ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

04-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #1
simpsobj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 (YMB)

F80 - 3 yr. Service Cost & Options Going Forward

Hey friends -- I have a 2nd owner (8/17 prod) F80 ZCP. I've just crested 30k miles, so it's time for: oil + filter, intake air filter, spark plugs, and 1st brake fluid change.

Purchased last August, so this will be my first service (and first with any BMW). I'm not averse to the idea of doing most work myself, but to do them all at once is a PITA/time sink that I'll most likely pay to avoid. I plan to contact my local dealer service rep. to inquire about this specific service and/or extended service package options, and also reach out to a local BMW indy.

I'd appreciate having a general cost expectation or negotiation point beforehand. Happy for any other related input/advice as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

Tagged

I'm in the same exact situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #3
Ropes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

We'll plan on a 1500ish bill if not doing it yourself.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2021, 06:44 PM   #4
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

I did the 30k mile service myself after getting quotes from the dealership, a local BMW-exclusive shop, and a European specific shop. Quoted prices were $1900, $1500, and $1100, respectively.

I did it myself in about 5 hours for $350 including all parts/oil and tools. Not hard at all. I used the money I saved as an excuse to by an AA Single midpipe I bought off another forum member and still saved a couple hundred $$
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
simpsobj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 (YMB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
I did the 30k mile service myself after getting quotes from the dealership, a local BMW-exclusive shop, and a European specific shop. Quoted prices were $1900, $1500, and $1100, respectively.

I did it myself in about 5 hours for $350 including all parts/oil and tools. Not hard at all. I used the money I saved as an excuse to by an AA Single midpipe I bought off another forum member and still saved a couple hundred $$
Yep -- after similar quotes, I'm just gonna do it all myself. Turn it into a whole afternoon and give it a nice detail as well.

Nice call on the AA Midpipe as well. I've been thinking about that same item.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 05:40 PM   #6
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsobj View Post
Quote:

Yep -- after similar quotes, I'm just gonna do it all myself. Turn it into a whole afternoon and give it a nice detail as well.

I highly recommend it. I didn't get the equal length because, frankly, I didn't think it sounded any better and wasn't worth the additional cost to me. I got mine for only $600

I was originally looking at getting downpipes but the labor, passing emissions, and additional cost persuaded me to just start with a midpipe.

It made a huge difference, especially when driving with spirit. Occasional pops and burbles, slightly louder, and more throaty (non-ZCP). Install was under 3 hours. Honestly you could probably get your maintenance done and the midpipe in a single day
Appreciate 2
SCS55291.00
      04-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #7
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsobj View Post
Quote:

I highly recommend it. I didn't get the equal length because, frankly, I didn't think it sounded any better and wasn't worth the additional cost to me. I got mine for only $600

I was originally looking at getting downpipes but the labor, passing emissions, and additional cost persuaded me to just start with a midpipe.

It made a huge difference, especially when driving with spirit. Occasional pops and burbles, slightly louder, and more throaty (non-ZCP). Install was under 3 hours. Honestly you could probably get your maintenance done and the midpipe in a single day
What time time should I bring my car over ?
Appreciate 3
SCS55291.00
      05-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #8
zillymc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 | Tanzanite

I have this same scenario - my car is coming up in September for 3yr, but only have 13k miles on it. It's also a lease and I do plan to buy it out because I love this thing. I also have BMW Ultimate Care+ (3 years / 36,000 miles).

I'm assuming I can take this in a month before and they'd perform the plugs, brake fluid change, etc. and it would be covered by my existing Ultimate Care+ plan?