BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #67
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I just tried using Carly but it wouldn't let me close the window's and open the door and wouldn't allow folding mirrors with Comfort Access. Has anyone been able to get these coded with Carly?
Thanks.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #68
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I just tried using Carly but it wouldn't let me close the window's and open the door and wouldn't allow folding mirrors with Comfort Access. Has anyone been able to get these coded with Carly?
Thanks.
Bimmercode will do this; don't believe Carly does this.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 04:21 AM   #69
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Bimmercode will do this; don't believe Carly does this.
Carly has been a HUGE let down.
I'm $150 into the app and dongle and don't want to spend another $150 for BimmerCode.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #70
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thanks.
I had no problem with those features on any of the cars I've coded with Carly including my F82.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #71
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
I had no problem with those features on any of the cars I've coded with Carly including my F82.
Do you need a package to code the folding mirrors?
I thought the car comes with comfort access?
Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #72
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

I'm not sure what you mean by needing a package... My car has the Comfort Access and folding mirrors of course but coding it to fold the mirrors when I use the CA was a simple option to select. There's a separate option where you choose the delay before it does that and raise the windows though; if you didn't set that to 0 you'd need to hold the CA for however long the default delay is before they'd fold/raise.
Appreciate 0