Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #89
pb12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
I have to respectfully question your observation. I also did drive my own GT3RS (with PCCB) and my friend car who already get rid of them back to back. With all honesty I could not detect ANY difference in steering or handling. There is some theoretical advantage of PCCB in this regard but I could not detect any. I have to say that his PFC rotors with PFC I believe 01 compound were better than the PCCB with the standard green pagids.
So in my opinion - for GT3RS- the steels are better brakes. Not just cheaper but really better than PCCB. This is due to pad selection.
I stand by my observation re: steering feel. Quite frankly the difference was pretty stark. I am not in a position to comment re: "handling". I was not able to push the car with the steel brakes as I only drove it on the street. The steering was noticeably heavier however.

M
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #90
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

My biggest fear with CCB's is rocks/ pebbles in the road chipping the rotor, are they really that prone to damage?

I've only read second hand stories about Porsche guys chipping CCB rotors, I haven't heard of any current M5/M6 guys with CCBs having any problems.

Will rough roads damage these rotors that easily?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #91
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

has anyone found steel rotors to replace the carbon ceramic once with?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #92
sham4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

CCB, icing on the M4 cake

I have CCB on my M4 and they do look amazing, really amazing, worth it for that reason alone! Seriously my mates 911 discs looked pathetic in comparison.

They do feel pretty dam good having driving them relatively hard but haven't tried the standard ones to provide a fair comparison. On the track I have no doubt they will be epic as per most reviews including Chris Harris who I think is a great journalist. Every BM I've had in the past, including a CSL, have been awful on the track due to brakes.

DO IT, buy them, don't worry about resale value, that's not why you buy an M car!! As Clarkson once said 'having a car that can do 180mph+ isn't because you are necessarily going to do that speed, just good to know you could if you wanted to'. Same with CCB, just good to know you have them...,

Saying all that, I must admit the bedding in process was interesting! Completed today!
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #93
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
the bling is worth it and you get awesome brakes for free!

I retrofitted them and they are amazing...

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #94
turbologist
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Those are sexy indeed...
Appreciate 0