BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

12-15-2020, 05:46 PM   #23
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Oh wow...lift? Really? I do track my car. I guess I will pass.
It's not a functional aero part. Just cosmetic.

If you want something more aggressive than the stock GTS wing, I would look into the GT4 wing or (as suggested above) the M235i uprights and endplates.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #24
h_bakken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 (E93) Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
I don't have a GTS but I have a F80 M3. Are those the stock uprights? I wonder if I can get this to fit my M3. Looks amazing!
Yes, those are the stock uprights.

The Vorsteiner wing creates lift at speed, so if you track your car, probably not advisable. Otherwise, knock yourself out. The stock GTS uprights also require a good bit of mounting hardware as well, since they are actually designed to take aero loads.
This is so interesting. So it's just for looks?

Seems silly To replace a mildly functional aero piece with a dysfunctional one 😂
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 04:11 PM   #25
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_bakken View Post
This is so interesting. So it's just for looks?

Seems silly To replace a mildly functional aero piece with a dysfunctional one ��
All of the Vorsteiner aero parts are merely for looks. The blade, sideskirts, etc. Just pretty carbon fiber, not wind tunnel tested/CFD modeled.

If you ever see the GTS-V "wing" in person, you can see that it's not a wing at all. No end plates, inconsistent non-airfoil "wing" profile, etc.

If you want to keep it stock-ish and actually increase downforce, using the M235iR uprights and endplates plus a ~1cm Gurney flap will give you the most rear downforce. But then the front will require additional downforce to balance, otherwise the car will understeer. So you'd need to mount something like the GT4 splitter + dive planes.

And really, it's all pretty negligible unless you are going 120mph+.
Appreciate 1
h_bakken148.50