Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-01-2022, 07:30 AM   #23
chatcher
Private
Rep
Drives: C6 ZR1 and E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelM3 View Post
In my rear-view mirror.
LOL!! Only because your takin your sweet A$$ time givin me a point by
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
cotmfk2045.00
NYG10726.50
      10-01-2022, 08:12 AM   #24
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatcher View Post
LOL!! Only because your takin your sweet A$$ time givin me a point by
Dream on...

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 2
      10-01-2022, 08:22 AM   #25
chatcher
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelM3 View Post
Dream on...
Sh!t son, I pass M4's like they goin in reverse!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
65fastback1137.00
cotmfk2045.00
NYG10726.50
DaiLyCS166.50
      10-01-2022, 08:54 AM   #26
chatcher
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JipperII View Post
I sold my c7z51...and now have an m4 with some mods....

My big thing was putting my 3 kids in the car at the same time vs 1.

While I love the car, the vette was more raw and more torque, but I know with my new mods my m4 is bigger and faster.

How do bmw m4 owners see vettes???
OP joking aside. Can you daily a vet? Sure. Can you track an M4? Absolutely. I just find it works better if you reverse that. I'm one of the lucky guys who gets to do both and Ill tell you they are def built with different intended purposes. Performance wise widebody Z vettes are next to impossible beat for the $$
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      10-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #27
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Anyone here who is hung up on the "corvettes are old guy cars". ( your missing out )...for decades this has definitely been true but is slowly changing with the C8 and started with the C7 I believe.

I had a 2018 c7 z51 7mt for about 1 year. Prolly the the best sounding and most fun modern street car ive ever owned. SOOOO much bang for your buck and doesn't cost much to maintain / mod compared to German cars and btw the manual gearbox in c7's is WAY better than any Bmw ive experienced.
There's my 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50
      10-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #28
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Just another car on the road.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3948.00
      10-02-2022, 07:55 PM   #29
440i6MT
Brother
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual

When I worked valet, they were BAR-NONE the lowest cars to get into. The second I slide in, it was as if my ass was touching the tarmac floor.

Sound good. Bit on the large side. Crap quality. Nice design. Has several mechanical pluses over BMW. Would never buy one.
Appreciate 2
spidy512491.50
cotmfk2045.00
      10-04-2022, 12:13 PM   #30
GrownAzzKid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Competition

My opinion, it depends on what you are looking for in a car. Beginning of the year I was car shopping. My short list was F-Type, M4, Corvette GS, RS5, RC-F.

5 minutes after getting in the corvette I was like nope! Build quality and level of luxury was terrible. Compared to the M4 and F-Type was... there is no comparison. There would be higher level of quality if they had built it with Legos.

If you want a high-performance track car above all else, it's probably what you want. I was looking for high performance luxury coupe. I was more interested in quick versus fast, and comfort/luxury.

They look pretty cool, sound awesome, but not for me...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 12:23 PM   #31
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

To be fair, while I'm on the same page as everyone in terms of the C7 not being on the level of the F8x in terms of overall build quality and just how solid everything feels - I do think some of the posts are slightly exaggerated. It's not a bad interior and it's not terrible quality. It's just not up to the level of German cars. The C6 - yes... it's terrible. The C7 is acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #32
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
To be fair, while I'm on the same page as everyone in terms of the C7 not being on the level of the F8x in terms of overall build quality and just how solid everything feels - I do think some of the posts are slightly exaggerated. It's not a bad interior and it's not terrible quality. It's just not up to the level of German cars. The C6 - yes... it's terrible. The C7 is acceptable.
The thing is when you are just looking at it in pictures, yes it looks cheap. While you are actually driving that kinda melts away. It just depends on what sort of driver you are. The cars and coffee culture is different. The people who drive them in anger are a lot more similar.
Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50
      10-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #33
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
The thing is when you are just looking at it in pictures, yes it looks cheap. While you are actually driving that kinda melts away. It just depends on what sort of driver you are. The cars and coffee culture is different. The people who drive them in anger are a lot more similar.
I'd definitely be in the latter category. I haven't washed my R8 since my last trip to Watkins Glen.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2022, 01:19 PM   #34
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'd definitely be in the latter category. I haven't washed my R8 since my last trip to Watkins Glen.
I haven't taken the numbers off from RA yet. :P
Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50
      10-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #35
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
This^^^

I actually liked the design of the C-7 interior it’s just the quality of materials always bothered me a little bit but like you said, it’s not horrible Just noticeable difference especially if you both ( F8x & c7)

The reality is most Corvette owners, especially the old guys believe the interior of a C7 Corvette is every bit as nice OR better better Than bmws They also would never be caught dead in a BMW 😆. I actually brought this subject up on a corvette forum , tried to tell them how much nicer an m3 interior was I nearly got banned. It was hilarious what Those guys were saying…. Old guys get really cranky when you talk smack about their Corvette.💩

I drove a c8 z51 it had the top tier 3lt interior….actually it is every bit as good as a BMW F8x in my opinion And better in someways. C8s are nice.
Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50
      10-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #36
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I haven't taken the numbers off from RA yet. :P
Still jelly you get to go there. When are you coming to the Glen?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 01:24 PM   #37
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
This^^^

I actually liked the design of the C-7 interior it’s just the quality of materials always bothered me a little bit but like you said, it’s not horrible Just noticeable difference especially if you both ( F8x & c7)

The reality is most Corvette owners, especially the old guys believe the interior of a C7 Corvette is every bit as nice OR better better Than bmws They also would never be caught dead in a BMW ��. I actually brought this subject up on a corvette forum , tried to tell them how much nicer an m3 interior was I nearly got banned. It was hilarious what Those guys were saying…. Old guys get really cranky when you talk smack about their Corvette.��

I drove a c8 z51 it had the top tier 3lt interior….actually it is every bit as good as a BMW F8x in my opinion And better in someways. C8s are nice.
The C8 looks like a real solid step into getting on that level. The materials have gotten a lot better. There's some minor details that still annoy me though - I've seen a few areas of poor stitching on the seats in different C8s. Agreed though, I never got in my C7 after my M4CS and said "Ew, this interior is terrible." I actually liked it while I was able to simultaneously admit that it wasn't quite as solid as the F8x.
Appreciate 1
65fastback1137.00
      10-04-2022, 01:39 PM   #38
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
This^^^

I actually liked the design of the C-7 interior it's just the quality of materials always bothered me a little bit but like you said, it's not horrible Just noticeable difference especially if you both ( F8x & c7)

The reality is most Corvette owners, especially the old guys believe the interior of a C7 Corvette is every bit as nice OR better better Than bmws They also would never be caught dead in a BMW ��. I actually brought this subject up on a corvette forum , tried to tell them how much nicer an m3 interior was I nearly got banned. It was hilarious what Those guys were saying…. Old guys get really cranky when you talk smack about their Corvette.��

The C8 looks like a real solid step into getting on that level. The materials have gotten a lot better. There's some minor details that still annoy me though - I've seen a few areas of poor stitching on the seats in different C8s. Agreed though, I never got in my C7 after my M4CS and said "Ew, this interior is terrible." I actually liked it while I was able to simultaneously admit that it wasn't quite as solid as the F8x.
I swear some people are blind to interior quality. My last car was a MB and I chose it in large part for the interior fit and finish. The m4 is nice but not as nice as that car. Ive had others tell me they didn't see a difference between the MB and a Toyota or something. Toyotas are well put together and all but they are just not on the same level. I think in some regard a lot of that is defensiveness about their purchase. They want to minimize it to feel good about buying a Toyota instead of a lexus, etc.
Appreciate 1
65fastback1137.00
      10-04-2022, 01:49 PM   #39
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I swear some people are blind to interior quality. My last car was a MB and I chose it in large part for the interior fit and finish. The m4 is nice but not as nice as that car. Ive had others tell me they didn't see a difference between the MB and a Toyota or something. Toyotas are well put together and all but they are just not on the same level. I think in some regard a lot of that is defensiveness about their purchase. They want to minimize it to feel good about buying a Toyota instead of a lexus, etc.
A lot of people need at least 5 servings of copium/day.

There's still people who think American cars can't handle around corners.

People think the Huracan has a nice interior... It's well built but it's also complete anus. A 2023 MB E class is 10 levels above it as far as interior goes.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #40
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
A lot of people need at least 5 servings of copium/day.

There's still people who think American cars can't handle around corners.

People think the Huracan has a nice interior... It's well built but it's also complete anus.
How many anuses do you need to stitch together to make a car interior? I mean it would make a unique texture leather at least. It would totally give vented seats a new feel.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #41
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How many anuses do you need to stitch together to make a car interior? I mean it would make a unique texture leather at least. It would totally give vented seats a new feel.
Depends on the donor's diet - I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 06:50 PM   #42
Kstoff125
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Absolutely love Corvettes but they are a different car. Almost comparing apples to oranges. I had a 2013 z06 with the z07 package and it was about as raw of a car as you could get.

The c8 z06 that was just released looks like it is going to give anything from Germany and Italy hell on a track…should be a ton of fun to see.

The m3/4, in my opinion is still the best drivers sports coupe (2 or 4 doors) you can buy. I've got a 6mt F80 m4 with a stage II tune and it is a blast to drive.

I would also note, my m4 has ps cups, which really change the driving dynamics of the car. While not as versatile as other tires, on a sunny day the car feels like my c6 z06…just sticks to the road.

My z06…traded it for a 599…still wish I would have kept it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
cotmfk2045.00
NickyC17479.50
NYG10726.50
      10-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #43
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

I have had both in my garage for a while. Then bought the M2 and sold my third Vette.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
NickyC17479.50
NYG10726.50
      10-08-2022, 12:12 PM   #44
PAPA PA
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Having owned a great modified C5, I still have deep love for Corvettes. Each generation has a unique flavor or focus. This is especially true, starting with the C-5 generation, and moving through the current C-8.

The challenge is that GM is always trying to thread the needle between four distinct types of vehicles. Or perhaps, four different deliberately focus performance ideas. Value, track prowess, grand touring ability, and history. It's much like building a house you can get it fast, you can get it cheap, or you can get it good. It's amazingly difficult to get all three.

So every Corvette has a compromise. As long as you know that going in and the compromise, each generation has is consistent with what you're looking for then they are some of the most wonderful performance values on the road.

I miss mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50