Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-10-2022, 05:34 PM   #23
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
The M4 CS has more go fast parts compared to the M3 CS and has a faster Nurburgring time.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1438269
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 07:06 PM   #24
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
The M4 CS has more go fast parts compared to the M3 CS and has a faster Nurburgring time.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1438269
3 seconds on the ring is nothing. Time of day, temperature, tire wear, weight of the driver etc could easily account for the 3 sec deviation. Besides, I doubt any non-professional driver will be able to extract an equivalent level of performance on the street or their local track. I wouldn't doubt though that the slightly lower M4 CS is probably an advantage to highly skilled drivers.

I like the M4CS because of the taillights, but the two tone silverstone interior is much much nicer in the M3CS. The M4CS, of course, is sexier because it's a coupe, but the M3 CS is also the most beautiful sedan ever made, at least in my opinion.

OP, I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if you like coupes, don't let the lack of reviews for the M4 CS stop you, it's basically the same car, and like alex2364 said, it's probably a fraction faster if you are as good as the BMW factory drivers!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      01-11-2022, 08:59 PM   #25
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
I'm almost 2 years into owning my M3CS and I'm in awe of it every day. It's bone stock and it's perfect in every way. I came from an M2 and for me it's miles better.

Here's some data on the production numbers.
Attached Images

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 02:33 PM   #26
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition

Might not make any difference to you given what you said but at 6ft, my head touches the roof on the rear of the M4 (and M2) which is not great…I have been looking and trying to decide if I was going with the M3,4 or 2CS…funny enough when talking to the selling guys at different BMW (and independent) dealerships they all recommended going with the M3C because they all said it drives a bit better and keeps it’s value better as well. This can’t have been BS because them saying that actually got them out of a potential sale, and that’s how I could trust it was an honest opinion.
Although in yours shoes I would look further and get a Porsche. M850i would be a good option as well!?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:04 AM   #27
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbcarmona View Post
Might not make any difference to you given what you said but at 6ft, my head touches the roof on the rear of the M4 (and M2) which is not great…I have been looking and trying to decide if I was going with the M3,4 or 2CS…funny enough when talking to the selling guys at different BMW (and independent) dealerships they all recommended going with the M3C because they all said it drives a bit better and keeps it’s value better as well. This can’t have been BS because them saying that actually got them out of a potential sale, and that’s how I could trust it was an honest opinion.
Although in yours shoes I would look further and get a Porsche. M850i would be a good option as well!?
I appreciate the perspective, thanks.

As far as a Porsche, that would have been one of my top two choices (a 911, or one of these BMW's we've been discussing). However, used Porsche prices have been, and continue to be completely insane. There is a 2011 911 GTS that I am very fond of. I was looking at them about four years ago. At the time, a mint condition car with mileage under 10k, was going for $71-73k. With the current issues of COVID factory shutdowns, parts factory shutdowns, minimal production, chip shortages, etc., that same car, four years later, and currently over ten years old, is going for $98-105k. Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 02:22 AM   #28
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Curious how you will use this car? Daily driver or weekend car? Nice weather or year round? How long will you keep this car?
Have you considered or priced used M5Comps? What about a lease on a G80comp and save ur cash?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 08:56 AM   #29
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO-BMW View Post
I appreciate the perspective, thanks.

As far as a Porsche, that would have been one of my top two choices (a 911, or one of these BMW's we've been discussing). However, used Porsche prices have been, and continue to be completely insane. There is a 2011 911 GTS that I am very fond of. I was looking at them about four years ago. At the time, a mint condition car with mileage under 10k, was going for $71-73k. With the current issues of COVID factory shutdowns, parts factory shutdowns, minimal production, chip shortages, etc., that same car, four years later, and currently over ten years old, is going for $98-105k. Ridiculous.
I'll never understand the Porsche market.
      01-17-2022, 12:51 AM   #30
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Curious how you will use this car? Daily driver or weekend car? Nice weather or year round? How long will you keep this car?
Have you considered or priced used M5Comps? What about a lease on a G80comp and save ur cash?
The car would be driven at most, twice a week (mid-April, through late November), and taken on occasional weekend trips. I plan on keeping the car eight years, or more.

Leases on a G80 Comp would be insanely high, and given how long I plan to own the car, doesn't make sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 01:52 AM   #31
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO-BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
The car would be driven at most, twice a week (mid-April, through late November), and taken on occasional weekend trips. I plan on keeping the car eight years, or more.

Leases on a G80 Comp would be insanely high, and given how long I plan to own the car, doesn't make sense.
Yep - then a M3 or M4 CS would be a winner and you wouldn't lose much in depreciation 8 years out.

That said a regular 18 M3 comp or 2018 to 2020 M4 comp might also be an option. Both great cars and you'd have more exterior colors to choose from plus the SO interior is the sexiest and not available on any CS. Comp pack cars are also a bit more comfortable with arm rest, dual zone climate, door handles and comfort access. Find a low mileage car and it also won't depreciate much. To get closer to CS - you can buy a set of 763 M wheels with cup 2 tires direct from BMW which will improve the overall feel vs the comp pack 666 wheels.

Good luck with your decisions.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #32
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Someone get this M4CS, they don't come often on this specific spec and its loaded
Same spec as my M4CS.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

or
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf

Last edited by Wanted_M; 01-17-2022 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:50 PM   #33
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Someone get this M4CS, they don't come often on this specific spec and its loaded
Same spec as my M4CS.

or
Seems like a very sketch dealership on the first one - reviews are not good. There was another M3 CS I posted for a very below market price, but turned out that dealership (also in NYC region) has a practice of advertising very low then raiding the prices significantly when a potential customer comes in. Might have been this dealership actually

https://www.cars.com/dealers/5376943/26-motors-corp/
Wanted_M750.00
      01-18-2022, 04:25 AM   #34
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I just bought out my M3 CS lease, and can’t say enough good things about the car. Now is the time to get one, as the last wave of leases is ending. The prices are already moving north a lot.
Appreciate 1
spidy512491.50
      03-16-2022, 09:55 PM   #35
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

Is the M3 CS really that much more limited than the M4 CS? Although they allowed unlimited orders for the M4 for the roughly 2 years of release time, I heard that there was not many purchases made in the end, and final production numbers were similar to the final numbers of the M3 CS… the thing is BMW did not release the details for M4 CS sales like they did for the M3 CS so this may just be speculation.

In regards to looks, I had my pick between both the M3 CS and the M4 CS and I think the M4 looks way more streamlined and unique. There are some things you WILL NOT get with the M3 CS that I did not want to pass up on… for example, the unique door cards and the OLED taillights… these quirks are what easily differentiate this model from M4 comp and base models. For me personally, I have been driving 3 series sedans my entire life so the switch to a coupe was a nice refresh as well.

In regards to cost, are you sure that the M3 CS is going to be worth more than the M4 CS overtime? At release, the M3 was listed as the lower cost model and from my research for my own purchase, I noticed that the costs were about the same with most M4 CS models actually edging out the M3 CS is resale (with similar specs).
      03-16-2022, 11:06 PM   #36
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskariah View Post
Is the M3 CS really that much more limited than the M4 CS? Although they allowed unlimited orders for the M4 for the roughly 2 years of release time, I heard that there was not many purchases made in the end, and final production numbers were similar to the final numbers of the M3 CS… the thing is BMW did not release the details for M4 CS sales like they did for the M3 CS so this may just be speculation.

In regards to looks, I had my pick between both the M3 CS and the M4 CS and I think the M4 looks way more streamlined and unique. There are some things you WILL NOT get with the M3 CS that I did not want to pass up on… for example, the unique door cards and the OLED taillights… these quirks are what easily differentiate this model from M4 comp and base models. For me personally, I have been driving 3 series sedans my entire life so the switch to a coupe was a nice refresh as well.

In regards to cost, are you sure that the M3 CS is going to be worth more than the M4 CS overtime? At release, the M3 was listed as the lower cost model and from my research for my own purchase, I noticed that the costs were about the same with most M4 CS models actually edging out the M3 CS is resale (with similar specs).
3CS was limited to 1200 and 1MY, I believe 4CS were meant to top out at 3000 and they made at least 2000 of them over 3MY (2MY in the US). The 4CS is definitely the one to get if you want to maximize performance and have more of a club sport feel (a la GTS seats & door cards, more basic sound system, etc.).

The 3CS in the US will likely retain more of its relative value over time due to the preference for 4 doors here - F80s are more limited in supply and have a greater demand here. That's even considering that the 4CS has much more expensive equipment... the tails alone are worth $6k! But the preference for the 3 chassis seems to just be an idiosyncrasy about the US market. This is not so in the rest of the world from what I understand as coupes are more desired.
jtskariah130.00