Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-28-2021, 08:45 AM   #45
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82spaceship View Post
Lol I can drive player. Like, WELL. My 435i was 400 hp as well. I have driven other powerful vehicles too and I'm more than capable of driving a stick. The power pull due to the traction control is what I was wondering about, to be sure my car is fine. The dtc is new to me and different than a stick or an auto... I got it now. Traction is off. Enjoying it immensely. Thanks for treating a simple question like it came from a kid who can't drive though. Cheers!
Like I didn't know you were pro player, like thats awesome, like wicked brilliant. Who do you race for? What sponsors you got? Didn't know I was talking to dominic toretto...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 08:49 AM   #46
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Quote:
Lol I can drive player. Like, WELL. My 435i was 400 hp as well. I have driven other powerful vehicles too and I'm more than capable of driving a stick. The power pull due to the traction control is what I was wondering about, to be sure my car is fine. The dtc is new to me and different than a stick or an auto... I got it now. Traction is off. Enjoying it immensely. Thanks for treating a simple question like it came from a kid who can't drive though. Cheers!
Like I didn't know you were pro player, like thats awesome, like wicked brilliant. Who do you race for? What sponsors you got? Didn't know I was talking to dominic toretto...
Roll out, as a family
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2021, 09:33 AM   #47
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2024 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnniqe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Quote:
Roll out, as a family
Seems IMPOSSIBLE on bimmerpost unfortunately
Tecnniqe4197.00
      04-28-2021, 12:54 PM   #48
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
I think I got it now
Nice run. It will be interesting to see how things go as you progress with modding.
Details of the run? (ie - used LC vs manual launch; tire setup; etc)

I've been tweaking various factors and trying to make the launch as optimized as possible with this platform. Latest attempt had great temps for the DA, but not so good for getting the tires to bite.
Attached Images

04-28-2021, 01:54 PM   #49
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
Quote:
I think I got it now
Nice run. It will be interesting to see how things go as you progress with modding.
Details of the run? (ie - used LC vs manual launch; tire setup; etc)

I've been tweaking various factors and trying to make the launch as optimized as possible with this platform. Latest attempt had great temps for the DA, but not so good for getting the tires to bite.
This stock?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:06 PM   #50
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnniqe View Post
This stock?
Custom 93 tune through BM3 and the traction was straight crap, both in how it felt during the launch and can be seen in the datalog. Backed off boost in 1-3 by 20%, 20%, and 10%, respectively.
Now just waiting for more consistent warmer road temps before trying to truly fine-tune everything, then going to start working through the E85 tune.

Also on xHP Stg2 DCT tune with some tweaks to the LC rev range, max RPM shift points, and a few other variables.

Still playing around with different combinations and seeing what improvements can be found.
      04-28-2021, 10:58 PM   #51
GP0256
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP0256 View Post
Bring your M to KY and I'll take you in 60' all day. Why are you posting drag strip videos. That's not real world. When I'm done taking you at 60' in the 335 we can take the M's to the track of your choice and I'll smoke you there too. Drag racing a German car is not an indication of their performance prowess. Last time I checked the Nurburgring doesn't test drag race times because they are irrelevant.

Go ahead and post another drag video at a track with track prepped surface and cars. OK bro
Sounds like you are running out of excuses. I wasn't the one that said that "My 335ix will crush an M3 out of the hole." And now you are backtracking and saying German car isn't made for drag racing?

How are you going to measure 60' on a street race, genius? Both videos I posted of the 335ix and M3 are on a drag strip with prepped surfaces. How is that an unfair comparison?
So you don't want to take my duel? Ok bro
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 10:59 PM   #52
GP0256
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd__m4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP0256 View Post
Bring your M to KY and I'll take you in 60' all day. Why are you posting drag strip videos. That's not real world. When I'm done taking you at 60' in the 335 we can take the M's to the track of your choice and I'll smoke you there too. Drag racing a German car is not an indication of their performance prowess. Last time I checked the Nurburgring doesn't test drag race times because they are irrelevant.

Go ahead and post another drag video at a track with track prepped surface and cars. OK bro
Bahahahaha, fantastic GIF my man!🤣
Appreciate 0