GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-24-2022, 12:29 AM   #1
jim1013yyf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

Rear camber setting for track. Should I go for -2.5? (with SPL toe arm)

I've been running with -2 degree rear camber with no aftermarket arms. I heard F8x has a tendency of toe out with more than -2 degree camber on the rear axle.

however over the holidays I installed SPL adjustable rear toe arm and it should help to keep rear toe within spec. Given that, should I push the rear camber to somewhere around -2.5 degrees? Is there a measurable benefit/difference of additional -0.5 degree? Any recommendations are appreciated!

oh and my front camber is at -3 degree.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 02:47 AM   #2
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

Hi. Noone can answer that straight up. You have to try and compare. It depends on tires, dimensions, pressure and more. I would buy a pyrometer and measure the tire temperature and look at the wear pattern to see if there is any uneven wear or temperature. A 20" tire need less camber as the profile is lower so the tire deforms much less than a 18" for example. Less flex. Also width affects camber.
Appreciate 1