proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

04-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #45
xxaarraa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HA55L3R View Post
Hey it hit 95 here last summer lol most of the track days around here aren't that bad though.

Lower ambient temps helps to a degree but the problem with our brakes are that they do a poor job of dissipating heat, the faster you go the more you'll realize this. Removing the heat shields, adding brake ducts and titanium shims help but on faster tracks like the glen i still burn through a set of brake pads a day. I just picked up some girodisc rotors which should help, i think for the stock calipers that's best setup you can do
Girodisc will be a HUGE step up. That's what I run and they do an excellent job dissipating heat.
Appreciate 1
HA55L3R17.00

04-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #46
irokdayellup
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' F80 M3

I'm on the fence if I want to get new OEM rotors from FCP Euro or jump up to the Girodisc. I need to replace them before my next event.

I dont have heat issues yet but I could see them coming the faster I get. Little bit of heat dissipation vs the fcp lifetime warranty. Not sure which will work out better in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 07:42 AM   #47
xxaarraa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokdayellup View Post
I'm on the fence if I want to get new OEM rotors from FCP Euro or jump up to the Girodisc. I need to replace them before my next event.

I dont have heat issues yet but I could see them coming the faster I get. Little bit of heat dissipation vs the fcp lifetime warranty. Not sure which will work out better in the long run.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...+for+track+use
Appreciate 0