Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

06-21-2019, 12:14 AM   #1
Antic5
German Spitz
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Chassis Vibration 60-80mph Rectified

Hey guys and gals! Just posting this due to the fact that it took two months to figure out, puma case, all kinds of parts and a regional technician. I hate seeing posts where someone has an issue and we never see what the fix was.

Long story short I had a reasonably bad vibration under acceleration after 60mph under any gear. I brought the car into the dealer and they started to check things...

New tires, balancing and alignment the first round. This did nothing to change things.

Next came the drive shaft which was replaced with no change.

After that we changed a cracked right rear control arm bushing and rear diff bushings with no difference.

Finally what fixed the problem was replacing both rear axle shafts. My baby is back and no longer do I have any vibrations at all.

Hopefully this helps someone else with a similar issue. It can be a bear trying to track this stuff down and so frustrating.

The service work list is extensive, I am happy to share it with anyone that is experiencing a similar problem.

Happy driving everyone!
      06-22-2019, 01:22 AM   #2
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antic5 View Post
Hey guys and gals! Just posting this due to the fact that it took two months to figure out, puma case, all kinds of parts and a regional technician. I hate seeing posts where someone has an issue and we never see what the fix was.

Long story short I had a reasonably bad vibration under acceleration after 60mph under any gear. I brought the car into the dealer and they started to check things...

New tires, balancing and alignment the first round. This did nothing to change things.

Next came the drive shaft which was replaced with no change.

After that we changed a cracked right rear control arm bushing and rear diff bushings with no difference.

Finally what fixed the problem was replacing both rear axle shafts. My baby is back and no longer do I have any vibrations at all.

Hopefully this helps someone else with a similar issue. It can be a bear trying to track this stuff down and so frustrating.

The service work list is extensive, I am happy to share it with anyone that is experiencing a similar problem.

Happy driving everyone!
Thanks for sharing

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0