European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

07-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Sakhir Orange Interior Leather Clean Method? (Steam/Cleaner/Conditioner??)

Just looking for guidance on what people are using to clean their interiors. I had a stain not sure what from, maybe jeans, that I cleaned with 50% IPA and came out but now there's a clean section of the seat, didn't realize me seat were dirty. I don't want to clean the entire seat with IPA, only there is varying methods, BMW recommends no conditioners on the merino leather. I have done whip downs with distilled weather but the seats need a deeper clean now, I was thinking to go with steam first and move from there if it's not clean. What does everyone do on their cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
spoolin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

The leatherique kit did wonders on my SO interior. Made it nice, clean, and matte again. I left it in the sun while I polished the exterior of the car.

Another cheaper option is the Gliptone 2-step kit. Their cleaner and conditioner work really well and restore the original leather smell to the interior. I used it on my 1995 M3 interior and it got so much worked in staining out of the dove leather. I also used it on a friends modena interior and it made his nasty door panels look brand new.

The key with any cleaner is to use a soft bristle brush to work the product into the grain of the leather. A good tool for this is one of the soft shoe polish brushes commonly sold at Wal-mart.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin View Post
The leatherique kit did wonders on my SO interior. Made it nice, clean, and matte again. I left it in the sun while I polished the exterior of the car.

Another option is the Gliptone 2-step kit. Their cleaner and conditioner work really well and restore the original leather smell to the interior.

The key with any cleaner is to use a soft bristle brush to work the product into the grain of the leather. A good tool for this is one of the soft shoe polish brushes commonly sold at Wal-mart.
Which leatherique kit do you use? Is it a multi step process?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
humbertin0
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Hi,

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
kosd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin View Post

Another cheaper option is the Gliptone 2-step kit. Their cleaner and conditioner work really well and restore the original leather smell to the interior. I used it on my 1995 M3 interior and it got so much worked in staining out of the dove leather. I also used it on a friends modena interior and it made his nasty door panels look brand new.

I also use a horsehair brush for leather cleaning. I think I paid $4 for a small one at target. Make sure you reserve it only for use on your car seats. If you want to use a cleaner you can easily find locally, try Lexol leather cleaner. It’s pretty safe and if your seats are not too dirty, it will do the trick. I wet the seats down and then use the brush to get a foam going to lift the oils and dirt followed by a microfiber wipe down to dry. For dirtier seats I use megiars all purpose cleaner in the same manner as it’s a better degreaser. I finish with blackfire leather treatment but you can use any product you want to add some protection.
Appreciate 0