Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-15-2019, 04:37 AM   #1
5218201a
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone

Garage List
2016 f80 m3  [0.00]
Long story short.

bought my 2016 Lci f80 last year, was 15000km when I bought the car.

When I drive the car at 100km, I noticed some drone sound coming from the car, also some vibrations coming for paddles.

I thot it was a bent wheel, so did wheel alignment, wheel balance, changed 4 tyres, but didn't solve the problem.

Soon after that I took the car to the track, Then the brakes developing problems. The steering wheel start vibrating when I hit the brake at 80km. Bmw checked, said it's wrapped rotor, and potentially soft pads. They suggested me to replace all rotors and pads. (Warranty not covered, and I spent 500 aud to get the car diagnosed)

Then I replaced the front rotors and 4 pads to ds2500, the brake judder went away. However the drone sound at 100km still exist.

After about 6 weeks, I started to feel that brake judder coming back again, when I hit the brake at 80km. Slight vibration on steering wheel.

I'm pretty sure few things
1. Bed-in was done properly
2. No hard driving on the car after rotors/pads replaced.
3.BMW has checked the car, every thing else was ok according to their feedbacks.
4. Issues not coming from brake pads

Does anyone else has similar experiences? Because I really run out of options. Not sure what to do now. If I change rotors, it might just be wrapped again soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

My friend, I found out that basic brake system is terrible!
Bought my car when the mileage was 3800km and replaced front rotors and pads under warranty because of terrible vibration: the rotors, as a matter of fact, were wrapped!
Anyway stock pads are terrible, so, because of imminent track session, I changed to the OEM Sport Pads.
I think I’ll go on track in 3 weeks, but in the meanwhile I’m going crazy for the noise! These Sport brake pads are making impossible my daily drive-experience!
After tracking, I’ll come back to the stock pads.
Very disappointed...
Appreciate 0