BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

07-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 AY M4 - 2012 Nissan GTR

Austin Yellow / Dr Chip ? Anyone herr with experience with it

Hey guys.

Front bumper isn't wrapped... and it's pretty sad the paint quality on a 100k car is as cheap as any mediocre car. I literally get paint chips from smashing flies and bugs at 100MPH...

Anone have any experiencewith dr chip? I'm thinking of ordering it, and picking up down in NY.. as we don't have it in Canada ( of course.. )

BMW touchup paint is horrible.. I might as well return it, and the service manager could use it as a butt plug.

If anyone has any before / after pics. Would appreciate it. I'm at the point of spending the 1k, getting it repainted and wrapping it
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #2
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

I used Dr. Colorchip on my last car, and have some on hand for my M3 but haven't put it to use yet. It does a pretty good job covering chips and such, but it's not going to look perfect, or as good as a proper respray. But, from a few feet away, it'll cover rock chips and such, and they won't be very noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #3
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

you have a 2016 and are complaining about rock chips while driving 100MPH...what are you expecting? Any manufacture bumper will chip up pretty easy at those speeds, let alone show chips after 3+ years.

1 or two, Dr color chip will work. If you have 100's, then repaint it and clear bra it and call it completed the right way. Your repaint will chip way faster this time around without film, at least here in cali it would with the crap paint we have to use.
Appreciate 0