EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

04-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #45
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDVDL///M View Post
I am happy that I went with the painted lip. I feel that it adds the last bit of definition needed to the front end. Especially since I added the M Performance goodies

Here's a dingy parkade shot of the front but I think you get the idea!
      06-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #46
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Some quick shots. FR looking good out in the sun!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      07-20-2016, 03:28 AM   #47
bjf66
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Some quick shots. FR looking good out in the sun!
Car is looking great!

How accurate is the red in the photo compared to seeing it in person?

I see you guys put a bunch of nice painted parts on it! Did you have to special order FerrariRot painted reflectors and the front diffuser lip?

Hope you can do a build list or journal about what you have installed on it; I love the car.

Also, how come you decided to go with film protection over one of the Crystal Serum or other paint protection coating solutions that Troy offers? Asking because I'm considering it myself as well.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #48
2HIGH~PSI
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '94 Supra TT 6MT, '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karura View Post
Car is looking great!

As a fellow bimmerpost M owner in the same town, I saw her ripping around a few weeks back and it looks pretty damn close to the pictures in person.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #49
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karura View Post
Car is looking great!

I see you guys put a bunch of nice painted parts on it! Did you have to special order FerrariRot painted reflectors and the front diffuser lip?

Hope you can do a build list or journal about what you have installed on it; I love the car.

Also, how come you decided to go with film protection over one of the Crystal Serum or other paint protection coating solutions that Troy offers? Asking because I'm considering it myself as well.
The photos are pretty bang on. In the direct sunlight it is rather in your face bright red.

The painted parts including front and rear reflectors and key hole delete were ordered from IND and the front lip was painted by the dealer upon delivery. I had a bit of trouble with IND on the painted parts as they got a little excited and probably could have let them dry before they wrapped them in the blue shop towels and shipped them out because they came with a waffle pattern from the towel imprinted into them. I wasn't able to remove it either, but they made it right and sent me another set of everything.

I should probably update the original post from our ED with more build details and some updated photos. I am on the fence about what is next. I have considered spacers and some goodies under the hood but I may just enjoy this season as it is and work on in the upcoming winter.

As for going with the Xpel and the GTechniq EXO V2 Coating, that choice was purely based on their recommendations for when the car would be driven and where. They put so much crap down on the roads in the winter here, even though I don't drive it in that season, the roads are inherently filthy even after the spring clean. Also the Xpel + GTechniq combo gave me the water repulsion, dust reduction that I was looking for since the car usually sits in the underground parking during the day and my garage at night. The car cleans up super easy, obviously the coating will likely be reapplied next spring, but we only wash at home with appropriate products for our specific cars (Tim is using the Swissvax for the Frozen Grey E90 M3).

I wanted to do a full on paint correction to remedy the BMW orange peel but Troy advised against it, indicating that I would probably get some better mileage out of just looking after the paint and washing with some better products as he didn't think that the paint was that thick to begin with and that this is not a show car.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #50
Devilzmantis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 991 Turbo S

Hell yes!!! So glad you kept that E91 M3 too! Both showroom quality.

SOLD-2015 BMW M4 Convertible
,2006 Porsche 911,2011 BMW Z4,2001 BMW 330ci
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #51
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Lol...if you did indeed see her "ripping" around, please send me a video. This car is extremely pampered and probably never sees beyond 3rd gear or 4000 rpm. I think the Nurburgring was the one and only time this car will have ever been driven hard and even that was somewhat moderate.

Say Hi next time you see her or I. Always on the lookout for fellow ///M owners.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #52
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilzmantis View Post
Hell yes!!! So glad you kept that E91 M3 too! Both showroom quality.
Well we ended up tossing the Melbourne Red E90 M3 for this impulse buy....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #53
2HIGH~PSI
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDVDL///M View Post
The photos are pretty bang on. In the direct sunlight it is rather in your face bright red.

The painted parts including front and rear reflectors and key hole delete were ordered from IND and the front lip was painted by the dealer upon delivery. I had a bit of trouble with IND on the painted parts as they got a little excited and probably could have let them dry before they wrapped them in the blue shop towels and shipped them out because they came with a waffle pattern from the towel imprinted into them. I wasn't able to remove it either, but they made it right and sent me another set of everything.

I should probably update the original post from our ED with more build details and some updated photos. I am on the fence about what is next. I have considered spacers and some goodies under the hood but I may just enjoy this season as it is and work on in the upcoming winter.

As for going with the Xpel and the GTechniq EXO V2 Coating, that choice was purely based on their recommendations for when the car would be driven and where. They put so much crap down on the roads in the winter here, even though I don't drive it in that season, the roads are inherently filthy even after the spring clean. Also the Xpel + GTechniq combo gave me the water repulsion, dust reduction that I was looking for since the car usually sits in the underground parking during the day and my garage at night. The car cleans up super easy, obviously the coating will likely be reapplied next spring, but we only wash at home with appropriate products for our specific cars (Tim is using the Swissvax for the Frozen Grey E90 M3).

I wanted to do a full on paint correction to remedy the BMW orange peel but Troy advised against it, indicating that I would probably get some better mileage out of just looking after the paint and washing with some better products as he didn't think that the paint was that thick to begin with and that this is not a show car.
To add to this, Troy from AutoOBSESSED is arguably one of the best detailers in the country, easily in western canada.

i had my car done there as well and it was exactly the same as this. Xpel, with the nano coating. Its incredible, everything, I mean EVERYTHING just washes and beads right off it. I dont care what I drive next, it will receive a nano coating. Maintenance of the paint work is just WAY too easy.

I actually had a buddy who just bought a new house, and he nano coated his entire bathroom (he doesnt like to clean much) so it makes it super easy.

As for your question on spacers, I am running 15mm all around on my car, so if you see it around check it out, might change your opinion on getting them sooner. I love them. Gives the car a much more aggressive stance and look.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #54
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Here's a few for your enjoyment. FR looks wonderful!!!

Name:  IMG_5744 (4).jpg
Views: 496
Size:  589.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5806 (2).JPG
Views: 475
Size:  384.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5834 (2).JPG
Views: 436
Size:  409.4 KB
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #55
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
To add to this, Troy from AutoOBSESSED is arguably one of the best detailers in the country, easily in western canada.

i had my car done there as well and it was exactly the same as this. Xpel, with the nano coating. Its incredible, everything, I mean EVERYTHING just washes and beads right off it. I dont care what I drive next, it will receive a nano coating. Maintenance of the paint work is just WAY too easy.

I actually had a buddy who just bought a new house, and he nano coated his entire bathroom (he doesnt like to clean much) so it makes it super easy.

As for your question on spacers, I am running 15mm all around on my car, so if you see it around check it out, might change your opinion on getting them sooner. I love them. Gives the car a much more aggressive stance and look.

What exactly is nano coating? Is it similar to Cquartz?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #56
2HIGH~PSI
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
What exactly is nano coating? Is it similar to Cquartz?
Yeah Its similar I believe.

I use Gtechniq EXO
http://autoobsessed.com/shop/gtechni...ml-p-1805.html
Appreciate 1