Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

07-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

2016 M4 stock coding questions (NON-ZCP)

Hello fellow M owners,

I picked up my 2016 F82 AW Non-ZCP 6MT about 8 months ago and really love the car, after buying the car and doing some extensive research really wish I had bought the ZCP. Didn't think it was that big of a difference at the time and the car only had 8k miles compared to getting a ZCP for more and having more miles.

Anyways, I've been looking into coding recently and really want the car to drive a bit different. Can someone explain to me if it's worth getting the CS EDC or ZCP EDC coding? If so which one? How is it worth it? Read some post saying that the hardware is different and it will cause problems?

Too many answers and I'm not sure which one is true.

Also, are there any other coding options that'll improve the performance? I'm aware of the tune but does not want to touch that at the moment, also please note I have a 6MT! GTS DCT tuning is not an option haha.

Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
RustySeatbelt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Can you explain what you mean by drive a bit different? Just looking for a little more detail on what you are after.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #3
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySeatbelt View Post
Can you explain what you mean by drive a bit different? Just looking for a little more detail on what you are after.
In terms of handling (Steering feel) and suspension feel, I don't feel a difference when I change the EDC at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #4
RustySeatbelt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
I think that is a pretty accurate statement. With my stock ZCP suspension the difference between the two wasn't all that noticable, really the difference o felt was that the CS EDC was a little more harsh. It never felt planted coming out of a corner when I tried to put power down, instead it felt flat and the rear was even worse than with the stock ZCP coding. It was also too quick to rebound over bumps. It felt like being on a trampoline sometimes. Without changing the suspension I don't really think either one makes that much of a difference, but personally I preffered to leave it on my stock EDC. After having the MP HAS installed I went back to the CS EDC. It feels much more planted going into and coming out of corners. I would say its much more controlled and less "on edge" than on the ZCP EDC. I can still lose the back fairly easy, but it is much harder with CS than ZCP EDC. It just doesn't feel as twitchy. It also manages the bumps much more smoothly than it did on my stock ZCP suspension with CS EDC.

I also switched to the PS4S tires vs the PSS. Not a major change, but they do feel like they have improved corner grip as well. They've definitely reduced road noise and harshness over bumps.
Appreciate 0