Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-07-2021, 12:14 AM   #1
aswy6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Hawk HPS 5.0 feedback (loud clunk when braking)

So i decided to write my feedback about these pads as i have had them for a while.

TLDR: they are really bad, regret buying

Initially i purchased these as i was starting to do track days and figured i would use it as track pad while learning and figured i would get away with it as i am in PNW where its pretty cool in spring.

1) They did not fade all that much but left bunch of deposits on rotors when i was pushing a bit harder
2) They squeal
3) This one is the most frustrating - there is a loud bang when im changing direction of braking and it happens because the hole in the brake pad where the pin holding the bracket goes through, is pretty damn big so what happens is the pad moving when im changing direction of braking and the brake pads bang against the pin.
Can someone tell me if i messed something up during the install?

For those of you changing brake pads often, do you experience something like this after changing brake pads?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
SilleM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 bl Saphire competition M3

I have the pads for daily and they don't make any noise, or clunking. Maybe they're not installed correctly. I don't recommend them for the track.
Appreciate 0