BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #23
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS, 16 F150, 19 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
Sorry but they are very different, most notably in the steering dept.

The Giulia actually has steering feedback and it's very quick while the M3 is dead as can be and you really have to throw it into the turn and put your faith that the car will go where you want. The Giulia feels smaller when you drive it since it does transitions so well. The Giulia doesn't need artificial steering stiffness to make it feel better, it doesn't fight you, it flows with you.

I don't mean to contradict you, I just want to make sure people reading this review understand that you're not comparing an M3 vs an M3 ZCP, M3 CS or even dare I say an M4GTS. These cars all have similar driving characteristics and dynamics but when comparing to the Giulia, forget everything and realize that this a different animal altogether.
Sorry? I have a very different opinion than you and I’m not sorry. Give us a break, the M3/4 have less feel than the Quads steering, but to say you have to throw it into a turn and have faith where it will go is crazy. They’ve always been very direct and go where you point them with confidence in front end grip. Now the rear end on the early version civic M3/4 was a bit wild, but they’ve definitely fixed that with the ZCP/CS.

I had a ZCP M3 previously and that is what I’m comparing it to as I test drove both (Giulia Quad vs ZCP M3) fairly extensively. I had a very hard time choosing as both cars are very good. Are there differences, of course, completely different animals? Not even close IMO.
Appreciate 2
allinon721034.50
Arcades2115.00

07-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #24
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Sorry? I have a very different opinion than you and I’m not sorry. Give us a break, the M3/4 have less feel than the Quads steering, but to say you have to throw it into a turn and have faith where it will go is crazy. They’ve always been very direct and go where you point them with confidence in front end grip. Now the rear end on the early version civic M3/4 was a bit wild, but they’ve definitely fixed that with the ZCP/CS.

I had a ZCP M3 previously and that is what I’m comparing it to as I test drove both (Giulia Quad vs ZCP M3) fairly extensively. I had a very hard time choosing as both cars are very good. Are there differences, of course, completely different animals? Not even close IMO.
I have said this a few times, when it comes to cars now a days. They are all fairly the same. The details are different of course but it is just personal preference at the end of the day. Those of you who say certain cars at this range are "extremely" different are basically lying.

Porsche 911s are definitely different, as they are made completely different from the base up. M3, C63, Giulia QV, RS5 Coupe/Sportback all do the same thing with twists from their brands. Unless you track, which 90% of you don't. Saying "steering is confidence inspiring" is just full crap. If you don't have confidence in steering on the street, you don't deserve to have a damn license.

Every car has CCBs at this range, and hosts of other things that you expect from cars at 70k+. It is all down to what you want in a car and that is what you end up getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 2
minn195309.50
Fuller545.50

07-12-2019, 08:28 PM   #25
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
"Who buys a car like this for reliability anyway"
"I've had no problems whatsoever at 10k miles"
"Yea but Ferrari engine"
"Yea but Italian design"

Responses I'd imagine you'd get on BMW forums from Alfa fanboi trolls
Fixed that for you
Arcades2115.00
minn195309.50

07-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #26
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Fixed that for you
Pretty much says the same about Maserati and see how they are doing eh. In about a year or two, when Ferrari stops building engines for Maserati, I want to see what they say after.

I just took a family friend to Benz as her lease is ending on her Maserati Quattroporte. She doesn't want to get into another Maserati because, car is too damn long, the car catches way to much attention (mainly bad ones apparently), you have to change brake pads AND rotors at 20k mileage (what?), resale value suck, interior is iffy at best.

She has apparently settled at the Benz E53 Copue at the moment. I recommended the 63 but, E63 has no coupe version and... you know girls love their darn coupes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 2
CanAutM39958.00
minn195309.50