Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2021, 10:32 PM   #111
fiveohwblow
Captain
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
1685
Rep
897
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Got the same message. I could care less for antilag. Im in it for flex fuel and il gladly
Pay the $450
Flex fuel seems the move since we canít do the custom maps integrated with ots. My question is, if you run the flex and have E85, will we make as much power as the custom Paul and Cary tunes?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #112
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
366
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Flex fuel seems the move since we canít do the custom maps integrated with ots. My question is, if you run the flex and have E85, will we make as much power as the custom Paul and Cary tunes?
Definitely seems the way to go for now, assuming you dont have any custom tunes yet. Im trying to figure out what I need to run FF.

Hoping this changes in the future and we can create our own Roster of maps instead of the pre-determined ones.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 10:43 PM   #113
fiveohwblow
Captain
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
1685
Rep
897
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Definitely seems the way to go for now, assuming you dont have any custom tunes yet. Im trying to figure out what I need to run FF.

Hoping this changes in the future and we can create our own Roster of maps instead of the pre-determined ones.
Iíve already a Jordan tuned E85 map Iím running now which is why Iím hesitant. If I can achieve similar power and have freedom to pump 91-e100 in my tank and not look back I want it. If I sacrifice lots of power, I guess this whole update means jack shit to me.
Appreciate 1
TideMD212.00

      03-10-2021, 10:46 PM   #114
F80_Greg
Private First Class
F80_Greg's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Buddy of mine just confirmed rolling antilag works for his OTS stage 2 91 tune. Looks like us custom tune guys are shit out of luck for now. Either that or somethings wrong on my end
__________________
2017 F80 M3 ZCP 6MT, Full Bolt Ons, Pure Stage 2 Turbos, E85 Fuel, BMP Port Injection, PR LPFP, AIC PI Controller, BM3 Custom Tune by Cary Jordan.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #115
m4h2o
Second Lieutenant
m4h2o's Avatar
127
Rep
269
Posts

Drives: 16 M4
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Got the same message. I could care less for antilag. Im in it for flex fuel and il gladly
Pay the $450
Flex fuel seems the move since we can’t do the custom maps integrated with ots. My question is, if you run the flex and have E85, will we make as much power as the custom Paul and Cary tunes?
That is a great question.. im going back and fourth with them and will find out. Thing that sucks
For me is i just recently bough jordans custom e85 tune in January. Havent even had a chance to data log and send it for revisions.. shit i havent even filled my tank with e85 yet.
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2021, 10:55 PM   #116
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
366
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Iíve already a Jordan tuned E85 map Iím running now which is why Iím hesitant. If I can achieve similar power and have freedom to pump 91-e100 in my tank and not look back I want it. If I sacrifice lots of power, I guess this whole update means jack shit to me.
I would imagine you would sacrifice some power, as to a % I have no idea. The OTS are definitely going to be on the conservative side. Probably so conservative youll be disappointed.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 11:20 PM   #117
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
366
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I'm running OTS tunes still so I'm definitely looking at getting setup for FF just trying to see about installation instructions and the right items needed.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #118
TopJimmy
Lieutenant Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
1343
Rep
1,806
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
I'm running OTS tunes still so I'm definitely looking at getting setup for FF just trying to see about installation instructions and the right items needed.
The Stg2 MultiMap on 70% E made 545WHP/575WTQ, and Cary prolly gets you 595WHP on 85% E.
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | FBOs | Kies Hub | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | 7 seconds 60-130
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2021, 12:02 AM   #119
F80_Greg
Private First Class
F80_Greg's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone with a custom tune confirm they have converted over to the new Custom Rom map by clicking the button on their my maps page? I'd like to know if the issue I'm having is just with me or for all custom tunes, i have verified that OTS maps work with antilag.
__________________
2017 F80 M3 ZCP 6MT, Full Bolt Ons, Pure Stage 2 Turbos, E85 Fuel, BMP Port Injection, PR LPFP, AIC PI Controller, BM3 Custom Tune by Cary Jordan.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:05 AM   #120
Marrow
New Member
9
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 comp & E46 M3 vert
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Yorkshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
This launch does not seem to be going over well at all lol.
Agreed !
Like everyone I expected to be able to customise map slots I have no interest in anti lag tbh or flex fuel.

Long awaited update has been pointless for me and I imagine others feel the same.
I imagine it's a big pay day for tuners and PTF though.Thats what it's all about though I get that.
Maybe I miss read the pre release info and videos ?

Still a great platform
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2021, 07:37 AM   #121
BYT_M4C
Enlisted Member
United_States
27
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: '20 M4C, '73 Cuda, '98 RSTi
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Poconos, PA

iTrader: (0)

Spent the last hr pushing my car home.... After trying to flash my converted Rom last night and then stopping at the warning I posted on pg5, I figured it did nothing. I was wrong. It started fine last night and then this morning. I made it out of my driveway and down the hill before it started spitting and sputtering, then died and wouldn't start. I of course didn't have my laptop because (I thought) it didn't flash anything last night.

Opened the app on my phone and read codes, code for no electronic fuel pump found. Cleared it but still wouldn't start. My wife drove my laptop down to me so I could check with ista. Showed the car was in transport mode so I figured I would try and flash my regular f80paul tune. Couldn't flash with my phone because the app wasn't updated yet and it said I needed an updated version of obd agent. Couldn't get my laptop to connect to my phone's Hotspot to get into bootmod3.... Good start to the day lol

We gave up and decided to push it home. I have a dct car, took a good 5-10 mins to figure out a combination to trick it to stay in neutral. Then we pushed a 1/4 mile uphill. Didnt realize just how out of shape I was until this morning. When I made it back into my garage and had wifi available I flashed it with my regular F80Paul tune. It ended up doing a full flash, so eventhough I stopped it at the warning last night, it had still flashed SOMETHING to the car causing the issue. After the flash the car started up fine. I took the truck today to not chance something. I'll test drive it tonight with my laptop and MiFi with me this time!

Before someone asks why I didn't just drag it home, I have to fix that problem this weekend. We own a new duramax, which is great, but I have a sub in my trunk and the box just covers the trunk carpet enough that I couldn't flip it up to get the tow hook out. Box is securely mounted as well. So I need to spend an hr this weekend to get the hook out just in case I need it in the future


Cliffs: I'm a dumbass and should know better

Last edited by BYT_M4C; 03-11-2021 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
jpy19801466.00

      03-11-2021, 11:26 AM   #122
c4ss
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: F80 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Philly

iTrader: (0)

Yikes. Probably holding off until these issues are worked out. I'm custom tuned too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #123
BYT_M4C
Enlisted Member
United_States
27
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: '20 M4C, '73 Cuda, '98 RSTi
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Poconos, PA

iTrader: (0)

I think mine was more my own issue of not just forcing the flash with the custom ROM but I was nervous to brick it. Turns out I prolly should've just went ahead OR at the very least reflashed with the Paul Stg2 tune to be safe. Im talking with them now and waiting for Dzenan to get back to me still about the warning message.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #124
HyeM3
Lieutenant
HyeM3's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

Experiencing the same issue as Greg where anti lag on my custom tune doesn't do shit. This sure is quite the update...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #125
chewbakam4
Major
chewbakam4's Avatar
639
Rep
1,057
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Experiencing the same issue as Greg where anti lag on my custom tune doesn't do shit. This sure is quite the update...
It works for me. No need to be a negative Nancy on every post you make its getting tiring reading them. I for one appreciate and applaud their enormous efforts in bringing all these features out after working so long on them. Sure there will be some kinks but just email them and they can check why it doesnít work for you. Theyíre a great bunch with awesome customer service and havenít left anyone hanging or ignored. My 2c
Appreciate 3
TideMD212.00
jpy19801466.00

      03-11-2021, 02:33 PM   #126
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
366
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
Agreed !
Like everyone I expected to be able to customise map slots I have no interest in anti lag tbh or flex fuel.

Long awaited update has been pointless for me and I imagine others feel the same.
I imagine it's a big pay day for tuners and PTF though.Thats what it's all about though I get that.
Maybe I miss read the pre release info and videos ?

Still a great platform
Definitely a great platform. There was obviously just some miscommunication/interpretation. Im still pretty stoked about the update...only issue is it has me getting ready to spend big bucks on a Bend Calibration Flex Fuel system haha.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:47 PM   #127
HyeM3
Lieutenant
HyeM3's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
It works for me. No need to be a negative Nancy on every post you make its getting tiring reading them. I for one appreciate and applaud their enormous efforts in bringing all these features out after working so long on them. Sure there will be some kinks but just email them and they can check why it doesn't work for you. They're a great bunch with awesome customer service and haven't left anyone hanging or ignored. My 2c
Lmao what are you talking about I made like 2 or 3 posts about all the features they mislead us on for the past 8 months. I would think I'm allowed to be a tad bit disappointed in this. I'm not even that concerned with anti lag, I was just looking forward to map switching which they told us would be free and that we can switch in and out any map we choose into the 4 configurable slots but none of that is true
Appreciate 1
F80_Greg126.50

      03-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #128
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3901
Rep
1,758
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Lmao what are you talking about I made like 2 or 3 posts about all the features they mislead us on for the past 8 months. I would think I'm allowed to be a tad bit disappointed in this. I'm not even that concerned with anti lag, I was just looking forward to map switching which they told us would be free and that we can switch in and out any map we choose into the 4 configurable slots but none of that is true
Hi HyeM3
I'm sincerely sorry that you feel we mislead you as far as giving the end user the ability to self-bundle various maps into map slots. This is a feature that's been mentioned and asked about on the forum and, as we've said back then as well, we're looking into it as a feature. It isn't part of our initial release as we wanted to get everything out that has already been developed and working and not push dates out further. Hope that clarifies on it, although we realize that it may not have been in line with your expectations.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #129
HyeM3
Lieutenant
HyeM3's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
I'm sincerely sorry that you feel we mislead you as far as giving the end user the ability to self-bundle various maps into map slots. This is a feature that's been mentioned and asked about on the forum and, as we've said back then as well, we're looking into it as a feature. It isn't part of our initial release as we wanted to get everything out that has already been developed and working and not push dates out further. Hope that clarifies on it, although we realize that it may not have been with your expectations.
If it's in the works then that's all that matters. Bugs and such with antilag are totally understandable. I was just afraid some features were never going to come, especially map switching. Just miscommunication on everybody's end I guess. Will be looking forward to it, do whatever you gotta do to bring that functionality to us👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #130
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3901
Rep
1,758
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
This launch does not seem to be going over well at all lol.
In software/IT in general, we don't release on Fridays for these reasons. We avoided that but still had the inevitable although not as bad as some in past lives/projects all issues on this release have been sorted through though quickly yesterday and few minor left which are going out soon software releases and post-release kinks, like peanut butter and jelly
Appreciate 1
rborane188.50

      03-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #131
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
366
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
In software/IT in general, we don't release on Fridays for these reasons. We avoided that but still had the inevitable although not as bad as some in past lives/projects all issues on this release have been sorted through though quickly yesterday and few minor left which are going out soon software releases and post-release kinks, like peanut butter and jelly
No worries! Im still a fan and cant wait to flash it this weekend. Keep up the great work my dudes!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 04:54 PM   #132
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
jpy1980's Avatar
United_States
1466
Rep
1,907
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
It works for me. No need to be a negative Nancy on every post you make its getting tiring reading them. I for one appreciate and applaud their enormous efforts in bringing all these features out after working so long on them. Sure there will be some kinks but just email them and they can check why it doesnít work for you. Theyíre a great bunch with awesome customer service and havenít left anyone hanging or ignored. My 2c
Hows the antilag? Like what does it feel like? Do you do it on the freeway or on the road? Is it like pressing the NOS button? hahahaha
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
antilag, bm3, bmw, bmw m3, bmw m4, bootmod3, flex fuel, map switching, rolling antilag

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST