Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
R8tedR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F83 BMW M4

Aftermarket Warranty + Bootmod3 Tune?

Hey Guys!

I recently purchased an F83 2016 M4 with about 40k miles, DCT, non-comp.

I am coming from Mercedes and have had good luck in the past with aftermarket warranties, specifically Pro Guard. I've never tuned any of my cars in the past however.

I purchased an aftermarket warranty called 3 Star - NVP Warranty.

The warranty allows me to get my car repaired at any licensed shop in the US for everything that is covered. That being said, I have three questions:

1. Does this plan cover majority of the expenses related to issues that can be caused by a crank hub failure? I don't know much about engines and I don't want them to screw me on a technicality if something does come up.
2. Does anyone have experience submitting claims to 3rd party warranty companies for problems that may have been caused by a tune? Such as a crank hub failure? Do shops even have the proper resources to be able to tell if your car has been tuned? I never signed anything that says that issues that are caused by tunes are not covered.
3. Do I really need this warranty? I paid about $3500 for it and it covers the car for 2 years. Should I try to get a refund? I plan on tuning the car to BM3 stage 1 within the next month.

Any insight into this would be greatly beneficial! Excited to become a new member of the F80/F82 community
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Never heard of this company.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #3
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Any flash tune that is tune into the car is logged into the ecu so unless you have a dealer friend who can delete this or have a second ecu don’t flash the bootmod3 unless you can get a refund on the warranty. Random warranty companies that people never heard of tend to do everything they can to get out of a repair so your just giving them a reason not to pay out. Your best bet is a JB4 piggy back that you add and remove before taking the car in for any warranty work. The jb4 doesn’t flash the ecu.
Appreciate 0