Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Yupitsnguyen
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si Coupe

Ccb brake on 18' f80 m3

Hey everyone so i recently got this car and i love it but the ccb squeal and noise are killing me!! I have no intentions on tracking this car and use it as a daily. I know there are conversion kits to go to steel(bimmerworld). For those who have done it..is there a major improvement as far as brake noise without major brake stopping power loss. If i can i would like to keep the gold calipers but just replace the pads/rotors.

The squeal along with the noise from pebbles getting stuck in the heat shield is making my experience with this car so miserable i have thoughts of selling the car! Please help. Located in SoCal.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Before you go all crazy and sell your car try this, I have CCB and done the procedure and have zero issues. Follow the below procedure, doesn't matter if your pads are new or have several thousand miles on them. It's good practice to do whether CCB or steel rotors.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...32&postcount=5
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf

Last edited by Wanted_M; 07-29-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 03:27 AM   #3
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Can someone locate BMW's procedure for CCB's?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #4
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
Can someone locate BMW's procedure for CCB's?
Any procedure will do, doesn't have to be BMW specific. As long as you do something is better than nothing.
https://youtu.be/TYztbp8CzFk
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
Yupitsnguyen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Before you go all crazy and sell your car try this, I have CCB and done the procedure and have zero issues. Follow the below procedure, doesn't matter if your pads are new or have several thousand miles on them. It's good practice to do whether CCB or steel rotors.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16399732&postcount=5
Would this still apply since i have close to 48k miles as i'm the 3rd owner. So i would imagine it has gone through the bedding process already.

I'm thinking of doing the porsche brake dampers..any thoughts? Before i got to steel..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 05:03 PM   #6
lgiambalvo540
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 and 2003 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yupitsnguyen View Post
Quote:
Would this still apply since i have close to 48k miles as i'm the 3rd owner. So i would imagine it has gone through the bedding process already.

I'm thinking of doing the porsche brake dampers..any thoughts? Before i got to steel..
I have installed the Porsche dampers it helped. I also found that spraying water on the rotors reduced the squealing too.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 09:44 PM   #7
deemack79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I have CCB's, no squeal. I'll get a very faint squeal when I haven't washed the car for a while and there's pad material build up on the rotors. A good pressure washing of the rotors keeps mine squeal free.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 01:31 AM   #8
s55jesus
M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
  [0.00]
+1 for rarely squealing. They will squeal pretty loud when I drive the car right after washing it but that goes away once I hit the brakes once or twice. Besides that, I'll occasionally get some squealing but very faint. My car has 33k miles.
2015 F82 M4 (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #9
Yupitsnguyen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgiambalvo540 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yupitsnguyen View Post
Quote:

I have installed the Porsche dampers it helped. I also found that spraying water on the rotors reduced the squealing too.
Yeah i just ordered the dampers so looking forward to putting them on…i guess i can try spraying down the rotors..fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #10
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Or this method could help.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1191472&page=2
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #11
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff80m3 View Post
+1 for rarely squealing. They will squeal pretty loud when I drive the car right after washing it but that goes away once I hit the brakes once or twice. Besides that, I'll occasionally get some squealing but very faint. My car has 33k miles.
Mine used to faintly squeak but after my last alignment that started squealing horribly. No I cant get them to stop unless they get really hot
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #12
USSEnterprise
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS

Careful spraying the rotors, make sure to wait for them to cool down before spraying. Dousing hot rotors with cool water will cause them to crack. At least that's the case with steel/iron rotors.
Appreciate 0