European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #23
bigj505
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Quote:
This is the one I was looking at: https://bimmer-remote.com/products/g...-m3-m4-f80-f82

Seems to have all the GTS codings as far as I can see? As for the throttle, yeah I'm trying my best to ease into how, but I feel like there's always some inconsistencies sometimes and I still get the jerkiness occasionally
Just sell the F8x and get a G8x.
This car isn't for you. Then your going to complain how the suspension is so rough or there is no Park button, etc.

If you bought this M3 and weren't aware of DCT jerkiness then you obviously didn't research the car. The F8x is not smooth, its like a raw wild horse, you can try to tame it with these flash tunes but it will not solve what the car is. Some people love it and other can never get used to it.
I think this is a big overreaction bro. Even I'm blowing the jerky nature out of proportion, in reality it's more of an annoyance once could live with if they had to.

I feel like I drive pretty hard on the streets and i don't really know about how 'Raw' the f80 is. It definitely feels sportier and dialed in than what I was driving before but I can't really say it's anything insane as of yet tbh.

No other qualms about the vehicle from me. The e92 I drove for a bit on vacation felt more 'raw' if that makes sense
My observations are that a lot of e9x owners feel they enjoy them for aggressive street driving when given the choice between the f8x and the e9x.

The f8x will come to life more on the track. That said, the dct on the e9x is a rougher experience than the refined version on these cars if I have read properly.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2022, 10:22 AM   #24
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

I'd suggest getting driving shoes, Puma has lots of options for a decent price. Then good seating position and whenever you're in Sport+ keep thinking how gas pedal travel is dramatically decreased, boost is built faster etc, best said engine response is without filters. Whatever is happening with the car is because of your right foot.

I'd also avoid driving in Sport+ and DCT in D mode. If you wanna go fast and feel connected DCT should be in S or manual mode. Driving in Sport would be much better option for getting familiar with it before doing any software updates, replacing mechanical parts or ending up saying how this car sucks and getting G82
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2022, 10:23 AM   #25
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post
My observations are that a lot of e9x owners feel they enjoy them for aggressive street driving when given the choice between the f8x and the e9x.

The f8x will come to life more on the track. That said, the dct on the e9x is a rougher experience than the refined version on these cars if I have read properly.
I agree with that sentiment to an extent. Anyway, for me regardless of the GTS flash availability or not, I love the car already and it's only been 7 days. The experience can only get better from here!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #26
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Yes that's kubax86 - he's very good, did my coding on my old M4. I would do all of those, they're all positive improvements. I do agree with the sentiment above that you should take sometime to learn the car and get used to it as is - it'll make the flashes more impactful and you'll utilize them more meaningfully. Also, to level-set expectations, these flashes don't give you a completely new car; they take an already great foundation and add the 5% of extra magic that really unlocks the car in stock form.

A note on CS damping as part of the package, it will be a noticeable improvement to the ZCP damping however, it is designed to be paired with the base (non-ZCP) sway bar. On the street you won't really notice it but if you drive in a performance setting you'll get a tad more understeer than you otherwise would have if you had the correct sway bar.
Are you able to elaborate more on this line for the GTS Tune?
"Also changes the tone of your exhaust to sound sportier and deeper on stock untuned engine." Did you experience a sound difference? I am not sure how a transmission tune affects the engine note LOL.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 10:50 AM   #27
bigj505
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Yes that's kubax86 - he's very good, did my coding on my old M4. I would do all of those, they're all positive improvements. I do agree with the sentiment above that you should take sometime to learn the car and get used to it as is - it'll make the flashes more impactful and you'll utilize them more meaningfully. Also, to level-set expectations, these flashes don't give you a completely new car; they take an already great foundation and add the 5% of extra magic that really unlocks the car in stock form.

A note on CS damping as part of the package, it will be a noticeable improvement to the ZCP damping however, it is designed to be paired with the base (non-ZCP) sway bar. On the street you won't really notice it but if you drive in a performance setting you'll get a tad more understeer than you otherwise would have if you had the correct sway bar.
"Also changes the tone of your exhaust to sound sportier and deeper on stock untuned engine." Did you experience a sound difference? I am not sure how a transmission tune affects the engine note LOL.
Why not ask the person that would do the coding or check the bmw software differences?
They just install bmw software so it's not a custom update.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 11:41 AM   #28
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
On my old car I honestly didn’t notice a difference in sound, didn’t realize that was part of the package lol - I ran (and still am on the F80) an EL mid so it sounded great to my ears either way.
N1rve1286.00
      05-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #29
TCbikes
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW M3

Big discussion and do know I have worked to eliminate this bucking that initially seems to be foot related, but do think there is more of an intervention in the traction management that is excessive in certain modes. In short, if you put just your TOE on the throttle, move the seat way back (essentially trying to eliminate any foot/body interface), my M3 bronco is still there, most notably, when just trying to push away from a stop 'mildly' aggressive. Using just my toe really reduces the body language part of the equation, but there is a noticeable intervention that begins the bucking just off the line that is not my toe doing anything. Case in point, anything past half throttle is no problemo. So a simple question for all M3 bucking Bronco owners, does it do it when you use the launch feature????
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 10:16 AM   #30
NothingButToast
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

I have a 2015 without any flash or upgrade from the dealership. I just learned to drive the car and use the pedals.

Also don't floor it off a stop.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 12:41 PM   #31
Karlooch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post

3) Get the car coded to GTS Transmission by one of the coders available on the forums, helps to some extent with the peaky torque
Is this the same as the GTS flash in bm3?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #32
dallastide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2019 X3

2015 here. I did get the GTS flash but this is mostly a driver error issue. You have to learn to roll onto the throttle or you'll get the bucking bronco. If it starts to happen, shift to second and it will stop. Also driving in manual mode all the time helps quite a bit. Can't remember the last time I drove in "auto".

For the record this is like the 1000th post on this topic.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 01:19 PM   #33
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

so I got the gts flash on tuesday. what i've noticed is that the accelerator feels 'heavier' per se. I also switched only the engine from sport+ -> sport and that also reduces some of the kangarooing. as for flooring it from a stop, I can't not do that unfortunately as that is a pretty big chunk of having fun with these cars haha. I think I'm getting better at avoiding this issue though
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 04:41 PM   #34
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:
so I got the gts flash on tuesday. what i've noticed is that the accelerator feels 'heavier' per se. I also switched only the engine from sport+ -> sport and that also reduces some of the kangarooing. as for flooring it from a stop, I can't not do that unfortunately as that is a pretty big chunk of having fun with these cars haha. I think I'm getting better at avoiding this issue though
The car has character...
Lot's of it. You'll learn it's quirks in time and love it.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2022, 01:29 PM   #35
the_scotsman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sport Evo/JP M3/M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCbikes View Post
Big discussion and do know I have worked to eliminate this bucking that initially seems to be foot related, but do think there is more of an intervention in the traction management that is excessive in certain modes. In short, if you put just your TOE on the throttle, move the seat way back (essentially trying to eliminate any foot/body interface), my M3 bronco is still there, most notably, when just trying to push away from a stop 'mildly' aggressive. Using just my toe really reduces the body language part of the equation, but there is a noticeable intervention that begins the bucking just off the line that is not my toe doing anything. Case in point, anything past half throttle is no problemo. So a simple question for all M3 bucking Bronco owners, does it do it when you use the launch feature????
I only had this issue in Sport+. There was a suggestion, a long time ago, in another thread, to have all of your foot in contact with the pedal, with the heal at the pedal pivot point. This worked the best for me.
Appreciate 0