K on a ZCP with DCT. Private party sale is usually few thousand over wholesale/trade-in, and dealer used retail prices are usually a few thousand above the private party price. My car is loaded with some unique and very expensive options over a normally optioned ZCP so I'm trying to sell in the higher private party price range due to my options/color and the car's excellent condition. I've started with higher retail pricing but am willing to negotiate down with a serious buyer to a fair private party sale price. Just not interested in wholesaling this car to anyone at this time and have patience for the right buyer to come along. Will probably lower that starting price in the next day or two so keep an eye on the thread if interested.
Check out the Atlantis Blue thread. It unfortunately shows the reality of the market for these cars. I believe that is a 96k mrsp with 800 miles for 77k. No takers for a year.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #12
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

That's one nice ass mfing looking car OP! GLWS!

Unfortunately, sigh...1400+ miles to drive it back home.

I have some emails out to a couple dealers for a MY20 M4. Pending those outcomes, I might convince myself about the long ass drive home from Tx.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #13
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
That's one nice ass mfing looking car OP! GLWS!

Unfortunately, sigh...1400+ miles to drive it back home.

I have some emails out to a couple dealers for a MY20 M4. Pending those outcomes, I might convince myself about the long ass drive home from Tx.
Wow. That would be a long drive. One other thing to keep in mind, I might be able to get the potential dealership that processes all the paperwork for us to also get you a closed container shipping quote....their shipping price would definitely be better than what you could get quoted. I sold a Macan GTS and also an Audi RS7 that way and both times it worked out that the dealership shipping quote was best. I tend to flip cars every year or so.
Appreciate 1
brocurls263.00
      03-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #14
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Price lowered to $73,500 obo.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:21 PM   #15
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso235i View Post
Check out the Atlantis Blue thread. It unfortunately shows the reality of the market for these cars. I believe that is a 96k mrsp with 800 miles for 77k. No takers for a year.
There are a couple of problems with these very lightly used cars with high MSRPS. One is that all of the options and the M performance extras raise the MSRP quite a bit but the exact way the OP build his car will only appeal to a few people. The majority would not care for them. The second is that these cars are ''almost new" and there are a lot of brand new 2018s M3 still sitting on dealer lots which you get a very good deal on for only a few thousand more. Same with the guy who is selling that atlantis blue for 77k . . you can get a well optioned M3 with CP for less than that brand new.

However your car looks beautiful OP, hopefully someone who is interested in all the options you have comes along. good luck
Appreciate 1
qba335i389.50
      03-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #16
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Had request to get some additional side angle pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #17
AJM1125
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 Competition

Beautiful car! Just price is a bit higher than what I'm trying to spend right now on an 18.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #18
Babaganush
Private First Class
Rep

Reduced to $72,000
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 09:41 AM   #19
mitchellm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i x drive

I will be monitoring the price too. 10k over by budget
qba335i389.50
      03-31-2019, 11:23 PM   #20
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Reduced to $72,000
OP, I know the window sticker has the M-Performance parts, but another option would be to remove them if you're handy and sell them separately and sell the car without any of the mods. In its current condition, most buyers will lowball and not factor in the price of those parts despite them being listed on the window sticker. That's what I did and it helped quite a bit.

You can easily recoup 4-6k minimum doing this.

Most buyers will offer between 60-65k regardless of those parts so you'll get asking price doing this.

Just an idea. Free bump for a beautiful car!
      04-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #21
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Reduced to $72,000
OP, I know the window sticker has the M-Performance parts, but another option would be to remove them if you're handy and sell them separately and sell the car without any of the mods. In its current condition, most buyers will lowball and not factor in the price of those parts despite them being listed on the window sticker. That's what I did and it helped quite a bit.

Most buyers will offer between 60-65k regardless of those parts so you'll get asking price doing this.

If he removes the PE exhaust in particular the next owner will probably have a hard time getting any warranty claim on the whole exhaust system. Items that are listed on the spec sheet should stay on the car.

Additionally, If he removes the PE parts it will be just another M3... and he will have to compete strictly on price (55-60k?). Cars/autotrader has over hundred m3 listed now. Those parts will not add a lot of extra return - but will make it easier to sell the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #22
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qba335i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Reduced to $72,000

If he removes the PE exhaust in particular the next owner will probably have a hard time getting any warranty claim on the whole exhaust system. Items that are listed on the spec sheet should stay on the car.

Additionally, If he removes the PE parts it will be just another M3... and he will have to compete strictly on price (55-60k?). Cars/autotrader has over hundred m3 listed now. Those parts will not add a lot of extra return - but will make it easier to sell the car.
He wouldn't lose warranty if he swaps it with another 2017 or newer model year. I've done this personally. Keeping all those parts will not add any value and will not affect the sale. I'm speaking from experience. He will still be able to sell it for at least 60k+ after removing the parts. (He won't sell it for any more than that even with the parts unless he finds a certain buyer).