European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-28-2021, 11:53 AM   #89
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
I don't understand the argument about speed.

It is completely factual that an M4/3 is just a way faster car than an RS5 in everything but a dig. It has higher power capacity, a bulletproof power plant, a super aggressive DCT, etc.
It's not factual as proven by the video I posted.

Quote:
The RS5 is a big boat that does nothing better but AWD and fantastic understeering.
Me thinks you have never driven it. And don't tell the G80 AWD folks their car is a big boat - they won't like you

Quote:
Looks wise the RS5 is boring and has 0 road presence imo, it looks like an S5, soft body lines. Ditto with the C63S which i can never tell from an E43 AMG.
Ah, I think you might be one of the three people in the world that finds the RS5 looks boring. In fact, side by side with a F80 M3, I doubt many people would say the RS5 was less boring - let's be honest, only true BMW fan boys would say the RS5 has 0 road presence.

Quote:
I don't get why any of this is even a conversation, not many people are building out RS5's on big power meanwhile you have a ton of F8X's.
Wait, are we in the modded thread here?

Quote:
The RS5 is more exclusive though because people don't want it which can be a positive but that's about it. I have never driven an RS5 but i have the S5 and past about 120 km/h it can't move and it feels heavy in corners but is actually quite comfy. It's sterile.
ah, so you have not driven the RS5. Glad we confirmed that. I will say, putting the car into sport mode (dynamic mode) changed the behavior drastically on my test drive. Which included a small test tack where I was able to go crazy and not be on the road.

That said, I think they sold every RS5 they made - worse, they didn't make a 2020 so into late 2020 they were still selling the 2019s and they sold well and quick. I think plenty of people want it. That said, I'm not sure where you are getting your sales figures from - as I don't think either mfg posts them. Either way, I would say that most of the RS5s I looked at were considerably more money than the M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #90
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
I don't understand the argument about speed.

It is completely factual that an M4/3 is just a way faster car than an RS5 in everything but a dig. It has higher power capacity, a bulletproof power plant, a super aggressive DCT, etc.
It's not factual as proven by the video I posted.

Quote:
The RS5 is a big boat that does nothing better but AWD and fantastic understeering.
Me thinks you have never driven it. And don't tell the G80 AWD folks their car is a big boat - they won't like you

Quote:
Looks wise the RS5 is boring and has 0 road presence imo, it looks like an S5, soft body lines. Ditto with the C63S which i can never tell from an E43 AMG.
Ah, I think you might be one of the three people in the world that finds the RS5 looks boring. In fact, side by side with a F80 M3, I doubt many people would say the RS5 was less boring - let's be honest, only true BMW fan boys would say the RS5 has 0 road presence.

Quote:
I don't get why any of this is even a conversation, not many people are building out RS5's on big power meanwhile you have a ton of F8X's.
Wait, are we in the modded thread here?

Quote:
The RS5 is more exclusive though because people don't want it which can be a positive but that's about it. I have never driven an RS5 but i have the S5 and past about 120 km/h it can't move and it feels heavy in corners but is actually quite comfy. It's sterile.
ah, so you have not driven the RS5. Glad we confirmed that. I will say, putting the car into sport mode (dynamic mode) changed the behavior drastically on my test drive. Which included a small test tack where I was able to go crazy and not be on the road.

That said, I think they sold every RS5 they made - worse, they didn't make a 2020 so into late 2020 they were still selling the 2019s and they sold well and quick. I think plenty of people want it. That said, I'm not sure where you are getting your sales figures from - as I don't think either mfg posts them. Either way, I would say that most of the RS5s I looked at were considerably more money than the M3.
Personally don't know anyone with an RS5 and haven't seen one on the road in over 3 week..i dont know what the sales are nor do i care. The RS5 is more expensive and exclusive than the M4.

Also to each their own but the rs5 and S5 look nearly identical.

And it is factual, its physics, roll them from any speed, let power to weight do it's thing. The only time the RS5 isnt getting its asshole gaped is from a dig or under horrible tires/road by M4.

Anything over 40 MPH its getting car lengths put on it; also yes i also hate the G8X.

I actually prefer the E92 and E46 over F8X so not fan boying over F8X
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #91
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Don't see the new RS5 that often. Happened to see one a couple days ago. It was in Turbo Blue(had to lookup the color), it looked amazing. Great road presence. The color reminded me of BMW's Santorini Blue. Honestly Audi is producing some of the best looking German cars right now. BMW design has gone in the sh*tter. Merc is just...meh(besides the AMG-GT).
Appreciate 2
ntg442887.50
doug_9992538.50
      07-06-2021, 12:32 PM   #92
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

I saw an RS5 in a parking garage on Friday...it looked so good that I had to do another lap around the garage to get a second look. Its gorgeous.
Jcali861479.00