R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-08-2024, 11:38 AM   #1
Cowsgomoo1284
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6mt

Garage List
2016 F80 M3  [0.00]
GTS Performance Flash

Just got the GTS Performance Flash (6MT so no DCT flash) installed from Bimmer Remote this morning. Install was a breeze. Drove the car on some of my favorite roads and damn does it actually make a difference. I wasnt expecting to feel the changes as much as I can.

Steering: feels lighter at slow speeds, maybe placebo. At normal/fast speeds, it is still lighter but also far more direct and a little more communicative. Steering was the biggest complaint about this car coming from a Focus RS. That thing had incredible turn in and with the GTS coding the F80 is far improved. I've never driven old BMWs with what people say is exceptional steering feel, but I really like the steering in this car now.

Dampers: I am lowered on Eibach Euro V1 and even stock always found the ride a bit bouncy. With the CS EDC coding that feeling is gone now, the car just soaks up bumps differently and way better. I'm no suspension expert or anything so thats really they best way I can describe it. Sport feels like comfort did and sport plus feels like sport did. But in all modes, it simply soaks up bumps way better and is less crashy. After lowering, sport plus was unusable on backroads, but with the flash it will now be my go to.

Differential: Man does this feel better. You can genuinely tell the car is putting more power to the outside wheel, giving you the feeling that the car is really trying to rotate. Car feels absolutely planted in corners and getting on throttle at the exit of the turn is so vastly improved. Absolutely enamored with the diff tuning.

MDM: Didn't get a chance to test this out really.

I wasn't paid to post this or anything. Just thought I'd share what i thought about it. At $170 for this, it might be the best bang for buck mod along with a tune if you're looking to improve the already great driving experience of this car. Happy Friday fellow F80 owners!
Appreciate 6
M2RAW121.00
HotRodM4687.00
phefner369.00
6ixSpd6014.50
TopJimmy5460.00
      03-10-2024, 06:58 PM   #2
Slow M3
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to for this done for sometime now with Bimmer-Remote but I have a Mac that doesn't run Bootcamp. Need to find a local shop to get it done, especially for the damper settings.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 01:28 PM   #3
VECTORGRAPHICS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F83 M4

do you think the cs edc flash would be benefitcal for a f83? i’m on b16 damptronics with gts steering diff and mdm. what exactly are all the differences
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 02:13 PM   #4
kfresh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 ZCP & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VECTORGRAPHICS View Post
do you think the cs edc flash would be benefitcal for a f83? i’m on b16 damptronics with gts steering diff and mdm. what exactly are all the differences
Biggest difference I found from the CS EDC flash was that in comfort mode it seems to have gotten more cushier and in sports+ it got harshers, definitely worth the upgrade

2022 G05 X5 sDrive 40i Carbon Black ///M Sports Package
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:51 PM   #5
N44RP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Yes
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 07:06 PM   #6
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
CS EDC is meant for Comp (BMW “Sport”) dampers and slightly alters the damping action by pushing the EDC voltages different. The CS also uses the stock Sport EDC dampers. CS EDC settings don’t work right on Stock (“Base”) dampers and the voltage change makes them extra stiff (like locked out crazy hard). Please ask Kubax86 if he can tune your Bilsteins before buying his coding pack. He also can offer individual features last I heard.