Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
Wilsonv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

M4 USB media malfunciton

Hello, not sure if its the wrong place..

Long story short, after a good 3 months / 10,000km of ownership, the USB port below the armrest starts playing games. I have my ipod cable connected, and out of no where, now it refuses to work properly. It goes on and off on and off rapidly, as if something is loose or the connection is working and not working.

I called the dealer, and of course.. they say i need to buy the bmw cable... But can anyone here help..?

I've had numerous bmw before and normal white ipod cable plug and play works fine...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #2
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO/SO F80 & 135 M-Sport

Garage List
I would try another iPod cable…I had one of those go bad once and that could be the issue.
///M3 SO/SO / MT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg. / Adaptive Suspension / Enhanced USB / HK / Full Front XPEL / 35 Tint / MODS: Custom painted engine cover and grill surrounds, Pedal Haus Kit, M-Performance Alcantara shifter/boot & e-brake boot, carbon e-brake handle, wrapped seat shells/rear headrests, M-Performance Spoiler with CRT Stripe.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Roadkiller
Philosophiae Doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 BSM

This happened to me twice with my E90 M3. I bought two Y cables only to find out the cables were going bad on me so I stopped using them. My wife tried a similar Y cable in her 2015 Mini Cooper and it still didn't work. Each time, I was told by BMW to "buy a new cable." As you know, the Y cables are not cheap so we both now use the white cables that came with our iPhones. No problems now.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
Jim300186
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

I had the same problem with my iPhone only thing that fixed it after numerous cables was the Bmw lead
Appreciate 0