EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

03-02-2023, 04:40 AM   #1
ThatF82M4Guy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

265-35-19 Rubbing issue solutions

Hello I am currently on 437M 265-35-19 running on PS4S without any spacers. Not too sure why is it rubbing against the fender plastic on the front. Any way to sort this out ? I know there are people who are running a lot wider with no rubbings. Also im ordering a custom forged wheels , and am beginning to worry if i should make the offset wider due to the stock wheels rubbing. I contacted a local tyre shop owner and he told me that i could go with the wider offset wheels but i need to downsize the tyre so rubbing wouldnt occur.

Note: the rubbing only occurs when i make a U turn.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 04:46 PM   #2
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

That is actually more of a common situation than you would think. Wider tires isn't necessarily the issue, it's the overall diameter that gets you.

265/35/19 PS4S is right at the threshold of tire rubbing @ 26.3 inch tire diameter. Plus, the extra 15mm wider tread width with a more squared off shoulder makes the tire diameter even larger when measured from the outer tire edge to the opposite side, inner tire edge.

Which suspension are you on? Lowered cars will tend to rub more than stock ride height. Your suspension and caster (alignment) settings will determine how much more or less your car might rub compared to someone elses.

Depending on exactly where the tire is touching the fender liner, changing wheel width, offset, or adding spacers isn't going to stop it from rubbing, but rather will cause it to rub in a slightly different area since the main problem is overall diameter. Typically this rubbing occurs directly in front of the tire on the fender liner.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
Nyc911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997.1

What alignment specs are you running?
I’m running -2.9 degrees of camber and 7.5 degrees of caster and i don’t rub on the same tires as you have
Appreciate 0