Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #155
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Here's a photo of my hitch. Not sure which measurement would help you... the only one of interest is how far the 'horizontal' part comes down below the latching mechanism.

You can see from the photo that what they seem to have done with mine is to slide the horizontal part down the vertical section as low as they could so it's almost hanging off the bottom.

This gives more clearance for the diffuser, *but* the hitch receiver is actually angled up slightly (you can see this in the photo). I'm not sure if this was deliberate, or sloppy manufacture, but it means that my bike carrier doesn't sit 100% level. Doesn't matter for me at all.

It's welded properly, but I'm not sure I would want to tow anything heavy (there is actually a sticker on the receiver saying 'not for towing')
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #156
Love2Apex
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F01 B7, E36/8 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Just finished installing the F80 Stealth Hitch on my M4. After a phone call with the owner, I decided to give it a try. (They were *supposedly* going to ship me a receiver that sits a bit lower than standard, to clear the CF diffuser. I couldn't see any obvious difference from the standard part, and there was no special note on the invoice)

Installation Photos/comments here.

Installation took me about 3 1/2 hours - mainly because I didn't want to cut anything until I knew the hitch would fit.

This is the bike rack I went for. It will carry two bikes and the supports only touch the wheels, not the frame (great for nice carbon frame bikes).
The fitment looks good on your M4! We are considering an M4 Convertible. Does the convertible have the same mounting points as the Coupe to be compatible with this Stealth Hitch?

TIA!!
IG: Love2Apex
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #157
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Apex View Post
The fitment looks good on your M4! We are considering an M4 Convertible. Does the convertible have the same mounting points as the Coupe to be compatible with this Stealth Hitch?

TIA!!
I think that the vert and coupe are identical. The mounting bar for the hitch is the same part as used for the sedan.

So I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. (I checked the part numbers for some of the bumper related parts on realoem before buying - you can see which are shared between model variants)

Note: since I had a CF diffuser I spoke to stealthhitch to ask them to make a slightly lower hitch receiver.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 03:09 PM   #158
Love2Apex
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F01 B7, E36/8 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
I think that the vert and coupe are identical. The mounting bar for the hitch is the same part as used for the sedan.

So I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. (I checked the part numbers for some of the bumper related parts on realoem before buying - you can see which are shared between model variants)

Note: since I had a CF diffuser I spoke to stealthhitch to ask them to make a slightly lower hitch receiver.
That's great to hear. Thank you!!
IG: Love2Apex
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #159
Silvrsled
Rep
Drives: F83

I went with the Curt hitch as the hidden hitch would have put my bike rack super low, on an already lowered car. If im not carefull pulling out of my driveway, I already will drag the lock pin on the rack.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Mandi90TT2712.00
      04-30-2021, 04:20 PM   #160
Jason60051
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvrsled View Post
I went with the Curt hitch as the hidden hitch would have put my bike rack super low, on an already lowered car. If im not carefull pulling out of my driveway, I already will drag the lock pin on the rack.
That's legit!