proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

09-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

AZ BMW Dealership Fees?

Currently in contact with Camelback BMW for used M4, and they're not budging much on removing their dealer fees.

Their final offer includes:
Title/registration $25
Document Prep Fee $499
KAHU/CONTVEHIC $185
Prep $395

I'd be buying out of state and the $499 document fee isn't related to CA registration (where I live) - these are their fees. The KAHU was reduced from $799 and is some anti theft they refuse to fully remove. Prep is what they're charing for their maintenance of the car on the lot.

Is this normal or is this excessive for AZ? The last 3 cars I've purchased were all in CA and none of them charged fees this high. Currently looking for a rarer spec on the M4 so I've needed to broaden my search.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Yes it's excessive and out of all the sales experiences I have had in AZ theirs was the worst
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #3
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
Yes it's excessive and out of all the sales experiences I have had in AZ theirs was the worst
Got it. Thanks for the confirm
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

There is no reason why you should have to accept a forced kahu subscription, and that extra prep fee is a new one to me. It's their fault they have incurred costs for keeping the car on the lot for too long, not yours.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #5
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
There is no reason why you should have to accept a forced kahu subscription, and that extra prep fee is a new one to me. It's their fault they have incurred costs for keeping the car on the lot for too long, not yours.
Completely agree. I actually got the cost of the car where I wanted to be excluding these fees. They didn't want to move on them at all. Ridiculous.
Appreciate 1
arashir164.00
      10-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #6
Codered30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Honestly, go see the BMW dealer in Scottsdale. They have a good reputation amongst the F80/F82 AZ locals from everyone I've talked to
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:50 AM   #7
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codered30 View Post
Honestly, go see the BMW dealer in Scottsdale. They have a good reputation amongst the F80/F82 AZ locals from everyone I've talked to
Yea, I live in California and there's plenty of great dealers out here too but these guys had a Tanzanite Blue F82 w/ black interior. I finally got it down to a price I was good with to fly out there for the car. I actually had a terrible buying experience with them.

Originally, the car was going to be shipped out after I saw it. They were charging me $425 for this, and $399 for tint. They wouldn't take a no on the tint and said it was already done. We agreed on no shipping the week of purchase day and I'd be driving the car back due to extremely high return flight costs.

They pick me up at the airport, and the Salesman I've been working with drove the M4 I was buying to pick me up. And he wouldn't let me drive it back, essentially going for a f***ing joyride with my car and there's no tint on the car.

I had to fight to get that $824 removed. I couldn't believe it. They were asking for $17K for the Platinum maintenance package and when I said I wasn't that interested due to the price, the Finance Manager threw a temper tantrum and turned into a mega dick for the rest of the transaction.

I'm still having issues like there's no wheel lock key in the trunk (I should have checked :/) and there's damage they covered with wax. I contacted them about the wheel lock key and it has been crickets. Definitely writing to BMW N.A. because this is my 3rd BMW and I've never been treated like this at ANY dealer.
Appreciate 0