EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Jbravo33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

CEL after detune and drive cycle inspection problems.

So after detuning my f82 to get an inspection sticker I’m now having issues with the cel light. Tuner sent me a file to put everything back to stock. I do have downpipes and seems that when I complete drive cycle engine light comes on. While engine light is on I could technically pass an inspection as far as the sensors are concerned. But when I had a buddy clear the cel I then have to do the drive cycle beacuse two sensors are unsupported. Once I complete cycle light pops on and even though it’s good as far as sensors they will not pass me with a cel light on. Anyway to bypass or shut off that light on dash without having to do a drive cycle? Worst case I take cats off but just trying to get sticker without the hassle.
Appreciate 0